• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

My heart.
EAH4q3fUwAEKFbC.jpg:orig

Also, does anyone know where the sunflowers in that promo art are from?

Nov 23, 2017
Well, the HAL/Iwata/Itoi/Sakurai connection is very strong of course.

The sunflowers are from
the part in Mother 3 where youre hallucinating seeing Hinawa again

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit Negative Man is going to be in character pack 4

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
*meanwhile, on a beach in the Bahamas*

BUTLER: "Your drink, sir."

*A fully dressed butler holds a silver platter with a coconut milkshake perched on it. A giant man reclining on a beach chair gently lifts a meaty paw to pick up the beverage. *

REGGIE: "Thank you, Sebastian."

*A messenger turtle ambles up the beach and stops in the sand at Reggie's feet. Puzzled, the retiree reaches over and picks up the turtle, flipping it over. Pinned to the bottom of its shell is a hand-scrawled note that reads: IT'S TIME.*

*Reggie closes his eyes. A thin sigh escapes his pursed lips. He reaches over to the other side of his beach chair, picking up a second turtle and flipping it over.*

*On the underside of its shell is a red button that says: UPLOAD MOTHER 3 TO THE eSHOP.*

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Also, does anyone know where the sunflowers in that promo art are from?
Someone in the Twitter thread pointed out that the clouds come from the Tortimer Island Animal Crossing stage. They are an exact match.

There aren't sunflowers on that stage though.

If I had to guess, it's just an image that some Nintendo employee quickly created to represent Mother 3, since there is no real official Mother 3 art to begin with?

Edit: Apparently, according to a post below, sunflowers actually can appear on that stage. So it's just that stage.

Last edited:

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Mother spirit event, but still no Porky spirit? Confirmed as part of the fighters pass, then!

Nice that they're doing something for the anniversary, but weird how we still don't have spirits for either Porky or Giygas, given how prominent they are.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Someone in the Twitter thread pointed out that the clouds come from the Tortimer Island Animal Crossing stage. They are an exact match.

If I had to guess, it's just an image that some Nintendo employee quickly created to represent Mother 3, since there is no real official Mother 3 art to begin with?

oh

well, it was fun while it lasted.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

At this point I might as well finish the translation patch...

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
What's weird is that they have two other Earthbound stages in the game: Onett and Fourside. Yet rather than use a screenshot from either of those, they just whipped up the sunflower scene in Mother 3.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Using the Animal Crossing island to mockup a Mother 3 sunflower scene is really weird. Still, cool to see some teeny tiny acknowledgement of Mother's anniversary.