• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 14, 2018
A Peruvian retailer has supposedly revealed the release date for The Last of Us: Part II, which they are stating launches in October. This falls in line with other things we've heard recently, including what IGN's Alanah Pearce said on Twitter, and the fact that it comes after the retailer event Destination PlayStation could give this more weight. What do you think?

Link here to article.

D0s_p8zWsAE4U_O.jpg

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
This shit had 2019 written all over it ever since the reveal at PSX 2016

Not surprised in the least when this turns out to be true

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense as PS5 was supposed to be released in 2019 (still could). This is what Lawden was implying with his new year tweet.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't mind them just making this a PS5 launch title even if it's cross platform

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the only date they have that makes sense for them. They want people to double dip so it has to release this year for a remaster in 2020/21

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2019 would be.... suprising. 3 and 5 months after Uncharted 4 and 2 years after Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I hope they take all the time they need for The Last of Us 2. Part 1 is my favourite game of all time. So I hope they don't rush it and have the time they need to make a nother masterpiece.

Still think it's 2020.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was debunked on the OT? I may be wrong but it was definitely mention there last week

On topic I think Ghost of Tsushima is definitely a 2020 game and we'll get either TloU2 this year and DS early 2020, or the other way around, no doubt

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Didn't someone else show this before during Destination Playstation. Didn't Benji say it's more than likely that stuff wouldn't be shown like dates at Destination Playstation?

I think it's this year but this leak probably aint it

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Why have I seen this picture before? Wasn't it some twitter account that shared this image during the PS Destination event?

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
My body is ready! The dilemma I have is whether to get a PS4 Pro this late in the generation. Although I'm an Xbox gamer, I have a PS4, I just haven't used it for about three years. I recently decided to catch up on some PS4 exclusives, but my launch PS4 sounds like a hairdryer. I'm not sure why :(

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they manga to write an above average story for a videogame again.

Are the same people that wrote 1 writing this?

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind them just making this a PS5 launch title even if it's cross platform

I expect PS5 will natively play PS4 games as standard, although I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming this launches before the PS5, it gets a fresh marketing push and possibly a re-release as one of the PS5's key 'launch titles'.

OP
OP
Pokemon Master Tim
Jun 14, 2018
There's no way they remaster it and try to sell it again for PS5. My moneys on PS4 BC with a "PS5 patch" that enhances it.

I've been expecting stuff like this for the PlayStation 5 announcement. "Not only will it play all of your PS4 games, but some will be receiving PS5 patches to run and look even better."

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been expecting stuff like this for the PlayStation 5 announcement. "Not only will it play all of your PS4 games, but some will be receiving PS5 patches to run and look even better."
Either that or they'll make seperate PS5 versions(for select titles) and make them cross buy

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Why are we still taking release dates from retailers as gospel? These "leaks" are never, ever true.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully they manga to write an above average story for a videogame again.

Are the same people that wrote 1 writing this?
Really. It's not that great a story. If it was a novel it would be a paperback on a drugstore spinner rack a movie straight to streaming. The story is so effective because contrary to what the games detractors and supporters both think it leans heavy into the strengths of the medium.

For instance that scene everyone brings up in the abandoned house after Joel's brothers that everyone loves, in a vacuum or just with other cutscenes isn't all that special. What makes it special is your in control of Joel when Ellie runs, you race on a horse trying to find her, you search the house trying to find her. By the time the cutscene starts the interaction already put you in the perfect place and it's those moments that make the story not the bog standard mushroom mutants as zombies and sad sad tropes laden dialogue.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Once a Swedish retailer had a release date for Kingdom Hearts 3 for Wii U.
I'm not going to take listings from supersmall markets seriously any time soon :P

With that said.. maybe, we know nothing about PS4 lineup for the second half of the year.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
If Sony are going to reveal the PS5 this year then it's plausible that they wont wait +1 year to release it. Could be a Q2 2020 release like Switch was. If that's the case then Sony needs to get the "big 3" out by Q1 2020. Lot of ifs but just throwing it out there.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
The reason i'm skeptical is because it's allegedly an October release. Sony have abandoned that season for releasing big games.

So it's either this releases in September or my bet is May next year.

Would be cool for this to release this year though.