• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
bgq1H90.gif

iTWhtE1.png
ePIyNXg.png

E2Etitf.png
Dk4TYYt.png

0rcxqsN.png
ny3FniS.png

OZR4hzl.png

4DcauRe.png

sP7vjKz.png

Web Gallery - Official Site: https://www.thelastofus.playstation.com/#media

qqnQT0f.png

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nice job with this! Don't have much to contribute right now but I'll be following this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
I know some speculate Laura Bailey's character is Ellie's mom but could it be Ellie's sister? I don't remember how much they told about Ellie's mom in that first game.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ellie is going to die

Joel is going to live

Ellie wants to kill everyone bc: she discovers something about Anna

Dina is not going to die

We will play as Joel at some point

Quote me after release

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I know some speculate Laura Bailey's character is Ellie's mom but could it be Ellie's sister? I don't remember how much they told about Ellie's mom in that first game.

They've never talked about a sister in the first game so it would be weird that Ellie has a sister all of the sudden. Marleen and Ellie did talk about Ellie's mother though. Her name is Anna and the unnamed character had 4 letters in her name so it almost has to be Anna.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish they would do away with bloom mechanic for aiming which seems to be still in as well with weapon stat upgrades. Stat upgrades just means shitty mechanics like bloom and usually just sticking to few as possible guns when playing.

One thing, I am really happy about is dodge mechanic, when done well it works in basically every action game and in original inability to dodge clickers was a major frustration for me probably the worst thing in the game.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely intrigued by the motives of the Seraphites? Do they think the infection is judgement from God or something? Why do they attack other survivors. It could be a really interesting aspect of the second game.

Oct 25, 2017
They've never talked about a sister in the first game so it would be weird that Ellie has a sister all of the sudden. Marleen and Ellie did talk about Ellie's mother though. Her name is Anna and the unnamed character had 4 letters in her name so it almost has to be Anna.
That's what I mean, it would be quite a surprise. Ellie wouldn't necessary know about a possible sister since her mom died in birth.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Joel is not dead, he's still a key part of the story and the journey in this one.

Joel has a past related to Ellie long before he actually met her in TLOU, turns out in someway he got involved with Ellies' mom and had to kill her. Now, when he discovers what he did he'll have to come clean at some point which will push Ellie over the edge.

Thanks for reading my shitty theory!

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
hope there are infected animals, it'd be nice to see some crazy looking monster designs in the game.

Nov 18, 2018
Naughty Dog have done the long lost sibling thing once already; I really don't think they'd do it again. That would just be ridiculous.

I'm kind of hoping all the Anna hints are deliberate red herrings and actually Laura Bailey's character is someone completely new. Either way, I'm excited to find out more about her and it's cool that it looks like she might be a playable character.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
There will be flashbacks with Ellie's mother, and you play them, adding to the 'PART II' in the title, much like The Godfather Part II.

Ellie dies in the game.

Joel is not a fucking ghost and anyone says he is can fight me in a steel cage match.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be the GodFather Part 2.

We will have flashbacks going back to Ellie's Mom's character. Just like Robert DiNiro in GodFather Part 2.
We will see Ellie become a monster by the end of the game.
We will see Joel betray Ellie one last time. She will visit him in Cuba, kiss and tell him i knew it was you Fredo! You BROKE MA HEART!!!
She will have him executed.
The last scene will be this but with Ellie.

bcjJVCs.gif

There is a reason why he's calling it Part II just like the Godfather Part II and not TLOU2.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I thought it was already announced that we "primarily played as Ellie"
Yeah, they said that Ellie is the main character but I don't believe shit coming from them ;) It's not the first time they've been coy about stuff like this. Joel was the main character of the last game as well, but we got to play as Ellie for a large part of the game.

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
The tree in the first trailer does have some sort of claw mark or something on it though, which could be a hint.
That's interesting, yeah. It's kinda random. In theory, you could still fight wild animals even though they're not infected, though? Tbh I don't want infected animals really. I think it's kinda poetic that only humans were targeted by the fungus, makes it even scarier.

Coolsambob

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling a MGS2 type thing and it being a completely different character to play as after chapter 1

Oct 25, 2017
Marlene would've mentioned it I think. It would also be pretty dumb to have such an important person (normally) show up out of nowhere. It would just be for the shock value.
I guess Marlene would know about a missing girl if she knew Anna for a while, so yeah, probably not happening. But fun to speculate.

Nah, I don't think it would be dumb, it's more about how you deliver that.

Oct 27, 2017
Speculation for release date: May 15, 2020
Metacritic score: 97
Game of the Year Awards: 203
Average time to beat game: 15-20 hours.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I think they're going to be telling the story in a non-linear fashion, jumping between past and present events. I think the way they'll structure the narrative it'll make us think Ellie is getting revenge for Dina but eventually towards the end as the pieces come together it'll become clear that it was actually Joel who was killed.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think they're going to be telling the story in a non-linear fashion, jumping between past and present events. I think the way they'll structure the narrative it'll make us think Ellie is getting revenge for Dina but eventually towards the end as the pieces come together it'll become clear that it was actually Joel who was killed.

Non linear storytelling is almost a lock

The Paris Game Week trailer clearly hinted that Anna was playable

Of course that is, if that girl actually is Anna which lets be honest it is totally her