• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Correct me if I'm wrong but we never got a timeframe for the release, right? Not even a year? So I figured this would be thread worthy.

To acknowledge Outbreak Day a few days ago, The Last of Us 2 fans received a special PS4 theme, but there could be even more to celebrate. One fan recently discovered that every video of the game uploaded by PlayStation Music yesterday all labeled the game with a 2019 release date, seemingly confirming the game's launch year. While many were expecting this, it's worth mentioning some also believed it wouldn't launch until 2020.

Of course, fans will want to take this news with a grain of salt, as neither Naughty Dog nor Sony have publicly confirmed The Last of Us 2's release date. Nevertheless, this does come from a credible source. For those doubting the authenticity of the date, it's worth mentioning that this is the official PlayStation music account–not a knockoff.

last-of-us-2-part-2-2019-release.jpg.optimal.jpg

More at the link:
https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-release-date-2019-playstation-music/

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Fall 2019 along with ps5 with native 4k60fps support will make me pick up a ps5 at launch for sure.

dreamobserver

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think it's a 2019 release but I'd be happy. I'm expecting a cross gen dual release kind of situation in 2020

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how so many are doubting the game will make it out next year, but are somehow convinced the PS5 will. :p

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stop, It's 2020. Process that. A lot of us would love to play the game right now, but this 2019 narrative people are trying to run with is goddamn pointless.

Because when it's proven to not be coming out next year, and you get pissed off by that shocking news. Remember you set yourself up for that disappointment, not Sony or ND.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
He really doesn't have a say though when it is released or even done. They can be aiming for 2019, but they haven't told us a date for a reason.

That said, I think we will get a date at the Video Game Awards this year.
He indirectly did
"It'll be done in 2019 [laughs] - No I don't know exactly when it will come out, but a project like this usually takes at least 2 years to make. I've been working on it now for about a year, after my last concert on the 28th of October, I will be traveling to LA to keep working on the game."

Naughty Dog in E3 2018 said almost 70 percent of dev process has been completed. Over a year to complete remaining 30% and The final polishing phase is more than enough imo.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fall 2019 along with ps5 with native 4k60fps support will make me pick up a ps5 at launch for sure.

This is a very good call. Making Sony's biggest game in history a launch title for PS5 with tangible performance benefits.

Naughty Dog can definitely pull this off. They've been strongly desiring 60fps for years now.

PS4: 30fps
PS4 Pro: 30fps + performance mode
PS5: 60fps

Could be yugeeee. Like BOTW was for Switch.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game began production in 2014, with mocap in 2016. I mean, anything is possible, but 2020 would be a long fucking time for a studio as efficient as ND, regardless of previous delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.