• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CHOOSE YOUR SIDE

• #Team2019

Votes: 804 49.3%
  • #Team2020

Votes: 826 50.7%

• Total voters

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys realize they don't shoot scenes in chronological order right

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
6a01896c58e0585369d0d4fd0e41fb6a.gif

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ELLIE: You know, Joel, we really are the last of us part two.
CUT TO BLACK
THE END

I'd shop it but eh.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good luck to any video game this year hoping to have a shot on the GOTY list.
Got that right. I honestly didn't know what else would challenge RE2 but when Benji started hinting at this coming this year it became TLOU P2's year. I don't see anything that could challenge it. Unless by some miracle Cyberpunk comes out this year but I don't see that happening.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm....

I still want to say 2019. but at the same time, I can't imagine this is quite the same situation as the 're-shot some scenes' part of UC4 that some people are making comparisons too.

But to be fair, I imagine the story cutscenes are not necessarily developed at the same rate/timeframe as the combat arenas and such - especially if the script hasn't undergone a huge amount of iteration

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Ah, I can't wait for my annual playthrough of The Last of Us in preparation for Part 2.

I truly hope it comes out this year.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Releases right before the PS5's launch day, spring 2020, box has PS4 & PS5 ready written on it like Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding includes a 4K/60fps patch with a bunch of graphical enhancements for PS5 users. Cross-buy, same box, same price like DVD/Blu-ray combos.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really courious. The last scene was the best about the Last of Us. The only thing that made is stood out at least.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
What else is coming out? Not being snarky, genuinely curious/interested

RE2, DMC5, Sekiro came out already. You have TLOU 2 probably, Link's Awakening Remake, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Borderlands 3, Control, Animal Crossing, Mario Maker 2, Jedi Fallen Order, Luigi's Mansion 3, Ori 2, The Outer Worlds, Dreams, DOOM Eternal is a lock for 2019, Mortal Kombat and the GOAT: Untitled Goose Game.

For me, these are games that are going to be good at the end.

You also have Days Gone, Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Shenmue 3, Gears 5, Fire Emblem, Code Vein? and Crash Team Racing but I am a bit skeptical about them. They will probably turn out to be good at the end, though.

Personally, better year than 2017 or any other.