• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

=============
Hi everyone,

We will soon be discontinuing digital and physical sales of The Last Remnant on PC.

Sales will cease at the times below:-

Japan region: Wednesday 5th September, approximately 2:00 (JST)
NA region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 10:00(PDT)
EU region: Tuesday 4th September, approximately 17:00(GMT)

Anyone already owning the game will still be able to play as per usual.

Thanks to everyone who's adventured with the Mitras, Yamas, Qsitis and Sovanis!
==========

Rather odd to see it being pulled. I'm assuming this is related to some sort of license expiring rather than a new update or some sort of resurgence for the IP. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in-case they wanted to grab it last minute. Though if you're like me, you might own this from a bundle it was in awhile back. So check before you buy it somewhere. Thanks to Madjoki for pointing this out in the PC Gaming Thread.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/games/23310/announcements/detail/1709566654679120493

Currently it isn't on sale anywhere. But there might be some coupons laying around for these storfronts
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/lastremnant/info/

Last edited:

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
My previous minute:
Well, I should buy this then...wait I own this already??

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I apparently have owned this since 2016, and I don't even remembering buying it.

Good old steam sales.

Oct 27, 2017
Genuinely disappointing. This game was one of my favorites from last generation. I own the pc version and I hope that I can still re-download it in the future because it is a seriously good game

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
This is thuroughly bizarre. I hope they find a way to re-release it later. I'm also hoping some sites will have it on sale soon.

For those wondering, this game is available on 360, but that is a very different version of the game. The PC version came later and has many, many refinements and content additions.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Its a really good game, buy it if you havent, the PC version is wayyyy better than the console one (and was made easier too afaik)

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
The Last Remnant is an extremely interesting case, historically.
It's an early 2009 PC release, of a JRPG, by Square-Enix, that is actually a great port, and by far the best version of the game with several significant gameplay improvements.

It's not like this has licensed music or similar, it's strange.
Yeah.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the game is exactly 10 years old soon, so it's probably about something expiring but what.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure this was in a humble bundle? I don't know, but I think that's why I own it. It's funny because I'm sure I would have given this a chance had I not read reviews. I hate when reviews influence me to not play a game.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Any legal drm free versions out there? If I'm gonna be hoarding this on a hard drive, I'd like it to be future-proofed as much as possible

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Thankyou OP - I just bought this as it's on my backlog to play. I am curious though and have to know - why? Why is this being pulled?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wha-huh? Why? I bought the PC version after giving up hope on a PS3 version and Xbox 360 BC but still!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what, why? I already own this, but...what. can't be because of a remaster since they can put that up without removing this

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I put in like 80 hours into this thibg, and still have no idea how I feel about it. Im pretty sure I don't like it, but there was something that kept me playing.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Remnant is an extremely interesting case, historically.
It's an early 2009 PC release, of a JRPG, by Square-Enix, that is actually a great port, and by far the best version of the game with several significant gameplay improvements.

Yeah, I played the PC version and beat it 2 times.
With how different it was to the 360 version it might as well be a different game.

like only being able to have 1 unique Unit in a squad.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I tried getting into this several times, but the combat and story kept getting too disengaging to continue with. So while I don't respect the game much personally, I do appreciate the improvements made for the PC port.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember anything in the game that would cause issues for SE keeping it on storefronts.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, guess I need to buy a Steam copy quick. Hopefully they do a last-minute sale.

I can't remember anything in the game that would cause issues for SE keeping it on storefronts.

They've done it with several of their mobile games like Crystal Defenders. There's seemingly no issue and yet they pull it after an arbitrary amount of time.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'd guess it's some kind of weird middleware license that they didn't think to license for longer and isn't worth the money to renew now.
Though I know absolutely nothing about middleware licensing deals, so who knows.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
for anyone playing now I'd recommend editing the config file to allow you to equip party members freely.
makes a big difference

It's only changing a line of FALSE to TRUE lol

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'd guess it's some kind of weird middleware license that they didn't think to license for longer and isn't worth the money to renew now.
Though I know absolutely nothing about middleware licensing deals, so who knows.
I had the thought that maybe their UE3 license was running out... but I never heard of anyone doing a game engine licensing deal which expires in that way. I don't think that makes any sense.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
How baffling and sad. I hope it gets some kind of proper PC re-release in the future.

Deleted member 30974

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
People who already bought it could re-download it every time they want?
Hope a remake is on the way. It's a great game with a superb OST