• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

metro.co.uk

The Last Of Us Part 2 hands-on preview - love and hate in Seattle

GameCentral offers a spoiler free look at two hours of The Last Of Us Part 2 gameplay and the most technically advanced game on the PS4.
www.pocket-lint.com

The Last of Us Part 2 review: A fitting swan song for a generation

It's here! The most highly-anticipated game of a generation has arrived. Does it live up to its hype?
www.standard.co.uk

Hands on with The Last of Us Part II – the best game ever made?

The Last of Us Part II seems to be surpassing the original in every way
www.theverge.com

The Last of Us Part II isn’t just Naughty Dog’s most ambitious game — it’s the most accessible, too

How the developer is opening up the story to even more players.
www.eurogamer.net

New enemies, new abilities and new details - hands-on with The Last of Us Part 2

Naughty Dog has made it very clear that The Last of Us Part 2 centres on some dark human emotions. "The emotional journ…
www.gamereactor.eu

The Last of Us: Part II - Final Impressions

Eirik shares his likes and dislikes after taking one last look at Naughty Dog's upcoming post-apocalyptic adventure.
press-start.com.au

The Last of Us Part II Hands-On Preview - Sleepless In Seattle

The Last of Us Part II Hands-On Preview - Sleepless In Seattle
powerup-gaming.com

We Cranked The Last of Us 2 to ‘Survivor’ Difficulty, It Left None - PowerUp!

Thanks to insanely early review code, I have a full Survivor playthrough of The Last of Us 2 under my belt. Naughty Dog's much anticipated much-delayed offering is done. It's dusted. I can lay down my DualShock and wonder what's causing these weird buttock pains. I'm guessing it was the hanging...
www.trustedreviews.com

The Last of Us Part 2 Review

The Last of Us Part 2 is a masterful swansong for the PlayStation 4, and arguably the finest, most accomplished project Naughty Dog has ever embarked on.

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just want to read hype quotes

Not digging deeper than that 2.5 weeks from launch

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So basically everyone who doesn't want to cruise through the game should just start on hard, which seems to be appropriately balanced. It looks like they tuned normal to be too easy.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
www.gamespot.com

The Last Of Us 2 Preview: Brutal And Ruthless

The gameplay demo of The Last of Us Part II shown during PlayStation's State of Play was only a small piece of a much larger chapter.

I really enjoy how fluid, weighty, and well-animated the combat is in The Last of Us Part II. At the risk of sounding like a psychopath, the presentation gives every action an "oomph" so satisfying I can't bear to leave an enemy standing as a missed opportunity in the same way I can't leave a stone unturned during exploration.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh wow forgot this was today. With the game so close I won't be watching these (or any review vids), but def looking forward to the blurbs, scores and overall consensus. So, so very looking forward to playing this in a couple of weeks.

PowerUp

Mar 30, 2018
Here's ours. Our reviewer has finished the entire game on Survival (hardest available) difficulty and talks about how that affects gameplay for this preview. No spoilers.

powerup-gaming.com

Thanks to insanely early review code, I have a full Survivor playthrough of The Last of Us 2 under my belt. Naughty Dog's much anticipated much-delayed offering is done. It's dusted. I can lay down my DualShock and wonder what's causing these weird buttock pains. I'm guessing it was the hanging...

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So basically everyone who doesn't want to cruise through the game should just start on hard, which seems to be appropriately balanced. It looks like they tuned normal to be too easy.

Yeah, tbh I was surprised how many times I did NOT die on Normal where I clearly should. I don't mind, but if you want anything challenging, pick Hard.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I kept my preview quite brief because I felt like there were a lot of restrictions on what we could write about and, well, I didn't want to spoil much. But, yeah, if anyone's interested: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...irefights_are_fraught_uncomfortable_fantastic

The violence, at this kind of fidelity, will make you feel uncomfortable – but that's all according to Naughty Dog's plan. While we can't elaborate further, this is a game about hatred and vengeance; it's about obsession and how the cycle of violence destroys everything it touches. If you want to know more, you're going to have to wait for our full review on 12th June. Until then, we'll leave you with our overall impressions on this short sequence we're allowed to preview: chef's kiss.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I was just fast browsing and it seems the gameplay snippets shown in the previews were old footages.

Could mean that previous new State of Play gameplay was the intended b-roll footage too.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
www.trustedreviews.com

The Last of Us Part 2 Review

The Last of Us Part 2 is a masterful swansong for the PlayStation 4, and arguably the finest, most accomplished project Naughty Dog has ever embarked on.

From this chapter alone, The Last of Us 2 is an accomplished sequel in every regard. It feels marvellous to play, and doubles down on the thematic elements that helped the original shine. Ellie is a stunning, nuanced lead who exhibits far more emotional depth than her black and white tale of revenge would have you believe.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here's mine:

It's shaping up to be pretty special...

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
The human combatants are no longer faceless goons, and if you put a shotgun slug into someone's belly, they fall clenching their chest, screaming in pain before a death rattle gurgles to its gory conclusion. Then the shouting begins. If you've broken stealth in favour of loud combat, or just because you messed up, your victim's death will be noticed and his or her friend will scream "Oh God, no, not Dave!". This feels organic and as though these characters lived before you met them, contributing to the oppressive darkness that begs the question of who the bad guys even are in this adventure.

Do you feel like a hero yet?

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. The wait for release day is killing me. Not watching any of it. But it looks like this is going to deliver in spades.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Good to hear normal is easy, cause that'll mean easy will be genuinely easy lmao. I didn't enjoy the combat in the original, so if I can just breeze through it and pull off all kinds of cool shit with ease, this should certainly be more fun.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Here's ours. Our reviewer has finished the entire game on Survival (hardest available) difficulty and talks about how that affects gameplay for this preview. No spoilers.

powerup-gaming.com

Very nice 👍

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Seems like incoming 9.5/10 out of 10 galore, anyway already bought mine, and not gonna watch any of these :P

Anyway when you say start on hard, is the hard on this one like the normal from part 1?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I trust Allies, so watching that one.

Huber is so good at delivering the hype.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Any previewers kindly tell us if there a day-one patch updates for their review codes/at launch?

If so, how big?

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Easy Allies preview. You can't turn off listen mode in Survival difficulty. Seems like everyone really like the combat.