• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Xseed managed to get CSII out in less than a year so I'd be pretty damn disappointed if Nisa couldn't manage the same.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
If we operate on the assumption that they bought the publishing rights as a package deal so they got to work on it right away once CS3 was finished, then I am pretty sure we will get it this time next year. Anything much later would be a little detrimental to the sales considering... You know.. PS5.

That is if we operate on that assumption. I do think there is a good chance it was a packaged deal, but I also think there is a chance just as big that they want to test the waters with CS3 first (from a business pov that makes more sense. So if it was a packaged deal it's either cause falcom wouldn't sell the rights other than as a package or the money they paid for each game was significantly lower in a package than a standalone).

Either way I hope the assumptions are right. I haven't finished CS3 yet, still on field exercise day 1 in chapter 3 (my speed has reduced to a crawl at this point), but I am dreading the day that the wait begins for me.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Major Michael's concept art is all infinitely cooler than his final design.

latest

latest

latest

Instead we get Generic McGenericson over here

latest
that"s kinda recurrent with designs for CS3 imo, Roselia has more interesting sketches too

but then you gaius who looks like a literal lumberjack

Just beat the game. What was that.

It's heartless not to release IV next year.

Anyone know if they fixed the broken stuff on IV? Like Breaking and Lightspeed Flash stunlocking
CSIV is just as, if not more broken than 3
Yeah it does, I already played the Japanese version. It's still very long since it's a Kiseki game but 3 is longer.
in hours it is shorter yes but you have a lot more free roaming which potentially inflated the script because of useless npc dialogue
shame we don't have a script count of 4 yet

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
It would be crazy if by the time IV was localized we'd be caught up to the Japanese releases for a little bit.

Crossbell games aside...

Yeah, Falcom 2019 release was YS IX (they usually keep the pace of 1 game per year + 1 spinoff if we're lucky)
But i think they already are showing the next Trails game (dont search it if you're avoiding spoilers) so it will be probably released in the next year.

Yet, just one game behind is excellent if we remember this series story here in the west.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
It would be crazy if by the time IV was localized we'd be caught up to the Japanese releases for a little bit.

Crossbell games aside...

In their financial report this morning they announced that the next Trails game will be out before the end of September 2020, so we'll still be one behind even if IV is out this time next year.

Oct 25, 2017
End of Chapter 3.
So my theory about George was correct. Angie better be okay, or I'm going to be really pissed.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Chapter 1 question
roselia gave me an order but i cannot find It in the Battle menù, did i understand It wrong?

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 1 question
roselia gave me an order but i cannot find It in the Battle menù, did i understand It wrong?

For whatever reason the name when you unlock them is different than what they're actually called in the menu. It's initially called Kagura, but I think it's called Divine Wind in the actual menu.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So i think i'm at the penultimate dungeon at the chapter 4 day 2 :

Dark dragon nest

How many hours after that? Wonder if i can finish it today or not (i plan to restart playing at 1 pm)

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
In their financial report this morning they announced that the next Trails game will be out before the end of September 2020, so we'll still be one behind even if IV is out this time next year.

They don't say it's a brand new game, it might just just be Crossbell PS4 ports for Japan

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017

Dark dragon nest

How many hours after that? Wonder if i can finish it today or not (i plan to restart playing at 1 pm)

Without actually having any clue cause I am still on chapter 3, based on my experience with the series I'd wager a guess and say you're not finishing it today. I thought I was about finished with CS2 and then there was 15 hours of epilogue. And that is without that last dungeon that I just turbo-moded through fighting nothing but the bosses.

They don't say it's a brand new game, it might just just be Crossbell PS4 ports for Japan

Have they not? Granted I only read an article in German so it was obviously a translation and could be wrong, but they said it'd be new game in Sep 2020 PLUS PS4 ports for existing titles (without specifying which ones, obviously not any CS ones tho).

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017

Dark dragon nest

It depends on how much you enjoy talking to NPCs as what you have left is very dialogue heavy, but you still have the second half of chapter 4 left to play and the entirety of chapter 5 (which is fairly brief). According to my saves, it took me 15 hours from where you are to my clear save.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It depends on how much you enjoy talking to NPCs as what you have left is very dialogue heavy, but you still have the second half of chapter 4 left to play and the entirety of chapter 5 (which is fairly brief). According to my saves, it took me 15 hours from where you are to my clear save.

yeah i always speak to everyone, guess i'm gonna finish it sunday then!

Thanks

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Without actually having any clue cause I am still on chapter 3, based on my experience with the series I'd wager a guess and say you're not finishing it today. I thought I was about finished with CS2 and then there was 15 hours of epilogue. And that is without that last dungeon that I just turbo-moded through fighting nothing but the bosses.

Have they not? Granted I only read an article in German so it was obviously a translation and could be wrong, but they said it'd be new game in Sep 2020 PLUS PS4 ports for existing titles (without specifying which ones, obviously not any CS ones tho).

If it's not ports the it's presumably that final game before Calvard arc that they talked about before, the one that was supposed to wrap up all the loose ends, unless they abandoned that idea

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
If CS3 was the easiest game of the bunch so far, then IV will be a cakewalk.
I'm near the end of CS4's chapter 1, so
Are those breaking game options appear later? because so far most of my current brave orders and MQ's effect get a big nerf comparing to CS3.
Just being curious, as I like how AP battle for Rutger and Cedric being turn limited were kinda challenging and fulfilling them was very rewarding for me

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm gonna start this today, but can someone link me to a well written plot summery for Cold Steel 1 and 2? It's been a few years since I played them and I want a refresher before I start

(Does the game have a plot refresher at the start?)

I've googled online but I can only seem to find really vague plot summaries

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
I'm gonna start this today, but can someone link me to a well written plot summery for Cold Steel 1 and 2? It's been a few years since I played them and I want a refresher before I start

(Does the game have a plot refresher at the start?)

I've googled online but I can only seem to find really vague plot summaries
The game itself has a refresher for both Cold Steel games in the section Backstory, fairly indepth, going through the events chapter by chapter.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why, but it really made me laugh when

When Millium calls Jusis "Mr. Fancy Haircut" lol

Toddv360

Oct 27, 2017
How long is chapter 4 compared to the first 3? Is the final chapter the shortest? I'm about 70 hours in without missing any ap points.

edit: I'm hoping to finish before Pokémon releases.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm in Chapter 2 doing a side-quest that requires unique dishes. I have made exactly 2 by complete accident but have run out of ingredients for dishes I haven't made a unique variant of and now money without creating a third (I only have 4 recipes total) any tips on getting this?

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Chapter 2 doing a side-quest that requires unique dishes. I have made exactly 2 by complete accident but have run out of ingredients for dishes I haven't made a unique variant of and now money without creating a third (I only have 4 recipes total) any tips on getting this?
Use the money trick of making the potato dish with yuna and selling it then buying more ingideients for it and selling them. Once you build up to do 99 at a time you're earning over 2000 mira profit per run and it doesn't take more than 15 seconds. Will allow you to buy the ingredients you need and extra for storage.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
If the next game is basically going to be the Skies 3rd setup but with the whole cast from Erebonia then I can't wait for that game.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I would love to see CSIVs localization hit us at the end of 2020 but even if it does........

......Falcom's feed today stated they have the next Kiseki game slated for release at end of 2020 in JP. Which means no breaks for Western groups to potentially officially catch up and localize the Zero/Ao ones.

Regardless, no stopping this train, get in.

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
Finished the game a few hours ago clocking 106 hours total (little use of turbo mode tho). This tweet summarizes perfectly how i feel during the ending. That feeling when you finish such a great game. I'm broken, angry, empty... can't even start Death Strading; i've been listening to the OST for a while (Spiral of Erebos and One-Way to the Netherworld play on another league, amazing tracks, love the comfy feeling of Radiant Heimdallr too). The cliffhanger is beyond evil btw, can't even believe Falcom did this...

Hell of a game, probably my second favourite in the series after Ao and slightly above SC.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
When The Nameless One went crazy and attacked Rean in Valimar and you heard him screaming with the engines blaring is one of the only times I've felt real danger/concern for a character in a Trails game.

And it only escalated from there.

I REALLY hope IV doesn't take the milquetoast approach to the "end of the world" thing they had going on at the end there. The Civil War felt like all the important stuff happened off screen... again, except for the ending.

But man. What an ending. Still thinking about it.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Finished chapter 4, I'll probably be able to finish tomorrow if chapter 5 is as short as I've heard, should be interesting.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Meanwhile I am still running around in chapter 3 and am at this point definitely not finishing in time for Pokémon. But I don't think I mind much, I can start Pokémon a week late or alternate between this and it (it being on Switch allows me to play it when CSIII isn't even on the table, so decision making will be easy). The longer I take the shorter the wait until CSIV, which will be torture judging just by the reactions to the ending I am seeing here.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Finally started playing again. Only in chapter 2 free day. I actually did not see
Josette appearing during the side quest, actually took me by surprise and it was cute. I basically forgot she existed.

edit: damn Cedric really turned into a piece of shit

Last edited:

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it
Hated how everyfuckingone is a turn coat, hated that Aurelia is beneath everything, hated that cliffhanger, hated that somehow the chancellor turns out to be stronger than everyone.
Also is Musse the grandmaster or i'm just off the mark? at least I think she is the missing awakener.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it
Hated how everyfuckingone is a turn coat, hated that Aurelia is beneath everything, hated that cliffhanger, hated that somehow the chancellor turns out to be stronger than everyone.
Also is Musse the grandmaster or i'm just off the mark? at least I think she is the missing awakener.
About Musse:

You're off the mark.