Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Illaoi is such a great choice.

illaoi-dev-banner-1-web-1920x1080-ttan-v01.png

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Lol this game is going to take over the entire scene.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Not surprising at all and (probably) a good decision, game will most likely be really big. Wonder when they'll talk about console versions.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone expect this game to not be F2P? The only Riot games that aren't F2P are the ones they just publish and aren't developed by them.

It's cool to see new footage but this video is kind of weird, particularly with Tom acknowledging Evo at the end. Almost feels like a consolation prize for them not being at the event.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
this is going to be so massive. really hope i can get a good network connection going.

even with fios, i'm not sold on online FG

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Yeah, no surprise at all really. But at least we have confirmation.

Real opportunity for this to be absolutely massive.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing. Of course it was obvious it will be F2P (since it is Riot game after all) but great nevertheless.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're only monetize skins, or if they'll do characters as well.
That's LoL's monetization scheme, and that game has way more characters than this game will ever have, so I have to imagine they'll go that route. Especially now that Multiversus is showing that it's a valid monetization scheme for fighters.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
The dude who only knows LoL/LoR through Arcane has logged on.

Show me Vi, you cowards.

(It looks dope! First time I am excited about a fighting game).

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I don't normally play big bodies, but Illaoi's my go to top lane pick, so there we go.

F2P is expected, but still good to be confirmed, especially after Multiversus launch success.

Last edited:

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Project L is going to dominate the scene.

NRS titles are going to be the only ones charging full price with enough content to justify it.

I guess Japanese fighting game publishers and developers are going to struggle big time for the next couple of years.(except Smash)

Good luck competing with WB and Riot deep pockets.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Aren't all their games f2p? As a non fighting games head I'm excited for this one

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I will pay a high price for the Arcane Vi and Caitlyn team up.

I will pay an even higher one if you draw them happy.

Jul 22, 2022

NRS titles are going to be the only ones charging full price with enough content to justify it.

I guess Japanese fighting game publishers and developers are going to struggle big time for the next couple of years.(except Smash)

Maybe it will make them move towards the modern era...But probably not.
But it will help those fighting games that are mainstream with F2P approach.

I wonder if MK might become F2P one day? Also curious how SF6 will fare against all of this. Smash will be fine probably.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, just realized that the guy playing on Hitbox in the video is Clockw0rk !

Or like Dark Prince would say, CLAKWERK

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Damn really excited for it! As someone who is having a lot of fun with multiversus, I'm glad this is free to play. Though I'm sure that's expected haha.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Wtf, this looks sick as fuck. I didn't care much about it when it was announced by after watching Arcane, I love the League of Legends universe.

I hope more fighting games start going F2P. It's the only way I'll check them out.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm all for the F2P Fighter agenda. The more that go F2P the better IMO. Love this.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I really wanna say this will be a kick in the arse to Japanese game publishers but who am I kidding. Still, I'm hopeful World Tour mode in SF6 is at least beefy enough for SP content.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not a shock at all considering all of Riot's games are F2P. I'm interested on when the expected release date is; sounds like they're not even close to an alpha build yet.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dev mentalities around this game seem good, shame everything about LoL is incredibly unappealing to me making it essentially worthless lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Not a shock at all considering all of Riot's games are F2P. I'm interested on when the expected release date is; sounds like they're not even close to an alpha build yet.

I think a late 2023 full release with a soft (open beta) launch close to the end of the summer or early fall.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope both this game and Multiversus finally move the baseline of what fighting game fans should expect out of these games. We've kind of moved into an era of rollback being a standard after a decade. Fighting games should be much more than they are, and these two games are out to prove it.

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
I'll be honest, fighting games aren't my cup of tea but the fact that this is F2P combined with how appealing the artstyle/aesthetic is, I might just bite the bullet.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
You know, one thing I feel like people haven't talked about is that there is a probably a high likely chance we will get some Single-Player content. Maybe not at launch but I can see it coming down the line. AFAIK they've done pretty well with Legends of Runeterra's SP offerings and have continued to expand on them over time. I can see them doing much the same here.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
F2P is good.
Release date is probably early 2024.
I think Riot don't want to release the game next year since SF6(also maybe NRS ) is coming out.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, just realized that the guy playing on Hitbox in the video is Clockw0rk !

Or like Dark Prince would say, CLAKWERK
pretty sure he was on the dev team for playstation all stars and battle for the grid, probably got recruited.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
F2P is good.
Release date is probably early 2024.
I think Riot don't want to release the game next year since SF6(also maybe NRS ) is coming out.
I don't think Riot is worried about either of those games, but I could see 2024 for sure.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Character speculation that I'm not sure many have guessed? While she isn't a champion, I could 100% see Sevika from Arcane being a fighter eventually. They've already experimented in Teamfight Tactics of adding a non-champion into the roster.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
People here have already decided Project L is going to be a success, but that's far from guaranteed. It's Riot, so I'm sure they know the F2P model and netcode. Everything else though? It's like every other fighting game dev is a moron and getting everything right is obvious. It's not. Characters, moves, fighting system, music, graphics, UI, all of this is important and it's damn hard to get everything right.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
People here have already decided Project L is going to be a success, but that's far from guaranteed. It's Riot, so I'm sure they know the F2P model and netcode. Everything else though? It's like every other fighting game dev is a moron and getting everything right is obvious. It's not. Characters, moves, fighting system, music, graphics, UI, all of this is important and it's damn hard to get everything right.
It's going to be a success just off the League IP and Riot knowing how to establish and maintain a competitive scene better than any devs in the industry.

It's hard to think of a bigger IP than League in the current landscape of gaming.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I don't see the likes of Bamco or Capcom releasing a F2P until one of the Japanese publisher really tries it.

This does make me wonder if F2P fighters really take off what ArcSys will do as from what I can tell making a bunch of costumes for their characters seems like a bitch with how they animate/make there characters.