• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A group (Fireflies?) make some experiences on Ellie's mother to produce a cure against infected, when she is pregnant. And those experiences make Ellie a special person. Something happens between Ellie's mother and other people of group and they kill Ellie's mother. Years later, she knows what happened and wants to revenge.

Aesop

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Everything leads to her being Ellie's mum. Either they are trolling us, just to reveal it's someone else entirely, or it really is that simple, and it's going to be used as a setup for the main story. When Ellie learns about her past, the only thing that drive's her forward is pure hate, thus she wanders off into the jungle to train for many years. When she come's back, it's all for revenge.. but this time..

this-time-its-personal.jpg

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it has to be Anna

And the Godfather Part II theory makes a lot of sense... we will see. I am hyped as fuck, gezzz.

Chestbridge

Oct 29, 2017
I'm expecting Godfather II with Anna and Ellie story lines in the past and present running parallel, with no Joel gameplay at all.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
As I said in the other thread.... It has to be her mother. Also 4 letters were hinted at with her name. If it's not Anna then I just lost 10 dollars with a friend.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's Anna too and I think she was already pregnant with Ellie at the time of this teaser because she was called a sinner and the knife was pressed to her stomach, like she'd been with someone who was in the early stages of infection perhaps.

I also think those two kids show up as adults and will be key to helping Ellie track this cult or whatever it is.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Yes!! I love the idea of a Godfather II direction. It opens up so many storytelling opportunities without straying too far from the heart of the game - which for me is still Ellie and Joel.

Also, it would be a little corny, but I wouldn't mind if we got to see a younger, more idealist, Tess in the flashback portions of the game. Always felt like we didn't get enough time with that character.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been a minute since I played Last of Us but is there any chance Ellies Mom didn't die? I know everyone believes she is but any chance they were mistaken and she's still out there?

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Calling it: that "Hate" theme is gonna have its middle two letters changed and end up as "hope" by the end of the game.

You don't announce a big single-player game's theme alongside a reveal trailer and play it straight for 14-ish hours.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about the whole Part II thing, it's obviously inspired by The Godfather. Now hear me out, what if they use the same format as The Godfather Part II where you go back and forth between the present and the past? So a section with Ellie and a section with Ellie's mom that shows parallels and starts to explain her current rage towards the fireflies (?) shown in the first trailer.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
It's Ellie's mother and she orchestrated the pregnancy ("Laid with Sin" or whatever) that engineered Ellie's immunity. It's a Naughty Dog PS4 title, gotta have that lame fatalism that undermines a protagonist's agency by having their parents set up all the adventures.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about the whole Part II thing, it's obviously inspired by The Godfather. Now hear me out, what if they use the same format as The Godfather Part II where you go back and forth between the present and the past? So a section with Ellie and a section with Ellie's mom that shows parallels and starts to explain her current rage towards the fireflies (?) shown in the first trailer.

I'd say this is a good guess and probably what most others would conclude too.

Also god damn do I hate the fireflies, was sort of hoping we'd have a new group to go against because christ do they irritate me with their holier than thou attitude.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
It's 100% Ellie's mother.
Nope. The world is far too overgrown to be pre-Ellie. I'd say it's more than likely her sister. Not the first time ND pulls a sibling out of thin air.

Also, all of the people in that trailer other than the hanged Hammer-girl are from the same cult. Same clothes, hairstyles, face scars... that kinda group would take time to develop. And the kid (Lev?) showed ZERO emotion to her hanging there. He was raised in that world from birth. This scene either takes place during or after TLoU's Joel and Ellie events, but NOT before.

Bookmark it. I'm 100% correct.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Too overgrown? It was a forest
Actually it's a known highway in Seattle. We have the exact spot on google maps. The fact it appears to be a forest proves my point though lol.

I'm on PS4 atm, so it's a pain in the butt to link stuff. But look it up, community has known the exact spot this scene takes place for weeks.

(when they hang her, they string her up to the overpass... you can see the concrete and heavily rusted steel girders)

Last edited:

zephyrcian

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Man, so stoked to see the next unveiling. I think it'll skip PSX since it was at PGW but who knows.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Also notice that knife lady and the Asain girl have the same hair style and facial scar. The men (including Lev) are all shaved heads and facial scars, in the same clothes... all people in the trailer are cult members. Except the unknown girl, who is probably a firefly.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
So do Gamespot have more info than we do, or is this just speculation?

A year ago this month, Sony announced that it hired Gross--who wrote for HBO's Westworld--to write the story for The Last of Us Part II alongside Druckmann. There is no word on which actors will attend the panel. Some of the lead actors include big-name video game voice actors Ashley Johnson (Ellie), Troy Baker (Joel), Laura Bailey (Anna), along with Westworld actress Shannon Woodward who plays an unspecified character.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-the-last-of-us-2-info-coming-very-soon/1100-6455304/

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
That's taking it a bit too far and over the top
A lot of speculation that Joel will or should die seems misplaced. One of the actual big subversions of expectsrions with the first game was that neither of the main characters died. It was more about living with the actions and lies they committed and coming to terms with it, which is honestly more impactful than either of the two dying.

Oct 27, 2017
They list Laura Bailey as playing Anna. (Ellie's mum)

They called her Anna. Which is obviously speculation, because it's wrong. lol

Ah yes, I see now. Silly me. Hmm, part of me wants to say Anna, but a bigger part of me keeps saying that is "too obvious", and the Druckman always throws curveballs.

She is probably a new protagonist named, Sara. ;)

Do we know if Anna ever died? I can't remember if that was actually confirmed.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
A lot of speculation that Joel will or should die seems misplaced. One of the actual big subversions of expectsrions with the first game was that neither of the main characters died. It was more about living with the actions and lies they committed and coming to terms with it, which is honestly more impactful than either of the two dying.
I agree. I just think killing either of them wouldn't sit well with the fans. But then again, Neil has stated that he doesn't concern himself with what the fans think while making a game.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Joel dies and do so horribly.

Never trust a highschool dropout with the future of the world.

Also, a stronger narrative would be nice.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda hope they don't go with a twist where you think you're playing as Ellie's mother, but it's actually her daughter. Seems kinda unnecessarily Shyamalan-ey, and to me, Last of Us really isn't the kind of series that needs a big twist like that. It's more about characters and their relationships.

Edit: Actually
Scratch that. Forgot Ellie was a lesbian. Never played the DLC, to be honest

Last edited:

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
So did Neil basically confirm the Pregnant Ellie's mum theory at the panel?

@3:12:13

"After the first day Halley (co-writer) goes home and talks to her husband and she's like, 'I think I got someone pregnant......' And you'll see what that means."

So did Neil basically confirm the Pregnant Ellie's mum theory at the panel?

@3:12:13

Ehhh.... to me that sounded like neil and gross where having a disagreement related to someone being pregnant and gross's comment made it sound like she thought she manage to convince neil to make whoever pregnant, hence the comment to her husband how she think she made someone pregnant. It can't be about Anna in my opinion cause why would neil have a problem with that.... no I think it's something else relating to another character.

Oct 25, 2017

Dog is gonna to be play as itself as a dog in real-time game of The Last of Us Part 2

And I'm 90% sure he's gonna to dying in the game. D:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

Dog is gonna to be play as itself as a dog in real-time game of The Last of Us Part 2

And I'm 90% sure he's gonna to dying in the game. D:

Yep, Naughty Dog to have the most realistic Dog animations in the industry. Also cute dog. Also...
*Uncharted 4 Spoiler*
Vicky is best (naughty) dog so far.
tumblr_oage1cJ6ED1ueyrs1o2_500.gif

I love how ND tends to prototype ideas in previous games for future games, like the horses in U3 -> TLOU.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.