• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
SirNinja

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Blocter can apparently tank now. He has a command that lets him enter a defensive stance where he takes all the attacks while those in the back ranks can deal with the enemies.

At first I thought it was because of the formation I was using but it's the class that determines it (He became a Monk).
That was in the PC version as well. The odds of the command appear will increase if a unit is in a good position to tank some damage. The formation does matter, as well as the units' position in it. If you run with a defensive formation you'll see that command pretty often.

What other classes has more advanced commands tied to them?
One example: some of the healing/support classes can get some pretty crazy commands later on. If one of your other unions is Cursed or Enthralled, sometimes you'll get a "Cure them even if it kills them!" command, which KOs and revives the units in one turn, in order to remove the ailment.

Are there any unique attacks or just general commands in battle (attack with combat arts, attack with mystic arts, keep HP up, etc.)?
There are quite a few unique attacks. Leaders with Remnant weapons can all use a special attack (e.g., David's Gae Bolg), and unions can sometimes unleash a single powerful ability (an Arcana) in place of their usual individual attacks, if the conditions are just right.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Finally diving into the PS4 version. So far I've noticed that enemies seem like they stop following you much more easily in this one. Seems like it'll make linking a lot of enemies tougher.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Who I sell captured monsters to? Does it matter which shop they are sold to? I don't really get how it works. I sold some monsters to the component person in the first city but nothing happened. Is there a way to tell when he or anyone else will sell you new stuff?

Also I have a lot of parts and components already from disassembling and killing enemies but not sure what I do with them as I can't upgrade or make stuff from them yet? I'm only just got the mission to go to blackdale

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Finally diving into the PS4 version. So far I've noticed that enemies seem like they stop following you much more easily in this one. Seems like it'll make linking a lot of enemies tougher.
If you press R2 when you're close to an enemy (but not close enough to trigger a battle), they'll chase you for as long as it takes.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Who I sell captured monsters to? Does it matter which shop they are sold to? I don't really get how it works. I sold some monsters to the component person in the first city but nothing happened. Is there a way to tell when he or anyone else will sell you stuff?

Also I have a lot of parts and components already from disassembling and killing enemies but not sure what I do with them as I can't upgrade or make stuff from them yet? I'm only just got the mission to go to blackdale
It doesn't matter. The game has a concept of commerce points that go up when you sell captured monsters, and they're global. The kicker is that there are different types of these points and different monsters give different types.

More info here: http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Goods

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the story is mediocre. But the characters are okay, and the VA is decent for the time. Rush is Nero isn't he? The story isn't annoying me though.

Its the rest that really stands out. Take the sidequests for example, they open up completely new areas and dungeons you might never even see otherwise. Some of these quests bring you from NPC to NPC (as per fetch quests), but others let you do a puzzle, or a dungeon, or a small boss marathon. Its incredibly varied so far and I did a few dozen.

The last RPG I beat is DQXI. If I'm honest I prefer TLR. It just has better combat, better side quests and sure as hell better OST. The crafting in TLR isn't bad either, the loot system is good. I just can't get a Moldering Katana to drop right now, lol.

The game has these FFXII feels also.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the story is mediocre. But the characters are okay, and the VA is decent for the time. Rush is Nero isn't he? The story isn't annoying me though.

Its the rest that really stands out. Take the sidequests for example, they open up completely new areas and dungeons you might never even see otherwise. Some of these quests bring you from NPC to NPC (as per fetch quests), but others let you do a puzzle, or a dungeon, or a small boss marathon. Its incredibly varied so far and I did a few dozen.

The last RPG I beat is DQXI. If I'm honest I prefer TLR. It just has better combat, better side quests and sure as hell better OST. The crafting in TLR isn't bad either, the loot system is good. I just can't get a Moldering Katana to drop right now, lol.

The game has these FFXII feels also.
I largely agree with you. I adore TLR's battle system primarily, which is why I've replayed the PC version quite a few times to try out different units, different formations, different strategies altogether. It wasn't until my third playthrough where I really understood how valuable morale-boosting skills can be!

I don't even find the story super terrible or anything - there are many JRPGs with infuriatingly stupid narrative stuff and TLR isn't really one of those. It's just not very remarkable and not the main draw. If anything, the world design is great, the character design is great, but the actual story doesn't quite meet the potential it could. It's whatever.

I'm doing what is essentially time-consuming 'post-game' preparation at the moment - gathering components that my uniques are requesting. This actually takes quite some time, and it's not really essential, but any edge against The Lost, WHite Conqueror, or Absolute Conqueror I will take.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I know the At Hatred's End requirement was removed for Things Unchangeable on the PC version, can anyone confirm that's the case on PS4 as well? I am making a back up save just in case

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
GEc7D5Km.png

well that was fun

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've come up with a pretty reliable workaround for the following nerf.

Getting all 20 takes a bit more doing, but it's doable. Getting 16+ is super easy this way though, whereas without it, it was a trial even just getting 10. Definitely the worst thing about this version of the game.

mrjohill

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips for taking on the fallen?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I BEAT HIM. THAT FELT AMAZING

Last edited:

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Just noticed that you can sort the order of your unions. At first I thought you had to disband and later recreate the unions in order to get the setup you want.

Now I have a union in the last slot that specializes in flank attacks in a formation that boots flank damage and a Ranger as the leader for the special "Attack from the sides" command.

I'm getting the hang of this battle system.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Getting all 20 takes a bit more doing, but it's doable. Getting 16+ is super easy this way though, whereas without it, it was a trial even just getting 10. Definitely the worst thing about this version of the game.

Hmm I was able to get 18, 20, and 20 on the three times I tried that one, I dont think theres much of an issue there. I'm having trouble in Lavafender tho, they just freeze in place after I get 8 or 9 rounded up

Seda did you recruit Roberto on your playthrough?

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I did not, I just played it safe and sided with Ophelia. I wasn't going to use Roberto anyways. Sorry I can't confirm the At Hatred's End trickiness.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to do The Fallen. Just tying up some loose ends. I don't expect to have a ton of trouble, though, since I got cachexia while doing the bases.

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017

I played the PC vesion. I'm am intimately familar with this area. Very important to round up as many bugs as possible there, so it's good you found a way to do that.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I played the PC vesion. I'm am intimately familar with this area. Very important to round up as many bugs as possible there, so it's good you found a way to do that.
Yeah, on PS4, they don't follow the same way they do on PC. It's pretty irritating and difficult to get enemies linked up well.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I beat the game. Its very good but some things were annoying.

Enemies are indeed hard to link up and their following is borked. There is also lots of stuff you will miss if you don't look into a guide, I played largely without it and found out I missed some quests so I decided not to go for 100%. I kinda wrapped it up and the final boss was sort of difficult (he was Rank 3 and I was BR 60). I didn't have many amazing skills and 5k health tops.

The large scale battles are good but there is an issue with reinforcements spawns. It seems that if you don't fish for large AoE like Caustic, Gae Bolg, Blackout etc you will get flanked and have a harder time than needed. The game does seem to give you these options lots of times during these fights.

There is another issue with enemy AoE, since the damage counts up, if all of you gang up you can have lots of casualties. This works the same way for the enemy troups though (which is why caustic blast felt so OP mid-game). I eventually kept battles on turbo and dying late into a skirmish is a chore even then.

Story is undercooked, but all in all TLR is very underrated and one of a kind. I enjoyed it a lot.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
My fight against The Fallen was pretty smooth. I forgot to turn off some arts, which made a few of the selections not great, but it all worked out.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided to make Rush an offensive mage. Again. It seems I always end up doing that because he's one of the very few characters who can become a Warlock, and I like having control over arcana usage.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you need to have the same conditions when activating an arcana? I've done blackout before but it's never happened again

For blackout, just only enable the required skill you have with your leader, Spark V, Wind Shear IV, Caustic Blast II or Permafrost. I got Spark V rather early and used that, I think its most likely for everyone, its the weakest and low AP cost.

Make sure you have 2 or 3 extra dudes with Invocations in your Union. Blackout can activate at random if you select Mystic arts and your leader will do Spark V and others will do for example Spark and Wind Shear. Just refrain from using AP until something like this pops up. After that it might also turn up as an option on the list of actions, ensuring a cast. Typically on large scale battles.

For Blackout 2 I think you need something like Caustic Blast III or Wind Shear V with your leader, etc.

If you're poisoned or whatever, I believe Arcana won't get off.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Without being able to use the Lavafender worms, my equipment commerce points were really behind. And it didn't occur to me that I could use Kosmosfest until after I already completed it. So I just had a little session of chaining 5 crabs in Fornstrand until I had enough equipment points to unlock the imperator weapons. Glad that's done; at least it only got me 4 BR. I'm at the end of the game with only the Ancient Ruins left to conquer at BR 53. Still quite a few things to take care of, but I'm getting there.

By the way, I can confirm that At Hatred's End is not required on PS4, just like it isn't on PC.

people

Oct 27, 2017
After slacking for a week or so, finished a bunch of quests and advanced the MQ past Nest of Eagles. The introduction of
Emma Honeywell II, AKA Emmy
just now actually made me laugh.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, having second thoughts about Rush and wondering if I should spec him to melee, and try making him a Ninja. Issue of course there is that he has to dual wield, and there aren't really any good dual wield weapon arts. Plus very few mystic characters who can go all the way like he can and end up as a warlock.

Damn this games options and variety! ;-)

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So... i had the PC version for ages. When i saw the remastered, it felt like shody visual upgrade. Like, i shouldn't botter buying it up again.

Could someone give me a double check on this?

Is this actually worth a buy if you already have the old Steam version?

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Just done blackdale, Jesus this game plays like a dream compared to the old 360 version. Looks pretty fantastic too. Easier than I remember so far but still super early I suppose. Should get the platinum pretty easy as the 1000g wasn't too bad either.

people

Oct 27, 2017
Regarding trophies: 100 Critical Triggers for "Timing is Everything" need to be done manually.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game but gods the class system can be annoying. I want Rush to be a mystic user, but because I used herbs at the start (because he's one of your only healers!) hes now stuck as a Runemaiden, and constantly spamming combat command options in battle. I think my best bet is for him to switch to MysticKnight and then Thaumaturge, but I'm not even sure if that's possible or how to do it beyond only ever using mystic commands no matter what.

Similarity, Scout class being a rank 5 class on the PC really screws things up as it's so easy to get. Baulson and Blocter are both scouts now and figuring out how to progress to a higher rank class is a nightmare.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Game is so much easier then the 360 version. Just fought the what was a pain in the ass gates of hell which took me loads of tries on 360, to absolutely destroying him in one try in mins. Battle rank 38. He must of got nerfed hard.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any tips for doing the landworm farming in Lava Fender? I am have already passed the Wisdom's Echo quest and did not grind there. I also am just now learning about this linking issue. At the moment it feels damn near impossible to link more than 10 landworms. Should I save/reload when trying to aggro?

people

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any tips for doing the landworm farming in Lava Fender? I am have already passed the Wisdom's Echo quest and did not grind there. I also am just now learning about this linking issue. At the moment it feels damn near impossible to link more than 10 landworms. Should I save/reload when trying to aggro?
It was pretty very tedious. Repeatedly saving and reloading after aggroing (R2) a few and gathering them up in the larger areas seemed to work, but very often some would get stuck. Works best without eyeballs or vultures around. I think I got links of ~16 after getting used to it.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
It was pretty very tedious. Repeatedly saving and reloading after aggroing (R2) a few and gathering them up in the larger areas seemed to work, but very often some would get stuck. Works best without eyeballs or vultures around. I think I got links of ~16 after getting used to it.

Thanks for this. Helped a bunch. I was able to get 12-14 at a time if no eyeballs around (11 if eyeballs were around). Definitely very tedious, but the stat gains are great. Still only BR 15 at the moment before the Aqueducts.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this. Helped a bunch. I was able to get 12-14 at a time if no eyeballs around (11 if eyeballs were around). Definitely very tedious, but the stat gains are great. Still only BR 15 at the moment before the Aqueducts.
Why are you worrying about battle rank? It makes not much difference on this version

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't worried about it too much, but I only ever played the 360 version back in the day. This made me think I needed to try and keep my BR low. Having fun either way.
Ahh right this game is a piece of piss compared to that version. Makes me wonder how I got all the achievements back then. Just recruited Allan and he hits like a bus

people

Oct 27, 2017
Completed the Platinum, also did all the 'DLC bosses'. Collecting all the magazines and splitting 500 monsters took most of my time. Will probably do a NG+ at some point (maybe without using Cachexia).