• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Well just finished the game

Spoilered random thoughts

* I was spoiled on Millium dying quite a while ago, though the only thing I knew is that it happened and not why or how, so I couldn't even be sure it was a real spoiler, but as soon as they revealed why Millium and Altina were created everything kind of fell into place so I was expecting that sword (heh, sword...) to drop all throughout the finale, and it did. RIP Millium, you were too blue and hungry for this world.
* Cedric deserves to be pile drived, nailed to a stake and then fed to Cerberus while the entire nation watches. Osborne too but we already kinda knew that.
* Olivier, Toval, and Victor being toast seems likely though you can never be sure with anime, but I'm totally sticking to the "No body" rule for Angelica until proven otherwise. It's not like death has been little more than a slap on the wrist in this arc to this point. Well, unless you turn into a sword then you're definitely screwed.
* Game became hilariously easy after the halfway mark, Brave Orders are just incredibly overpowered and it was actually a lot of fun experimenting with which Brave Order/party combinations can do the most ridiculous amounts of damage before the bosses even get a turn
* I honestly have no idea where the fourth game even goes from here. Hearing how some of the JP players have responded to it poorly makes me a bit apprehensive as I can totally see realistically how the fourth game could turn out to be a total dud after the craziness they built up in the finale, but I'll remain optimistic for the time being.
* Not gonna lie, Alisa suddenly teleporting in an ORBAL GEAH at the last minute after that fight was the hypest part of the final chapter, talk about throwing a curveball.
* STOP
* LAUGHING
* DEAR
* GOD (Teehee)
* Did I mention Cedric can eat a dick? Maybe strangle him with Testarossa's glorious hair(?), that'll teach him a thing or two

CS4 when?
Cedric, the chancellor and the ironbloods are huge pieces of shit. Fuck those guys

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finished this yesterday. I think I liked it even more than the previous CS games, so yeah, I loved it.

However, there are some things I'm not a big fan of.
  • While I think this one's better paced than the previous two, I still think that it could be better paced. Like, I feel like the plot didn't advance much during the
    first three chapters. Then it seemed like it started to gradually move forward during the fourth chapter and then they put a huge lore dump in the last chapter.
  • Rean's harem. Holy shit, why the hell is this even a thing??? It's so obvious that Alisa is the canon girl.
    Out of the three romance options, Alisa is the one who gets a kiss. I would't even count Emma's as a romantic scene.
  • Fourth chapter's dungeon was a damn slug. Fuck that dungeon
    I hate it when they force me to use all the damn characters
  • The structure of the chapters is way too repetitive. Personally speaking, I don't care much about what happens during the campus segments.
The game probably has the hypest moments and the worst (or is it the best???) cliffhanger in the trails series, and, the best of it all
in the important moments we didn't get a "huh, you're better than expected, but I was only using like 3% of my power. Now I'll proceed to kick your asses before some random character (who isn't even supposed to be that strong) comes to save you."

I was trying to go for the plat, but it seems I missed some chests and battle notes and that's a pain the ass, so I won't bother with it.

Anyway, can't wait for CS IV!!!

At the very least now it only happens with the new class VII members, so there's that.

Even if it was on screen, it seems like everyone gets revived lol

On the harem.

I feel ya and do did JP players. They were annoyed with how they were play too much on the fence with giving Alisa extra but still giving choices. They Kondo said he preferred Alisa but didn't want to take away player choice here, but still did it like this in cs3. It was either commit to Alisa or open the gates for CS4. We'll see how that goes

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
On the harem.

I feel ya and do did JP players. They were annoyed with how they were play too much on the fence with giving Alisa extra but still giving choices. They Kondo said he preferred Alisa but didn't want to take away player choice here, but still did it like this in cs3. It was either commit to Alisa or open the gates for CS4. We'll see how that goes
I wish they would just commit to it. If Rean were a blank slate (like the MCs from Persona games) that'd make sense, but this isn't the case.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Also I am so fucking mad at certain characters after ending sequence.

Ironbloods or not, Lechter and Claire were REALLY fucking okay with end of the world plan? A giant evil cocoon appears and you are "sure, okay"? I am not forgiving any fuck for siding with Osborne after this, Crow might get a pass since he was not really himself, although I am not sure what was he trying to pull at the end (was he trying to save Black or trying to subdue Rean).

Anyway!
Fuck Sharon
Fuck Claire
Fuck Lechter
Fuck Rufus
SUPER Fuck George
ULTIMATE Fuck Cedric

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would just commit to it. If Rean were a blank slate (like the MCs from Persona games) that'd make sense, but this isn't the case.
They did the same with Lloyd. They make it seem like Ellie was the one despite choices, but even in recent media its still "oh the lloyd, that babyface scamp and all the girls that like him, but he too dense"

Just Rean has much more in number

I mean I don't mind the choice, but don't then try to ignore it especially in the exact same game, giving the one I didn't choose special treatment

But they aren't gonna truly commit to one at this point. They started CS like this, it will end like it. Crossbell and CS were released when harem tropes was an all time high. Truly don't expect it regardless of character gender next arc

On other topics. Ya'll in for a ride in CS4. Just see how they string EVERYTHING together

Last edited:

Niks

Oct 25, 2017

Ironbloods or not, Lechter and Claire were REALLY fucking okay with end of the world plan? A giant evil cocoon appears and you are "sure, okay"? I am not forgiving any fuck for siding with Osborne after this, Crow might get a pass since he was not really himself, although I am not sure what was he trying to pull at the end (was he trying to save Black or trying to subdue Rean).

Anyway!
Fuck Sharon
Fuck Claire
Fuck Lechter
Fuck Rufus
SUPER Fuck George
ULTIMATE Fuck Cedric

Sharon gets a pass, since she was well, with Ouroboros before.
But the rest are irredeemable for me.... specially Rufus and Cedric

No amount of backpedaling or plot shenanigans in CS4 will convince me.

Oct 25, 2017

Anyway!
Fuck Sharon
Fuck Claire
Fuck Lechter
Fuck Rufus
SUPER Fuck George
ULTIMATE Fuck Cedric

I'm willing to give Claire a pass depending on how things go in IV, but fuck Cedric forever. I hate him even more than Osborne.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
So basically Cedric okayed for his father to get shot, bombing his big brother's ship and was gonna kill Altina with his bare hands to unleash the apocalypse just so that he can get his own mech... Little shit might be worse than Osborne.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Sharon gets a pass, since she was well, with Ouroboros before.
But the rest are irredeemable for me.... specially Rufus and Cedric

No amount of backpedaling or plot shenanigans in CS4 will convince me.

If Rean goes all "It's no worries Your Highness, I am not worthy to shake your hand!" again, I will get angry. Seriously the whole way through Cedric was being a dick, and Rean was all "Oh but it's alright, he's a Prince!" Fuck off, he gets special treatment because he's the Prince, it's clear as day. He's getting fucking carried by Neidhardt, yeah sure tell your students that they can still beat him but don't act like they're taking crazy pills because they think the Prince is a dick. I hope Kurt kicks his ass in 4.

Glad I'm not the only one in the "they're irredeemable" category. "He's really charismatic and he was nice to me when no one else was" excuse can only carry you so long. If they're alright with the current plan, they can go to hell.

Effective villains though, I'm still angry and it's been days since I completed the game!

Regarding the romances :

In games like these, I prefer the game to just set me a romance partner and let it be part of the story. It worked very well in Trails in the Sky and I think Rean/Alisa as a romance is really good and could be fleshed out even more if they just commited to it. But as it stands now they give you a semblance of choice, even though the romance with Alisa is still always on no matter what you do. As a player, I'll just take the character that's the most attractive to me (in my case it's Sara), but as someone pointed out earlier, Rean isn't a blank slate. So it feels weird to choose things like that. Although I've said it before but the way that they laugh at the whole harem thing in 3 really amused me, it lead to really funny scenes and comments from characters. The best payoff to this IMO was the scene in the bath with all the girls and LeGuin arriving. This scene really made me laugh.

And all the times with Juna being appalled, Kurt being ashamed and Altina being straight savage with some of her remarks was great. "Scandalous".

Just give me 4.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Once again ending spoilers.
I am surprised how I cannot get over about
Jusis breaking composure when Millium died, it genuinely made me sad.

I don't care what kind of justification or plot backpedalling CSIV does, I am not forgiving anyone and I hope we get to kill most of Osborne's pawns. There are some things you do not get to live down from.

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
CS3 ending spoiler + Zero ending spoiler The Osborne cult is arguably worse than the DG cult, so I can already imagine how stupid CS4 will be if most of the people involved somehow manages to survive or escape imprisonment.

At least I hope Cedric gets strangled to death

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Once again ending spoilers.
I am surprised how I cannot get over about
Jusis breaking composure when Millium died, it genuinely made me sad.

I don't care what kind of justification or plot backpedalling CSIV does, I am not forgiving anyone and I hope we get to kill most of Osborne's pawns. There are some things you do not get to live down from.
Of course they had to
kill the only one that doesn't really ends up in Rean's harem... ffs

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CS3 ending spoiler + Zero ending spoiler The Osborne cult is arguably worse than the DG cult, so I can already imagine how stupid CS4 will be if most of the people involved somehow manages to survive or escape imprisonment.

At least I hope Cedric gets strangled to death

The fact everyone hates Cedric gives me life. Such an asshole. Not as much as Rufus though. God damn fuck that guy

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
it should be illegal to end the game at a such cliffhanger. Hopefully by some miracle Cold Steel IV will be localized by next summer instead of late fall. Also fuck
Cedric.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Just finished Chapter 4 and I just

tenor.gif

Okay I had my theories, including there being something supernatural involved, like a curse I guess, but I always thought that was what's up with Rean... Then Ash just shows up out of left field like "YA THOUGHT BITCH". Also what kind of voodoo did Osborne do to plant his heart into Rean, a grown-ass man's heart into a child at that, and how did he live through it? How did that lead to Rean's... Powers? Does the change in the Chancellor's personality have to do with the lack of a heart or something? Someone! Explain!

Also it's plain obvious Osborne and Rufus (not sure who else in the Intelligence Division was in on it, Lechter I guess? I don't think Millium and Altina were, not sure about Claire) wanted this whole thing to happen. They planted the Calvardian gun where Ash could find it, then Osborne would tell Ash to shoot him but also reveal he wouldn't die, so the Emperor would offer himself... So now they can sell people the idea Ash was a Calvardian spy who killed the emperor and WOW GUESS WHAT WE GOTTA WAGE WAR ON CALVARD

I hope Osborne that Lil bitch knows this is basically Hamel 2.0, but whatever.

Damn tho. Damn.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... Was Cedric in on it too? The hell is wrong with that kid if he was???

I heard Chapter 5 is short by comparison, and with the way things are going the cliffhanger gets even more daunting to think of.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna reiterate while we're on the subject

CS3 Ending spoilers:

That little shit Cedric needs to get murdered hard, preferably with that badass sword Millium turned into just for poetic justice. Or feeding him to Cerberus like I said before, that will still be acceptable

Screw that prick.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Finally beat it. Took about 82 hours total.
Enjoyed the ending, but I was super surprised that
we didn't have Estelle or Joshua make a last minute appearance. Like I really thought the game would end with them swooping in.
Did anyone else think that would happen?

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
we didn't have Estelle or Joshua make a last minute appearance. Like I really thought the game would end with them swooping in.
Nah, didn't think it would, with the way the game referred to
them and Schera. I suspected they hadn't made any models for them with how they kept talking about them without really showing anything substantial, plus, if they were to swoop in, I imagine Falcom would have set up them finally being able to get into Erebonia's borders with at least a vague line of "We got reinforcements coming). I was pretty disappointed when I realized in chapter 2 that they didn't have a model for Lloyd (and a good chunk of the other SSS members), since they kept them constantly offscreen the whole time, and Lloyd's final appearance being 2D drawings.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Nah, didn't think it would, with the way the game referred to
them and Schera. I suspected they hadn't made any models for them with how they kept talking about them without really showing anything substantial, plus, if they were to swoop in, I imagine Falcom would have set up them finally being able to get into Erebonia's borders with at least a vague line of "We got reinforcements coming). I was pretty disappointed when I realized in chapter 2 that they didn't have a model for Lloyd (and a good chunk of the other SSS members), since they kept them constantly offscreen the whole time, and Lloyd's final appearance being 2D drawings.

That's true, if they had models made for them, they would've been seen at some point previously

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Reading this threads last few pages I see most of you are starting to pick up on Cold Steels story problems both with Rean, the events revolving around the world in general, and always a laugh to read about the harem comments. When even Japan of all places say its too much, its too fucking much.

I imported my copy of IV and plan on starting it probably around January. Can't wait too see what fucking devilry this series ends on.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this threads last few pages I see most of you are starting to pick up on Cold Steels story problems both with Rean, the events revolving around the world in general, and always a laugh to read about the harem comments. When even Japan of all places say its too much, its too fucking much.

I imported my copy of IV and plan on starting it probably around January. Can't wait too see what fucking devilry this series ends on.

tbf a decent amount of CS's problems are repeating problems that existed before. Of course it adds new and doubles down on some things. But when an arc has 4 long games to it, they become much more noticeable

we'll see how next arc goes. But its Kondo.never know what you might get

But I feel you. the CS games are still my favorite. But I can pick its problems out still

Last edited:

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tumblr_p4xzkmRSDd1smwl44o1_400.png

legend has it the wig landed somewhere in the Ark of Recluse
them not appearing was explained quite clearly
not being allowed into erebonia which was the reason Tita went instead
but then you have characters like
Lloyd and Scherazard
who clearly where not in the game because they did not have models ready in time.

Some of the earliest screenshots for 4 actually 'revealed' a lot of returning characters that people already expected in 3.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got distracted by Pokemon for a minute but I think I'm nearing the end of Chapter 4 now. I have a worrying sense of dread.

Dark Dragon's house sure felt like a final dungeon. Something tells me they're all celebrating too soon and that was the least of their problems though. :(

I like how Gaius is still holding out on me and refused to reveal his s-craft against a literal calamity that could've destroyed Heimdallr or possibly all of Erebonia. He's really milking his secret plot relevance. Just what power could he be hiding... and is it the source of his sudden hotness? I can't wait to find out.

Why was Copper Georg Nome McFakeBastard using some secret jutsu to sneak onboard the Courageous tho... I don't like this. Make him stop.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
You thought Brave Steel was good? Wait till you hear Burning Throb. Cold Steel battle music gets better by the game.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
So I think I don't have long to go to the end and just...

I just entered the Gral of Erebos. I will start making my way through a little today, but I will need to head to bed soon and I won't be home for another 3 days after work tomorrow, so I guess I will finish on Sunday. As for the lore and plot dump that just happened... Where do I even begin?

Okay, we know what the Phantasmal Blaze Plan is now. Great. So they want to bring about the Great Twilight which will end the world. Care to explain WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO END THE WORLD??? Newsflash: It kills everyone, them included, that's what end of the world means. So... We know what they wanna do now, but we don't know why.

CALLED THE GNOME BOSS BEING ALISA'S DAD, CALLED IT!!! (They didn't make it too hard though.) I mean George was an open secret, but I did not expect him to have a combat shell tethered as well. Does that mean he is an OZ too or...?

I gave up on Rufus long ago, and Cedric seems to fall into the same camp as him. Lechter I don't think is a bad guy, but he does seem to care about literally nothing (well, not literally, but only very few things and people really). Sometimes it feels like everything is just a fun gamble to him so I am not surprised with him at all.

I am however utterly disappointed in Claire, Sharon and Millium. I have at least some faith Millium is just playing an angle and gonna turn on them in the right moment, because she did seem genuinely concerned when Rean last talked to her. And especially after that speech she gave in Chapter 4 about Class VII this would be a pretty low blow from her. However I don't think Claire and Sharon are gonna turn around or anything, which begs the question why they would go along with something like this (heck, even Vita turned against Ourobouros for this one, so why???). Especially Sharon, given how much freedom Enforcers are supposed to have one must assume she decided this for herself. I mean even if it is out of loyalty to Franz Reinford or whatever the dude calls himself now, and out of loyalty towards the Chancellor for Claire (and Millium if she ends up sticking with them). .. Unless there is a reason to this we don't know about, that isn't being loyal, that is being dumb.

But then again I am pretty sure the Main Campus Students don't know any details but just do this cause Cedric told them to. I get being loyal to the royal family and all but this is just stupidity at that point. Think for yourselves a little man!!! I know this is a military academy, but if Trump says to push the red button to launch a nuclear bomb, what will a decent human being choose to do? Hint: Just don't do it and quit your job at the White House instead of you have to. This makes me so angry, they can't be that dumb lol.

Anyways, they have talked about them coming back alive so often now that I am positive not all of them will, or at least not at first.

Also halfway through this chapter we totally forgot about Ash.

Oh and I wasn't surprised by Gaius because that part was what the Kiseki Wiki spoiled for me (I was reading up on Stigmas and there was a list of Stigmas and one said "Gaius Worzel's Stigma" and I was like "wait what when...? Oh it must be 3 or 4...great" so yeah).

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got distracted by Pokemon for a minute but I think I'm nearing the end of Chapter 4 now. I have a worrying sense of dread.

Dark Dragon's house sure felt like a final dungeon. Something tells me they're all celebrating too soon and that was the least of their problems though. :(

I like how Gaius is still holding out on me and refused to reveal his s-craft against a literal calamity that could've destroyed Heimdallr or possibly all of Erebonia. He's really milking his secret plot relevance. Just what power could he be hiding... and is it the source of his sudden hotness? I can't wait to find out.

Why was Copper Georg Nome McFakeBastard using some secret jutsu to sneak onboard the Courageous tho... I don't like this. Make him stop.
Just finished this part of Chapter 4, and that's exactly what I told myself about Gaius.
As a result, my B team was an absolute B team. Fuck him for holding out.
Then again, we should have whipped out Valimar from the start.

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game just a few minutes ago.

Woooo, what a ride.

CS1: 85 hours
CS2: 70 hours
CS3: 110 hours

Overall, an awesome game. Still some performance chugging on a PS4 pro, usually when there are lots of NPC's on screen. Mainly near the end of the game.

But yeah, I know there is no answer, but does anyone have an inkling when CS4 will be localized? I don't know much about Cold Steel in NA, I literally got into this series only a few months ago. Are we expecting a long wait?

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017

Woooo, what a ride.

Overall, an awesome game. Still some performance chugging on a PS4 pro, usually when there are lots of NPC's on screen. Mainly near the end of the game.

But yeah, I know there is no answer, but does anyone have an inkling when CS4 will be localized? I don't know much about Cold Steel in NA, I literally got into this series only a few months ago. Are we expecting a long wait?

There is nothing official on this but people are suspecting a release around next year this time. If that happens we are probably getting an announcement early next year like with this one.

However keep in mind there has been no official word on this. But seeing how this game is actually a two-parter, most people seem to think the developers wouldn't license them out separately from each other.

If they haven't already acquired the license together with CS3 though, then it may all depend on sales of this one and also take longer.

Alas there has been I think 3-4 years between this and CS2's western release, it can't get much harder than that.

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing official on this but people are suspecting a release around next year this time. If that happens we are probably getting an announcement early next year like with this one.

However keep in mind there has been no official word on this. But seeing how this game is actually a two-parter, most people seem to think the developers wouldn't license them out separately from each other.

If they haven't already acquired the license together with CS3 though, then it may all depend on sales of this one and also take longer.

Alas there has been I think 3-4 years between this and CS2's western release, it can't get much harder than that.

Oooof.

I dont think I could wait 4 years for CS4. I know the franchise is still mainly a Japanese one, but it would be nice if Falcom could work with NIS and maybe launch the games relatively close to each other? Not sure if that is feasible.
Obviously there is a fuck ton of text so it does take a while I'm guessing, but maybe they could work with them from the ground level when the games are being made?

Dunno, just pulling shit out of my ass honestly. I just played CS1, 2, and 3 back to back. Whats that term when you are so invested in a series and it just ends, and you are kinda depressed?
Because thats me right now, lol. Cold Steel was my nightly ritual. Come home, and play CS for a few hours. I just love the series and characters and everything about it. The plot twists, the returning characters, the bonds with each other. Just everything.

I even made a thread about how to get into the series.
www.resetera.com

LTTP: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2. Newcomers: Should you play this game? FAQ Inside. *NO Spoilers in here at all*

So yeah, literally just finished Cold Steel 2 last night and I have to say..........I feel empty inside now lol. Empty in a good way because I genuinely loved the world and characters and playing this game was my nightly routine after work. I'm not going to sit here and tell you the writing was...

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

Woooo, what a ride.

It will be localized around the same time next year as this one was, probably. Even XSEED managed to released CS 1 and 2 a year apart from each other, I can't see NISA taking longer.

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
Oooof.

I dont think I could wait 4 years for CS4. I know the franchise is still mainly a Japanese one, but it would be nice if Falcom could work with NIS and maybe launch the games relatively close to each other? Not sure if that is feasible.
Obviously there is a fuck ton of text so it does take a while I'm guessing, but maybe they could work with them from the ground level when the games are being made?

Dunno, just pulling shit out of my ass honestly. I just played CS1, 2, and 3 back to back. Whats that term when you are so invested in a series and it just ends, and you are kinda depressed?
Because thats me right now, lol. Cold Steel was my nightly ritual. Come home, and play CS for a few hours. I just love the series and characters and everything about it. The plot twists, the returning characters, the bonds with each other. Just everything.

I even made a thread about how to get into the series.
www.resetera.com

LTTP: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2. Newcomers: Should you play this game? FAQ Inside. *NO Spoilers in here at all*

So yeah, literally just finished Cold Steel 2 last night and I have to say..........I feel empty inside now lol. Empty in a good way because I genuinely loved the world and characters and playing this game was my nightly routine after work. I'm not going to sit here and tell you the writing was...

I think it's called post-game-depression. XD

Oh, but it only took longer between CS1/2 because a) the development actually took longer in Japan as well (I think there were three years between CS2 and 3 in Japan too, 2 was in 2014 and 3 in 2017). Meanwhile CS4 released a year after 3 in Japan so.... So if NISA is dedicated to localizing CS4, which they very well might be, then getting it within a year or a year and a half isn't unrealistic at all. There is only an issue if they for some reason (mostly economic) thought only localizing 3 would be a good business decision.

So I wouldn't worry too much right now. We can still do that later if there is no announcement by spring of next year.

Also, kudos on that thread.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
This one was really weird. I get that there were hints here and there, but he looks nothing like the man in Alisa's flashbacks. Though I guess he was maybe undercover or something.

Cold Steel was my nightly ritual. Come home, and play CS for a few hours.
Guess I wasn't the only one lol. These games are sooo good.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This one was really weird. I get that there were hints here and there, but he looks nothing like the man in Alisa's flashbacks. Though I guess he was maybe undercover or something.

Some people play Destiny. COD. Fortnite.
We play Trails of Cold Steel lol.

Anyways, what I thought about this game. Hugh spoilers. Dont click. Just a series of completely random ass thoughts.

Like I mentioned above, excellent game. I did have some gripes though.

-Cycling through your quartz sucks so much ass. Especially if its green because its right there in the middle. Pain in the ass to get to. And the more you get, the more you scroll. Wish I could sort by colour. Sorting by R and N or whatever is completely pointless for me. Colour is much more useful.

-As much as I love all the playable characters, the constant switching out between characters got really fucking tiresome. Ok, forcing me to use these characters is fine. But man, gotta go to equip screen, take best equipment off a character, put it on this person. Now build a good quartz build for them, taking off good quartz off someone else and putting it on them. Then when they leave, remembering what build I had before. Especially the last dungeon when new and old class 7 were combined, and some were mandatory. Ughhh...........

-Unable to revive downed characters who were swapped out automatically.............Just why??????

-Good job balancing s-crafts. Abused the shit out of them in cs1 and 2. And I do like orders, but Reans order where its 50% damage reduction feels broken lol. I mean, 50%? That is massive, and it is essentially free.

-I'm not sure I liked this class as much as old class 7. Maybe because there are more of old class 7 so I clicked with more of them? But I'm not a fan of Kurt. Juna is ok. Ash I REALLY like. He's A+. Altina I like too. Musse was ok but her love shtick got old very very fast.

-Does anyone die in this series? I wish this series had a little more consequence to it. No one dies. Pulling a fakeout once is ok. Like with Osborne. But then Crow comes back and I'm like..........come on now. Then Alisas father........When Toval Arseid and Olivert "died" I just kinda rolled my eyes. The game taught me that they'll be fine, and they probably will be. Dunno, just what I got from it. Maybe I'm wrong.

-I feel like the original music in this one was quite a bit weaker. Nothing really stood out except the Leeves town music. That one I really liked.

-That weird jpg cut out of Llyod and the blademaster and kea when leaving Crossbell was fucking weird lol. It's like they found some art somewhere and just slapped it into the background. Probably didn't want to create a 3d model.

-This one will probably never get "fixed", but the animations. Still very very stiff. Doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, just a time and budget issue which I understand. But it still sticks out like a sore thumb when I see it.

-This game BARELY answered any questions, but just threw a whole fuck ton more. We have vampires now???

-Randy, Patrick, and Oliverts faces are weird. I've said this before on here, and after 110 hours, I stand by it. These 3 faces........every time I see them, they just look wrong. It's either their eyes are sunken in, or there is some weird spacing.........or something.

-i Love Tio's voice. Same with Tita. "I'll Help!" or "Y-yesss!!!". Mint on the other hand is literally ear poison.

-And screw the opening movies for these games. I have regretted it every time. This time, they spoiled Crow coming back and being a bad guy. Something that doesn't happen for like 40 hours.
-

Having said all that, beautiful game like usual. It's gonna be hard saying bye to all these characters after CS4.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Nah there's just a discrepancy in the reused images and his model

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the next Kiseki arc with those two facing away(upper left)?
Best case it's Calvard arc so the memes can end.

latest