• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Patch notes - v1.01
  • DrLight66

Banned
    Nov 27, 2017
    Patch 1.01 has just been released. Patch notes according to sunzi from gamefaqs...

Fixed an issue where certain trophies were not unlocking even when meeting the necessary criteria.

Fixed an issue where character stat increases after battle were not being displayed in the UI. These increases were correctly reflected in actual in-game calculations, and this was purely a display issue.

There are still a few issues that need to be fixed. Some area of effect (AoE) attacks such as caustic blast and thunderbreath are hitting unions outside of what the spell's radius is supposed to be. Caustic blast specifically is hitting pretty much everything. So if you use it you'll hit almost every enemy union or every enemy union, and it goes the same for if an enemy uses it against you. Seems this is likely a result of moving from UE3 to UE4 and certain things scaled incorrectly.

Also, apparently some enemies' movement outside of battle is a bit bugged. Also, iit'd be nice to get the PC's "Depth of Field" max setting where enemies can be seen from anywhere when traveling through areas/dungeons outside of battle so they don't just "pop up" within view once you get within a certain distance of them on screen.

Otherwise though, this is a great remaster of the PC version and it runs beautifully at 60fps on the Pro with noticeable drops on the regular PS4.

Collection of good guides
  • Luap

Oct 26, 2017
    But what I really should do is study how this game's battles really work, deep down; I've been winging it and just going with what seems to work, with only a vague idea of the underlying mechanics. (For example, it took me far too long to notice that we gain AP quicker if we don't act during a turn.

I tried looking for a good YouTube video for this, but sadly TLR is such a niche game that there doesn't seem to be any truly great video guides out there.

Thankfully there's plenty of written guides:

(Steam) TLR Normal Mode Walkthrough and Guide: Maximal Results with Minimal Effort
    The best one-stop TLR guide.

(Wiki) Frequently Asked Questions
    (Steam) The Last Remnant Starter FAQ
    (Steam) Things I Wish I Had Known....
    FAQs/useful information.

(Wiki) Combat Basics
    (Steam) Advanced [Combat] Strategy Guide
    (Wiki) Battle Commands
    Making sense of the complicated battle system.

(Steam) The Arts
    (Wiki) Developing Arts
    Very helpful info on which arts are the most useful, and how to level them up and reach the next arts.

(GameFAQs) Army Construction FAQ
    (Steam) Unique Leader class guide
    General info on army construction, and more detailed info on every leader.

(Wiki) Quick Walkthrough of Side Quests in Chronological Order
    An easy page to consult if you want to make sure you're not missing any sidequests.

Last edited: