• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OldGamer

Jul 6, 2019
I'm still patiently waiting for the Trails to Zero Geofront unofficial release. Then, after finishing Crossbell, I'll start Trails of Steel.

Heck, I don't even know if these Steel games are any good, but I'm still a sucker thanks to the Sky games.

I assume they're annoyed that they seem to be prioitising Switch over PC. I doubt that decision has much to do with Falcom though

Yeah, but....Legend of Heroes never really had a strong presence on PC despite the platform being Falcom's bread and butter since 2000. Sky is basically the exception. Ys has more of a presence in comparison.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
You can play cs1+2 before crossbell, i did and It was good. Cs and Ao spoil each others.
If you can wait It will be better because imho crossbell arc Is better than cs1+2 anyway

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
71uyxbxWdIL.jpg
719JYkZ63KL.jpg
71eYNcsEwZL.jpg
71EcIHcaWBL.jpg
7111Jg%2BDceL.jpg

Source.
looks talented

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if it was originally a Vita game but got canned for it just because I guess Falcom wanted to move on from it?

I mean as bad as Cold Steel III is graphically it's substantial leap over Cold Steel I and II that were Vita (and PS3) games. Those looked like PS2 games with HD resolution (and still ran like shit).

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
People already blast Falcom's PS3-4 offerings as being "dressed up PS2 gen games" so seeing them downgraded a bit should put them more in line with gamer's expectations, yeah?

Oct 26, 2017
What do you mean? Is the JP port different? Or is it just a normal practice to compress images in PR releases there

The screens were likely just badly compressed by Amazon JP. Another possibility is that they were 1920x1080 screens like above (but it's still rendering at 720p in-game), and Amazon just badly shrank them to 1280x720 while still applying their usual awful compression. Both together making the image look a lot worse than it's supposed to.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
You can play cs1+2 before crossbell, i did and It was good. Cs and Ao spoil each others.
If you can wait It will be better because imho crossbell arc Is better than cs1+2 anyway

I really want to play the Crossbell saga because from the screens I have seen the art looks amazing. Plus they mention Crossbell so much in this game it makes me feel like I am missing something. I might just have to find a way to jump into those games after I finish CS1.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Hopefully release date is revealed at pax.
I wonder how big the download size will be. Just to make sure i have enought space on switch (or i will have to buy more storage).
A shame no cross saves between switch and ps4 really but i expected it

Oct 26, 2017
By the by. Durante confirmed something extremely cool; while he is focusing on the PC version and Engine is focusing on the Switch version, they're sharing the same code base, AND that means some of Durante's work is benefitting the Switch version. One example given was that Durante's Asset Compressor is being used by Engine on Switch. That's so fucking cool! 😁 This is from his Reddit AMA.

Edit:

Last edited:

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
Way cool! Just started playing CS 1 and can't wait to catch up to play this! 😁 playing on PC is fine, but I cant wait to play portably on the switch. Glad it's getting good treatment as well with help from Durante.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I should really hunker down and try to finish CS2

I just wasn't digging some of the writing and characters going from Sky

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really should've played Cold Steel 2 on PS3 when I had the chance. I feel like I've dropped out of the series after the first game with no real way to get back to it without doing replaying the entirety of the first game.
Can you play this one without playing the others?
No.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Cs1&2 are also on PC and vita.
Like trails in the Sky 1+2. And on YouTube there are many video summeries.
On their kind these are the best jrpg out there.
If one tries and like them this a ongoing plot worth of many hours

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Wow. I'm so sorry for western players but I'm happy this wasn't the opposite with the japanese version later (as it was announced ??)

I have it already and would be quite disappointed to have to wait until July.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Played cs3 demo(1,7 gb size) on switch on portable. It Is really good. Feels good portable kiseki once again. Double dip hoping for cs4 release

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Appropriate release date if you ask me. 1 major jrpg a month until the summer suits me.