THE LAST REMNANT Remastered |OT| A Remnant Rebound to Unreal 4

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly surprised at the lack of tutorials/guides on YouTube. Thankfully we have the Steam guides and Wiki, but still, a video going over the combat mechanics (especially hidden ones like how the class system can affect your union leader's likelihood of getting a restore/defend/flank/combat arts/mystic arts command), and other important stuff would be really nice for first-time players.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I'm honestly surprised at the lack of tutorials/guides on YouTube. Thankfully we have the Steam guides and Wiki, but still, a video going over the combat mechanics (especially hidden ones like how the class system can affect your union leader's likelihood of getting a restore/defend/flank/combat arts/mystic arts command), and other important stuff would be really nice for first-time players.
For the sake of newcomers, someone really need to make adjustment to the wiki where it says "PC" or "PC only" to "PC and Remaster".

For many, it isn't clear whether the remaster is based on PC or 360. (It's PC)

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm doing my NG+ run using the Static BR Scaling Mod (30 Steps 128&96 Linear Static version) I mentioned on the previous page, and man it really does improve the game IMO.

It's really nice to have the stress of the BR scaling system taken out of the game completely. I no longer get annoyed when I fight a solo enemy that dies before most of my units get a turn to attack. When I get a new character whose stats/skills are underdeveloped compared to my current units, I can do a little solo grinding and get them up to speed (bad idea in the unmodded game to raise your BR while only leveling the stats/skills of a single character).

I'm not sure I'd recommend the 30 Steps 128&96 Linear Static version to a beginner, because it does make the enemies harder in the early game - but this also means you don't have to link together more than 2 enemies to get a good, challenging battle where all of your units get at least 1 chance to level their skills. Still, for a first-time player I'd recommend using the Vanilla Base Level Static version, which, as it sounds, freezes enemy levels at their base BR.

anderedna

Oct 25, 2017
Whew finally platinumed this game in one playtrough with last trophy being the true conqueror one. Beat him with BR 70, after so many tries with the last one by bringing 4 Cachexia users. I spent almost a week at Robellia trying to get the stats and skills up to finally take him down, with 1 or two hours training session per day or so. 3000+ links. So many thanks for TLR wikia/fandom page. Really helps me out.

While gameplay is nice, BR increase not really related to stat increase is a pain. Basically you have to really choose which unit you want to use from very beginning and stick with him/her. Otherwise, the new unit has to be trained again and make the BR higher. As this is based on PC, I think some of the skills got some bug, like thunder breath and caustic blast. Both of them now being whole map AoE skills really makes the fight hard against the enemies that have it. On the other hand, caustic blast could be a replacement for blackhole and it's cheaper to use and learn.

Again, thanks SE for remastering this and bringing it to PS4 so that I could finally play it. I don't think I missed any good JRPG by not owning X360 anymore with this game and ToV released for PS4.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Whew finally platinumed this game in one playtrough with last trophy being the true conqueror one. Beat him with BR 70, after so many tries with the last one by bringing 4 Cachexia users. I spent almost a week at Robellia trying to get the stats and skills up to finally take him down, with 1 or two hours training session per day or so. 3000+ links. So many thanks for TLR wikia/fandom page. Really helps me out.

While gameplay is nice, BR increase not really related to stat increase is a pain. Basically you have to really choose which unit you want to use from very beginning and stick with him/her. Otherwise, the new unit has to be trained again and make the BR higher. As this is based on PC, I think some of the skills got some bug, like thunder breath and caustic blast. Both of them now being whole map AoE skills really makes the fight hard against the enemies that have it. On the other hand, caustic blast could be a replacement for blackhole and it's cheaper to use and learn.

Again, thanks SE for remastering this and bringing it to PS4 so that I could finally play it. I don't think I missed any good JRPG by not owning X360 anymore with this game and ToV released for PS4.
Lost odyssey is the best jrpg on 360 though. By a long shot

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
It has been a week but they finally fixed the AoE bug with Caustic Blast and Thunderbreath with patch 1.03 on PS4.

Aside from the enemy aggro bug, are there any problems left with the remaster on PS4?

Somehow I doubt enemy aggro thing is a bug. Probably made deliberately to make it easier to lose aggro in order to avoid enemies. Especially in cave environments.

Last edited: