• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Voice actress Ashley Johnson has hinted at The Last of Us Part 2 release date in a new video interview with Brain Foster. Quizzed on the game's release date, Johnson, who voices main protagonist Ellie in the upcoming Naughty Dog sequel, can be heard almost uttering the month that The Last of Us Part 2 will come out. If you listen carefully, it sounds like she's about to say "February."

Reminder what Jason said a few weeks ago:

Sounds about right.

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Wasn't this woman in the first Avengers movie? She looks incredibly familiar.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
TLOU PT 2
Cyberpunk 2077
FF VII Remake

In the first half of the year?

I have the perfect pic :

hqdefault.jpg

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
And of course the guy didn't even realize it so he kept talking thus stopping her from completing the sentence.

Apr 19, 2018
Lines up with what Jason Schreier said when he reported that Death Stranding was set for November and TLOU2 was pushed back, possibly to February.

Hopewell

Jan 17, 2018
Will 2020 be better than 2017? TLOU2, Cyberpunk 2077, FF7 in the first half then PS5 XBOXtwo.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
2 threads? I get the enthusiasm lol
Either way, ima throw a crazy take:

If not February 18th, then June23rd!!!!

Aka...it will now be released between March and May because I jinxed myself...lol

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
If you're a developer of a game that maybe looking to come out in early 2020, I humbly suggest a call to your publisher right about now!

Jun 4, 2019
Imagine if they just shadow dropped this like a Beyonce album in the middle of Fall. When will a AAA game finally have the balls to do that?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Feb makes sense. Gives them 9 months to prep the definitive edition/patch for PS5 to go with cross-gen Ghosts of Tsushima

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
If they are aiming for February then that's a good time to release it, before the tidal wave of other huge titles due out in Q1 2020 like FF7 and Cyberpunk and uhhhh... something else I'm forgetting.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Feb makes sense. Gives them 9 months to prep the definitive edition/patch for PS5 to go with cross-gen Ghosts of Tsushima
I highly doubt either The Last of Us Part II or Ghost of Tsushima will be cross gen. They may be released later on PS5 as "remasters" or something, but cross gen? No.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
ND must really like killing off Ellie's girlfriends during February. First Riley and now the inevitability of her new flame.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Sony seems to like February; a February release worked out really well for Horizon and Days Gone was set for February before being delayed until April. So yeah, a February release wouldn't be too surprising.

Getting this out before PlayStation Meeting 2020 also seems like something they might want to do.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Hope this isn't true. The Last of Us 2, Final Fantasy VII Remake AND Cyberpunk 2077 in back-to-back-to-back months is TOO MUCH! I plan on playing all those games and giving them all the time they deserve, wish they were spread out a little more.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect if so.
Great segment of the interview, I'll have to make time for the whole thing. You can really tell how much Ellie means to her, she got me even more excited.