• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
I am towars the end of chapter 3 at the
At Summer festival right After gaius return
. Found the chapter a bit boring aside the intro early in the chapter and the fights i Just did.
Hopefully last day of the chapter will shine. Wonder if i am over mid point of the game

Last edited:

Trails

Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game last night. Gotta say this is my favourite Trails. My head is a mess after the ending and the wait for CS4 is going to be brutal.

Where to start...I always thought there needed to be more permanent consequences and by that I mean characters need to die. But when that finally happens I just cannot accept Olivert would be the one. Millium's case is not so bad because in the end she chose it herself. I'm sad of course but it was handled well. Olivert on the other hand is like the main character of Trails, like the counterpart to GrandMaster. The actions of Olivert are what steer the "good guys" much like the GrandMaster is at the helm of the "bad guys", although at this point my gut feeling tells me GrandMaster won't be evil. So I simply refuse to believe Olivert would be dead. How could Falcom kill a royal prince who is regardless of his status as down to earth as possible, gratuiously caring and loving and without a second thought willing to risk his life for others. Simply said there is a sort of purity in Oliverts character.

It was mentioned in Black Records I think, can't remember if it was Dreichels or not but it was said there was a prince who had given up on throne but after meeting a witch (Rosalia) he took action because the country was in chaos. Now this is exactly like Olivert's situation, he gave up the rights to throne, he doesn't want power, fame or any of that but in the end he is the chosen one. Olivert is the only one who can unite everyone and stop this madness.

Here's the thing, I've played these japanese games a long time and there's a popular trick devs like to use. Somewhere along the game, usually near the beginning, in a cutscene drop that quick innocent remark and act like it was nothing important. It was in Chapter 2, Olivert spoke to Lechter and said that he's watching closely what Osborne is doing and would step in if needed. He then said his wings have been cut off but he still has his ROSE. And that ROSE is what I'm betting on.

Olivert could have been talking about the elder witch but I believe this ROSE is in fact the 7th Divine Knight and Olivert or Mueller is the awakener. And that is how they will survive the explosion.

Or most likely it will be something completely different but one thing is certain, roses will bloom again. Believe

ps I don't want any confirmation if by miracle I got it even partly right

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, Tio Tot. I like that. A much better-sounding moniker than PeTiote.
Not sure if I can get used to Sanita, though.

It's certainly a trip seeing certain terms and names in Crossbell getting official localizations.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The last like 5 hours of the game was just the biggest chef's kiss, holy crap. That was 100% my shit lol

And while CSIII is definitely the most "complete" CS game, I think the second game is still my favorite. I really missed being able to travel around Erebonia freely. But wow, what a game.

Going through I-III this year has been a treat.

Oct 25, 2017
The last like 5 hours of the game was just the biggest chef's kiss, holy crap. That was 100% my shit lol

And while CSIII is definitely the most "complete" CS game, I think the second game is still my favorite. I really missed being able to travel around Erebonia freely. But wow, what a game.

Going through I-III this year has been a treat.

I think CS2 is my favourite as well.

I still prefer old class 7 over new, despite my really like Ash and Altina.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe cs4 will let us explore freely

Would be great, especially since it's the last one. Not a deal-breaker by any means but I would love just to instantly warp to different cities.

I think CS2 is my favourite as well.

I still prefer old class 7 over new, despite my really like Ash and Altina.

I did love new Class VII (honestly love most of the characters) but yeah I think old Class VII will always be tops.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Chapter 3 ending holy cow!!!
First was a fucking nothing or things already seen
duel with arianhood, usual experiment ending with a destroyed aion they care not to explain the reason and jeagers and crow(?) doing nothing.
and than wow
at George shooting Angelica. I sadly spoiled myself about him being chief of genomes or one of them but seeing It was really a surprise. Also final dialogue about phantasmal blaze and Twilight Plan clashing makes me courious
Well done falcom.
I just found a little underwhelming that
Aurelia was on par with arianhood since i always thought the radian blademaster was stronger than Aurelia and i tought Arianhood was behind only draichels and few people. In the end the strongest of ouroboros are not that strong lol. What about the jeager king than? Osborne? Cassius? Arios?

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
A few questions after finishing the game.

Why does Ourobouros suddenly work with Osborne? Weren't they fighting each other in CS2?
What does Osborne even gain in cursing the whole country? I don't understand the goal here.
What's really bothering me is the people that were allies, become enemies, then they feel for you again as friends, but they still fight you.
In my opinion Falcom doesn't know how to write antagonists.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Early chapter 4
Eerr George being bad guys feel like an asspull. Is there anything from previous 2 games that even hint at this? Angelica better not die...

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A few questions after finishing the game.

Why does Ourobouros suddenly work with Osborne? Weren't they fighting each other in CS2?
What does Osborne even gain in cursing the whole country? I don't understand the goal here.
What's really bothering me is the people that were allies, become enemies, then they feel for you again as friends, but they still fight you.
In my opinion Falcom doesn't know how to write antagonists.
Ouroboros will always align themselves with whoever results in going forward with their plans.
Imo the game is very implicit about it being a secenario where Vita's plan would yield the same results, but with far less dire consequences at a slower pace.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
They did announce CS3 in the context of the same even last January, if I remember correctly, so fingers crossed!

PAX 2020 is coming soon.

Hopes and wishes that we get some sort of CS4 confirmation.......

Please NISA. PLEASE.

If I remember correctly, they announced CS3 in the context of the same event last year, so fingers crossed!

Also

Some of the voice actors, including Sean Chiplock who voices Rean, have been talking about being busy with new projects recently.

Now in Swan Chiplock's case it could be many things, including Breath of the Wild 2, which would excite me just as much, but who knows. I think CSIV has a good chance. :)

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
Well, 90 hours later I finished CS3.

The cliffhanger is so nasty. The game just ends. I was so excited when all the awakeners started calling their divine knights and of course, Osborne has one too as I expected. It's awful how they mention the 7th one but It didn't showed up.

About the "deaths", I fully expect everyone to be alive. At this point, Falcom doesn't kill any relevant characters anymore, after Leon and Rufina. Also, Millium can't die, I don't want Jusis to be forever depressed.

But most of all, who the hell is Musse. Seriously, if she wasn't so thirsty for Rean, she could have been a really interesting character for me, she just knows too much but I can't take her seriously when she always tries to get in Rean's pants whenever she has a chance.

Ash was such a pleasant surprise. He and Altina are my favorite characters from the new Class VII. Kurt and Juna are fine too.

And poor Alisa. Her mom is awful and now her Dad is alive but he's such a piece of shit. Damn. Also Gaius being a Dominion now is so damn cool. I'm so happy for him. Hopefully this means he might appear in other arcs in the future.

And Falcom, why I have to wait to CS4 to use Randy?! I was so sad I coudn't used him with Tio : (

I could write a lot more about different stuff but I'll stop for now.

Anyway, fantastic game. Definitely much better than CS1/CS2. My favorite game with Ao so far. I'll definitely going to make a 2nd playthrough to get the platinum at some point next year.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019

The cliffhanger is so nasty. The game just ends. I was so excited when all the awakeners started calling their divine knights and of course, Osborne has one too as I expected. It's awful how they mention the 7th one but It didn't showed up.

About the "deaths", I fully expect everyone to be alive. At this point, Falcom doesn't kill any relevant characters anymore, after Leon and Rufina. Also, Millium can't die, I don't want Jusis to be forever depressed.

But most of all, who the hell is Musse. Seriously, if she wasn't so thirsty for Rean, she could have been a really interesting character for me, she just knows too much but I can't take her seriously when she always tries to get in Rean's pants whenever she has a chance.

Ash was such a pleasant surprise. He and Altina are my favorite characters from the new Class VII. Kurt and Juna are fine too.

And poor Alisa. Her mom is awful and now her Dad is alive but he's such a piece of shit. Damn. Also Gaius being a Dominion now is so damn cool. I'm so happy for him. Hopefully this means he might appear in other arcs in the future.

And Falcom, why I have to wait to CS4 to use Randy?! I was so sad I coudn't used him with Tio : (

Anyway, fantastic game. Definitely much better than CS1/CS2. My favorite game with Ao so far. I'll definitely going to make a 2nd playthrough to get the platinum at some point next year.
To be honest, I think it's likely Millium might be dead. As for Olivier, Toval and Victor Arseid... well, if it was just Victor, I'd believe it, but adding Olivier and Toval? That ain't happening.

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, they ain't dead. Like I've learned since cs1, I don't think anyone dies. Thats kind of a negative in my eyes. It saps all emotion when I see a character die because I know theyre alive. Its like with Dragonball z. A character "dies", but give it 10 episodes and they'll be back, so whats the point?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, they ain't dead. Like I've learned since cs1, I don't think anyone dies. Thats kind of a negative in my eyes. It saps all emotion when I see a character die because I know theyre alive. Its like with Dragonball z. A character "dies", but give it 10 episodes and they'll be back, so whats the point?
Yeah its a horrible trope that the series has, along with trying to make all antagonists sympathetic.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019

Yeah, it's one of the bad aspects about this games but not as bad as the harem stuff imo.

I mean, i'm more worried about Lammy, as it got wrecked in pieces than Millium being a sword lol. I know there's going to be a way of getting her human body back

Either way, great game.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah its a horrible trope that the series has, along with trying to make all antagonists sympathetic.
Yeah, it's one of the bad aspects about this games but not as bad as the harem stuff imo.

I mean, i'm more worried about Lammy, as it got wrecked in pieces than Millium being a sword lol. I know there's going to be a way of getting her human body back

Either way, great game.

The straw that broke the camels back was when Crow came back to life. The whole ending of 2 was emotional, and you can see how Crow redeemed himself. It was a powerful moment. Then in CS3, "Hey guys, I'm back! I lost my memories.........wait...........no yeah, I remember everything again. Its all good".

Its like, come on........

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The straw that broke the camels back was when Crow came back to life. The whole ending of 2 was emotional, and you can see how Crow redeemed himself. It was a powerful moment. Then in CS3, "Hey guys, I'm back! I lost my memories.........wait...........no yeah, I remember everything again. Its all good".

Haha, I'm glad this is one of those things I got spoiled on (or rather spoiled myself on) before CS3. Have yet to see it actually play out in the game (I'll likely uninstall the PS4 version and come back when the PC port is out), but if I did come across it blind, I could see myself dropping the game then and there and never coming back lmao. Could not agree more with Richardi's post.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I'm glad this is one of those things I got spoiled on (or rather spoiled myself on) before CS3. Have yet to see it actually play out in the game (I'll likely uninstall the PS4 version and come back when the PC port is out), but if I did come across it blind, I could see myself dropping the game then and there and never coming back lmao. Could not agree more with Richardi's post.
To be fair what you are referring to happens literally 10min before the end so we don't really how it will play out. That said the way the handle his character it's one of the worst parts of CS II and III.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

I was worried about this too (THANK FOR PUTTING HIM IN MEDIA FALCOM) but the whole scope of this going way beyond "hey it's ya boi back, rean" did it well. Like, just what the Gnomes are up to and capable of to bring back the dead. I'ts one of the series' strengths that take something that would be a 2 hour mission in the story of other games and going somewhere with it via its ramifications and expanding repurcussions of tech and magic and the like.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I didn't know where else to put this as none of the other Cold Steel threads are active atm. But.....I've been playing Cold Steel 1 (Which I'm fucking addicted to thank you very much) and I recently beat Trails in the Sky 1-2 and I have a question.....

Why the fuck do these games keep hanging on the main characters and their step siblings wanting to fuck? It's weird. It was the weirdest part of Sky and I just got through Chapter 4 in Cold Steel 1 and I see that Raen's sister is also madly in love with him.....what the hell gives with this? Is this some sort of weird anime trope I don't know about (I don't watch anime). It's kinda gross.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
So I didn't know where else to put this as none of the other Cold Steel threads are active atm. But.....I've been playing Cold Steel 1 (Which I'm fucking addicted to thank you very much) and I recently beat Trails in the Sky 1-2 and I have a question.....

Why the fuck do these games keep hanging on the main characters and their step siblings wanting to fuck? It's weird. It was the weirdest part of Sky and I just got through Chapter 4 in Cold Steel 1 and I see that Raen's sister is also madly in love with him.....what the hell gives with this? Is this some sort of weird anime trope I don't know about (I don't watch anime). It's kinda gross.
Well, I feel it works in Sky, since Estelle and Joshua were pretty old when he was adopted into the family, was treated seriously and developed across the games. For Cold Steel, Elise's crush is much weirder since they were both young when Rean was brought into the Schwarzer family. Helps that Elise's crush on Rean is mostly treated as a joke, Rean doesn't even realize she likes him in that way, but it is pretty distracting. If you're worried about the two Crossbel games also having a similar plot point, don't worry, Lloyd doesn't have a sibling.

And yeah, it is kind of a weird anime trope depending on what shows you're looking at, generally the more pandering ones.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Sky seems to get a free pass when it comes to anime tropes complaints but I'd point out it does also have 4 characters all being hot for Joshua

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Sky seems to get a free pass when it comes to anime tropes complaints but I'd point out it does also have 4 characters all being hot for Joshua
I can remember Estelle, Josette and Kloe having feelings for Joshua, but who was the fourth one? And, as for Sky getting a pass for some of its anime tropes, I'd honestly say it's because they're a lot more toned down or handled better, for example, Kloe did have feelings for Joshua but realized he only had eyes for Estelle and she talked it out with her and didn't keep hopelessly pining for him. Josette is a bit different in that she tries to playfully pursue him, but knows he loves Estelle and thus doesn't try to seriously attempt to take him away.

Last edited:

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017

estelle
Kloe
Josette
olivier?
Schera?

I mean it'sreally only kloe Josette and Estelle. Olivier just plays more into his shtick and personality.

Estelle and Joshua are wonderfully written, and kloe and Joshua also handle it well imo. None of the problems that harems seem to raise (where a character is just mindlessly in love with some dude to their development's detriment)

Josette yeah, I think you can argue she's kind of lacking for sure

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Cold Steel's biggest offense honestly is toning Olivier down, hes actually almost serious in most of his appearances in 1 and 2 unless I'm remembering wrong.. I know there's story reasons why he wouldn't be behaving the same as in Sky but still

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Cold Steel's biggest offense honestly is toning Olivier down, hes actually almost serious in most of his appearances in 1 and 2 unless I'm remembering wrong.. I know there's story reasons why he wouldn't be behaving the same as in Sky but still
He definitely shows off his silly streak when he's in more trusting company, but it's definitely a lot rarer to see due to his situation.

Oct 25, 2017
They also tend to hypersexualize the characters as well.

I mean, what they did to my poor Fie in CS2........

I immediately changed her costume even though it was terrible. I always saw her as the little kid character, so seeing her in 2 was like blehhhhh.

At the end of the day, the good FAR FAR outweighs the bad. Some stuff I am willing to look past.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, they were kinda forgetting someone there, even if the specifics there differ from Estelle and Elise (up to and including her not having the hots for him).
Am I?
Can't remember any moment where Lloyd or Cecil had any indications of romance.
Edit: Whoops, just processed the part in paranthesis, sorry about that. But yeah, I still wouldn't call Cecil a sibling, never really consider in-laws when it comes to that type of stuff, especially not official inlaws since her fiancee died before they wed.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
I like how "This is bad..." is the first thing Crow says after regaining his memories.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, this might be my GOTY this year.

Was expecting to be blown away this year by something, but I wasn't, thats why its sadly.

Everything had me a little disappointed. CS3 is great, so I'm giving it my GOTY points.

Finalow

Oct 28, 2017
not gonna lie, I started this game and I intend to finish it but I still haven't played the crossbell duology. I know I should etc., I know also what more or less happens, and I'll play them, at some point. if there's a JRPG series I still give 2 shits about it's this one, probably the only one at this point.

anyways I spent all my mira in chapter 1 to dye Rean's hair red and IT WAS FUC*** WORTH IT

gotta look good for when the games reveals that you the grandmaster

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Wow
infernal Castle was a really long dungeon
Now after It i had to stop playing so payoff was Little. Hopefully
the Summer festival Will be interesting and not like the concert if cs1 lol

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
started this on Monday after finising the Crossbell arc, only finished the prologue and a little bit of chapter 1. Will dig in towmorrow after I have the next two day off; impression

Man the game really throug alot at you in just the beggining! right off the ba you meet Tita and Agate; my man Randolph is a teacher and Altina is a student!?!?!? WHAT!!?!?! man they really are bringing the whole series together!

I'm acutally surprised Randy is walking about; I guess he and the others at least have some good will after saving crossbell which made it east for Erabonia o take over...I'm already spoiled that Tio will also make an appearance so looking forward to that!(hopefully llyod and Ellie as well)

just encountered Shirely as well! she looks hella different though; Ouroboros is making teir presence early I guess, I wonder what er fater tinks of this; I guess Ouroboros are able to move freely so she can be bot a Jeager and a member or Red Constellation got swallowed up by the Ouroboros,

Made as far as the boss with the spiders where some mysterious person just gave me a new order,

for cast impressions as of chapter 1: full JRPG/anime trope madness!

Juna: starts off you're average Tsundrea girl, BUT her connection to Crossbell makes her backstory potentially interesting. Instantly put the Llyod Banning costume on her...the other costumes are....well....yeah.....

Kurt: Your serious brooding pretty boy; BUT it is curious why he's here and not at the main Thors Academy given his families backround.

Altina: Emotionless and smart but doesn't know how to human; definitely a wild card here. She's has to be there for some reason; loved here interaction with a certain someone :p I do hope they get together at some point

Ash: your tough guy/bad boy wit a bone to pick with Rean/Erabonian goverment

Musse: Well...looks like she's a flirt.....

Randy: Sounds exactly how I thought he would.

Agate: lost some of is scruff in is voice; i guess the original VA was out of the question

Tita: she sounds okay.

whelp! looking forward to were this journey takes me! then the long wait for CS4 and the new Trails game.