• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Found the
Mcfirebro/Lance Maiden harder than Black Dragon, granted that was because his annoying 200 hp spell and not having anyone with heal in the party, easily bypassed by switching all mandated 3 members at the start of the fight, but it took me some retries before it dawned on me.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I'm not happy about how Chapter 3 ended:

Feels like Arianrhod and stalritter got nerfed and feel it would have made more sense and been appropriate if they had won at the end because effectively the end result is still the same and they would still come off as powerful, now there's this lopsided story power levels thing where the other Enforcers seem more powerful because none of them have actually lost to our heroes. Even though the everyone treats Arianrhod and stalritter as if they are nigh invincible. I mean nobody has beaten McBurn, lady Ogre or the Fool yet.

Like they've been building this lady up for how many games now and one fight after you meet her you beat her and her minions and quite easily at that.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century

Feels like Arianrhod and stalritter got nerfed and feel it would have made more sense and been appropriate if they had won at the end because effectively the end result is still the same and they would still come off as powerful, now there's this lopsided story power levels thing where the other Enforcers seem more powerful because none of them have actually lost to our heroes. Even though the everyone treats Arianrhod and stalritter as if they are nigh invincible. I mean nobody has beaten McBurn, lady Ogre or the Fool yet.

Like they've been building this lady up for how many games now and one fight after you meet her you beat her and her minions and quite easily at that.
You also have Aurelia in your party for that one. Arianrhod is one of the strongest Ouroboros members we know of next to Loewe and McBurn, way more so than Campanella or Shirley. I think it was meant to show that Rean and co. finally stand with the big leagues and fight alongside them and don't need them jumping in to save them anymore.

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's not so much that the Stahlritter are nerfed, but more like Aurelia is really, really strong. Aurelia would easily nuke Lady Ogre and the Fool(ish Dipshit), and her own lieutenant was able to hold out quite comfortably against McBurn.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's not so much that the Stahlritter are nerfed, but more like Aurelia is really, really strong. Aurelia would easily nuke Lady Ogre and the Fool(ish Dipshit), and her own lieutenant was able to hold out quite comfortably against McBurn.
You also have Aurelia in your party for that one. Arianrhod is one of the strongest Ouroboros members we know of next to Loewe and McBurn, way more so than Campanella or Shirley. I think it was meant to show that Rean and co. finally stand with the big leagues and fight alongside them and don't need them jumping in to save them anymore.
I think part of my problem is that we have seen so little of Arianrhod compared to like McBurn so her losing so quickly after finally being introduced to the cast is a huge let down.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
I really need to finish this game cause not being able to read all those spoilers is starting to bother me lol. I'm on the last day (or what feels like it's the last day) of Chapter 3 now tho so I expect to finish at least that tonight.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope going forward (and I'm assuming CS4 is the same way), Falcom stops these half voiced cutscenes. Either have it fully voiced or not at all. Idk, it just irks me how there's one or two characters who are voiced while the rest aren't, and let's not even begin with the one on ones with Rean where he's voiceless.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I hate those everyone else voiced but Rean so much.

Or those weird ones where the NPC is voiced for like 2-4 lines in a conversation and then isn't voiced for the rest of it. Happens a lot with the students.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate those everyone else voiced but Rean so much.

Or those weird ones where the NPC is voiced for like 2-4 lines in a conversation and then isn't voiced for the rest of it. Happens a lot with the students.
Me too, it's really noticable compared to the CS1 and 2, especially after the PC releases.

A voice acting cast this good can't come cheap though.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference between Freddy Special D and Freddy Special Z? It has the same ingame description...

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Since I'm finished CS3, I'm curious to know what the save transfer bonus is for CS4? Like, what kind of levels do you need? I remember CS1 to CS2 having three tiers depending on your level.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Okay so I finished Chapter 3 and...

images

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Okay what the hell. What. The hell.

I was right about Musse, but that leads to the most important question: WHERE DOES SHE HIDE ALL THAT HAIR?????"

Okay kidding ofc, though that is also a legit question I have. There is clearly something going on with Gaius too, though I might have an idea what that is thanks to the Kiseki Wiki spoiling me a little.

But George??? And he would shoot Angelica like that in cold blood? (I don't actually think he did cause of the cut off, but the fact that he would attempt...if he really did then wow, color me surprised they would do this).

And that Professor we kept running into during our field exercises was suspicious from the start (that was clearly him). TitS should have taught us to never trust wandering professors who always somehow happen to be at the right place at the right time.

But damn man. I need to go to sleep now, it is one hour past my usual bed time, but damn.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Can't record past this point
Cool looks like shit's about to go down
I wasn't expecting that at all wtf

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I finished Chapter 3 and...

images

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Okay what the hell. What. The hell.

I was right about Musse, but that leads to the most important question: WHERE DOES SHE HIDE ALL THAT HAIR?????"

Okay kidding ofc, though that is also a legit question I have. There is clearly something going on with Gaius too, though I might have an idea what that is thanks to the Kiseki Wiki spoiling me a little.

But George??? And he would shoot Angelica like that in cold blood? (I don't actually think he did cause of the cut off, but the fact that he would attempt...if he really did then wow, color me surprised they would do this).

And that Professor we kept running into during our field exercises was suspicious from the start (that was clearly him). TitS should have taught us to never trust wandering professors who always somehow happen to be at the right place at the right time.

But damn man. I need to go to sleep now, it is one hour past my usual bed time, but damn.
She probably wears a wig for formal occasions. Klaudia/Kloe did the same in the Sky games IIRC

Oct 25, 2017
Geez, I just made a complete joke of the Chapter 4 keep boss and didn't even let it get a single attack in. Chrono Burst + Arts Celebration is a ridiculous combo.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
I was thinking Gaius [endgame spoiler] probably hitched a ride on Thomas' merkabah (if he has one) and that's how he reached the island.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
I've never wanted to be a bird this much in my whole life

idk man, he'd just be hanging on with one hand and he probably damn heavy. That being said, carrying or no I would love to be Zeo. I can be with Gaius and get pets and all from him and I can fly, always wanted to be able to do that. Life can't get much better than that.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
He probably inherited Merkabah from his teacher too.
EDIT: actually this will be noted in CS4

Last edited:

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Gonna finally play the Sky and Crossbell game's before CS4. I'm gonna have time now that my father is getting a heart transplant in early 2020.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Okay before I start playing again... I thought a little about what happened up till now and what that could mean...
[

So from where we stand right now...

The Gnomes are bad (seeing how they seem to be the most ruthless organization here at play, judging by how they would just kill Angelica for knowing too much).

The witches are good (Emma and Celine are obviously, but judging from what we saw and the Black Records also, Roselia seems to be the witch that guided Dreichels to his Divine Knight and all).

These two are somehow fated to clash or something and then end of the world something something? And Ouroboros is trying to stop it with their Phantasmal Blaze plan or whatever. But they are working on a ends justify the means basis so they're in a Grey area?

Now where does the Septian Church stand in all this? And why would Osborne wanna hijack that plan? And what does that even mean, how does one steal a plan? I mean sure you can still the idea and copy it, but it's a copy, it won't prevent the original party from carrying the plan out as well, seriously HOW DOES ONE STEAL A PLAN???

And finally, how does Rean's power play into all this cause from the Black Records I got the feeling Dreichels was suffering from something similar.

Hm. SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT I ALREADY KNOW FALCOM AIN'T GONNA GIVE ME ANY ANSWERS BEFORE THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAME AND WHEN THEY DO, THEY WILL JUST RAISE NEW QUESTIONS AARGH.

/SPOILER]

OK back to playing.

EDIT: Every time Rean comes out of the Faculty Office on a new chapter I read my new Black Records and Arcus Messages first and EVERY TIME when I close the pop up window I am staring right into Major Michael's face who just... Glares at me from one inch away. It's kinda creepy lol

Last edited:

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I read a couple of the black records and aren't they supposed to be written a long time ago since they contain the true history of the empire? Then why does Black Records 6 mention the Orbal shutdown phenomenon?

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017

Great, now people can stop complaining. Lol (Sorry, I just get salty when people harp on about some trivial stuff like a missing costume dlc, that was paid in Japan anyways so it's not like u are getting less content for ur money, when the game is otherwise amazing and it shouldn't really matter. Thankfully, it's a very specific group of people and I haven't seen any of that here.)

That said, I wonder what made them decide to add it after all.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
Great, now people can stop complaining. Lol (Sorry, I just get salty when people harp on about some trivial stuff like a missing costume dlc, that was paid in Japan anyways so it's not like u are getting less content for ur money, when the game is otherwise amazing and it shouldn't really matter. Thankfully, it's a very specific group of people and I haven't seen any of that here.)

Well...

*sigh* gamers.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
She probably wears a wig for formal occasions. Klaudia/Kloe did the same in the Sky games IIRC
Considering how fussy she gets when they ask her about her frills, she is probably wearing a wig when acting as Musse, or misses her long hair, will know in CSIV I guess...
OH, that makes sense.... Wonder why it would be necessary at all tho. Lol
She said explicitly that she used to wear a wig while she attended St. Astrea's. That's long-hair Mildine that Elise and Alfin knew.

Last edited:

Jake

Oct 28, 2017
Beat the game yesterday, and cannot wait until part 4. Very evil of falcom to stop where they did.This is very big spoilers, but I couldn't believe
Crow coming back
really shocked me when it came. Also the ending
When he got his memory back
was a really cool moment. I might end up going through the first cold steel game soon, because after playing the third game it
Really makes you want to go back because of what happens in part 3
Inredible series.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need more costumes for this game and not bikini, I hate bikini or any game/lore/setting inappropriate outfits. I already bought all of the casual outfits, do they transfer to Cold Steel 4?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So for those of you who have finished the game, what are your thoughts on
The curse of erebonia. Personally I don't like it. It feels like a cheap writing convenience and I feel like it undercuts some of the major stuff that's been done in the series history like Hamel if they were caused by a curse leading to people acting worse than they would under normal circumstances and not just people being capable of doing incredibly shitty things under certain circumstances without needing a supernatural force to guide them there

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
OK GUYS I'm at Chapter 2 in
Crossbell
. Don't look at this if you're not at Chapter 3 yet, don't want to risk ruining things for you but ...

I squealed like crazy when I used the computer to speak with Tio, and then the cutscene starts and you hear the good old OLIVIER LUTE JINGLE and then it's fucking Olivert dressed like Olivier, again going at it pretending to be Olivier Lenheim! Oh man I'm so pumped. I wasn't expecting him to join the party!!!!! First Agate, now Olivier. Man, I'm sooooo glad I went through all the Sky series. And I'll make sure to get through the Crossbell arc in the buffer time between 3 and Cold Steel 4's localization.

Going back into it NOW

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

i played the game at launch and somehow missed any of these complaints. i guess that's a win for me

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Well...

*sigh* gamers.

When your name is "OneAngryGamer" then that already speaks for itself. Some people don't get the notion that hobbies should be enjoyed. Lol

Also "Boner Prevention". Wow that is sad.

i played the game at launch and somehow missed any of these complaints. i guess that's a win for me

Trust me, it is. I should have missed it too, really, but YouTube kept recommending me videos of people complaining about it like someone took away their basic human rights lol