• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
I'm not sure if I want to buy this now or wait for all the 3 games to hit this year and binge them all in a row.

At release, people in Japan used to think CS3 was the end of the story arc. Then they got to the end, realized that Falcom managed to end it in a cliffhanger more spiteful than the one at the end of CS1 and promptly got out their Kondo-shaped voodoo dolls en masse again.

So yeah, can binge CS1 and CS2, as long as you're confident in your ability not to get burned out. CS2 doesn't end on a cliffhanger. CS3 does.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
just beat Zero. What an ending....tears were shed...

Starting AO now. I see a lot of people like AO more than Zero, but I tend to disagree with a lot of people on what's considered good, so lets see just how good it is, because Zero was fantastic.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fucked up and forgot to use a battle scope on
Alisa
during one of the practical exams. No platinum for me I guess! Serves me right for not having multiple save files.

I beat the game on my Vita a long time ago, so it's great playing through once again. Nightmare difficulty has certainly been interesting so far, though not a huge deal since Machias breaks the game.
I don't think you can actually get a platinum on a single playthrough since one requires all master quarts, and there's one part where you have to choose one of 2 for a given playthrough

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

Starting AO now. I see a lot of people like AO more than Zero, but I tend to disagree with a lot of people on what's considered good, so lets see just how good it is, because Zero was fantastic.
Ao is a lot better, possibly the best in the series.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 4 hours so far, i'm actualy impress by the setting and the story so far, WAY less anime then i thought (shining resonance was simply horrible on that department). Nightmare mode is perfect difficulty so far, better stay that way during all the course of the game. Great game so far !

Oct 25, 2017

Do you speak Japanese? Or is there a way for us English speakers to experience these games?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Do you speak Japanese? Or is there a way for us English speakers to experience these games?

There are fan-patches, but the Zero one is a pre-editing leak so until the editing process is finished (hopefully this summer) playing it involves tuning out a fair amount of overly-literal phrasing and occasional gibberish if you start talking to NPC's.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018

Played the translation. It's really not as bad as people make it out. Yeah there's spelling errors and stuff but it didn't prevent me from enjoying the characters and story. Who knows when that final translation will come out.

Oct 25, 2017
Played the translation. It's really not as bad as people make it out. Yeah there's spelling errors and stuff but it didn't prevent me from enjoying the characters and story. Who knows when that final translation will come out.

That might be something I have to do after I play through the Rereleases of CSI&II.

Is it on PC?

Erpy

May 31, 2018

Presumably in a few months. They're clearly aiming to have it done before CS3 comes out.

Nov 15, 2017
Zerker updates his twitter name to reflect the part of the game he's currently editing and it's been on the same small area for the past couple months meaning there hasn't been any forward progress. I would actually be surprised if it comes out before CS3 at this point. Even if it does, it's going to be cutting it pretty close.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the middle of Chapter 3 and can't stop playing. Lol... it's 1 in the morning and I have to be up early to run errands. This game and characters are really enjoyable.

I can't believe I've never given this series a try before and to think I pick this up on a whim.
I finished Chapter 3 last night, and I feel exactly the same.

It's been a long time since I've been so thoroughly absorbed in a game's story. And the combat system in this game is utterly sublime, I love it.

I found out last night that Millium and Aloy (Horizon) are voiced by the same person. Holy shit, Ashly Burch has crazy range.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just made it to Chapter 4 Free Day.

I had a question about the Trails of Cold Steel 2 collectors edition.

Does it come with a soundtrack like the first one does? I have GameStop credit to burn through and want the Second game.

Edit: What's the deal with the GameStop app having imthe collectors edition for pre order with no product details and have a pre own price despite the fact it releases on May 7th?

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh jeez Cold Steel 2 comes out so soon? Been blazing through the game and just got to Chapter 6, its been a while since a game engaged me this much and I just spend all my free time on it. I just finished SC and will head into 3rd, hopefully can knock out 3rd before CS2 releases.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Digging the gameplay improvements from Zero to Ao. You can tell AO was the game that came before CS1. On chapter 2 right now.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Made it to the
trade conference
in AO. Pretty cool knowing what happens at this exact time in CS1 and getting a different perspective on it.

Deleted member 26768

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just made it to Chapter 4 Free Day.

I had a question about the Trails of Cold Steel 2 collectors edition.

Does it come with a soundtrack like the first one does? I have GameStop credit to burn through and want the Second game.

Edit: What's the deal with the GameStop app having imthe collectors edition for pre order with no product details and have a pre own price despite the fact it releases on May 7th?
The CS2 LE contains the following;

• Physical copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II on PS4
  • Ouroboros Emblem Pin
  • Musical Selections CD containing 23 full-length tracks
  • SteelBook® case featuring only artwork, with a separate outer package design

Oct 28, 2017
Oh jeez Cold Steel 2 comes out so soon? Been blazing through the game and just got to Chapter 6, its been a while since a game engaged me this much and I just spend all my free time on it. I just finished SC and will head into 3rd, hopefully can knock out 3rd before CS2 releases.
May 7th is still just a placeholder date for the moment so you still might have time.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to the field trip of chapter 4. Killed some enemies in those underground areas for some Mira and now Laura/Fie got themselves some nice up to date and upgraded weaponry. I missed the powerhouse Laura. <3

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The CS2 LE contains the following;

• Physical copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II on PS4
  • Ouroboros Emblem Pin
  • Musical Selections CD containing 23 full-length tracks
  • SteelBook® case featuring only artwork, with a separate outer package design

Nice.. I'm going to preorder it later today. I can't wait until I play my way up to the Trails of Cold Steel made for the PS4. The first game is charming giving me those PS2 era vibes.

I'm debating if I want that Fire Emblem Seasons of War Edition.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Well chapter 2 of AO has to be the best early chapter of any trails game I've played thus far. Wild ride already. If it continues it probably will end up being better than Zero at the end.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some time this quarter.

Cold Steel 3 is planned for this Fall/Autumn.

I went yesterday to GameStop to preorder it and the employee was saying it's been May 7th for awhile. They've been trying to push preorder for Cold Steel 2. I ended up preordering The Collectors Edition and the early access Edition for for Cold Steel 3.

I... Need them Soundtracks.

Last edited:

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to the field trip of chapter 4. Killed some enemies in those underground areas for some Mira and now Laura/Fie got themselves some nice up to date and upgraded weaponry. I missed the powerhouse Laura. <3

I never had any need to do it until a particular fight in the second game on hard, but if you set Laura up right you can literally one shot bosses with her

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what build is this? I'm hesitant of searching online myself because people are brazen with story spoilers
Generally speaking you just put a lot of strength quartz, etc. on Laura and have her use her 200CP S-Craft after buffs, but specifically there's a mid-late game quartz that's pretty useful.
The Domination Quartz doubles the character's damage output for their first attack. Notably, this doesn't include buffs or anything, so you can set Laura up with her craft that increases her attack power by 50%, have Alisa or someone restore her CP, and then use her S-Craft. A lot of bosses can be one shot by this strategy, the only real problem is when you have multiple fights in a row, or Laura isn't in the party. And even then you can still do less effective versions of this strategy with other characters in combination with other buffs, or with Zeram items to restore your CP.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking you just put a lot of strength quartz, etc. on Laura and have her use her 200CP S-Craft after buffs, but specifically there's a mid-late game quartz that's pretty useful.
The Domination Quartz doubles the character's damage output for their first attack. Notably, this doesn't include buffs or anything, so you can set Laura up with her craft that increases her attack power by 50%, have Alisa or someone restore her CP, and then use her S-Craft. A lot of bosses can be one shot by this strategy, the only real problem is when you have multiple fights in a row, or Laura isn't in the party. And even then you can still do less effective versions of this strategy with other characters in combination with other buffs, or with Zeram items to restore your CP.

Thanks! Laura always struck me as a miniature Hulk but I haven't figured out a good build for her or Rean.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the fun "max out the moebius master quartz and pump your entire team full of attack boost items + zeram capsule OTK" strat

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Just completed chapter
in AO....

WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

My body was not ready for all that fuckery. I did not think the ending of CS1 could be topped, especially from a psp game with it's limitations but yeah.....wow.....I have questions I need to ask the vets who have beaten all the games so far once I complete this one. Goodness.....and to think most westerners won't even experience the **** that goes on in these two games....criminal...

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed chapter
in AO....

WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

My body was not ready for all that fuckery. I did not think the ending of CS1 could be topped, especially from a psp game with it's limitations but yeah.....wow.....I have questions I need to ask the vets who have beaten all the games so far once I complete this one. Goodness.....and to think most westerners won't even experience the **** that goes on in these two games....criminal...
I told you it gets better :) Glad you're enjoying the game, it really is something special. And 100% agreed on the "criminal" part about people missing out on this gem of a game.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Just beat AO, and man....I'm so emotionally drained. It was indeed better than Zero, and I'm gonna have to say that zero/ao is now my favorite arc so far. Pretty bummed that it only has two games, but I hear CS3 is like a melting pot of stuff from all the arcs so willfully when that comes out later this year there will be returning cast (Please don't say if they return or not). They straight up spoil CS2 at the very end lol. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to returning to Erebonia in CS2 next month and see how the fuckery unfolds in that. Can't wait!

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Question for vets.

In Zero we see
Joachim
power up and change
appearance with the white hair, red eyes taking the medicine
. In CS1
Raen
does something similar. Is this explained in later CS games or is there really no connection? I've only completed CS1 last month.

Also I saw on Amazon that the release date for CS2 on Amazon changed from the 7th to the 28th. So it looks like we have our release date even if they didn't officially announce it yet.

Deleted member 26768

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Question for vets.

In Zero we see
Joachim
power up and change
. In CS1
Raen
does something similar. Is this explained in later CS games or is there really no connection? I've only completed CS1 last month.

Also I saw on Amazon that the release date for CS2 on Amazon changed from the 7th to the 28th. So it looks like we have our release date even if they didn't officially announce it yet.
it isn't really explained from what i recall, though there is room for theorisation related to Sen IV.
Regarding release date i won't take anything unless XSEED tweets it out, they really need to get this shit figured out because it keeps being a big issue with their releases.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Question for vets.

In Zero we see
Joachim
power up and change
. In CS1
Raen

Same with GS, date changed. Best Buy still has the 7th date.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I'm the UK so no Special Edition for us and I made th mistake of ordering a US copy from Amazon.com. It arrived squashed in bubble wrap because they didn't put it in a box. Lesson learned, I'll be ordering CS2 from VG+. The steelbook is gorgeous and a ful colour manual is a nice bonus.

Clocian

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Went ahead and bought CS2 on steam. Couldn't wait lol. Wasn't sure if my laptop could run it as I'm a noob to PC gaming, but it works just fine. Kinda sucks I couldn't import my PS4 CS data though...

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just over 81 hours and in what I'm thinking is the final dungeon which I'm hoping it's not.

I love this game and have 2 and 3 physical collectors and early adaptor editions pre ordered and paid off.

With that said...

I'm gonna be pissed if I'm really at the end of the game and won't be able to see the fruits of my labor I've been building for the past week. I'm hoping my frustrations are a design choice and not because I didn't play the game the way it was intended to be played. I'll voice those frustrations after I watch the credits roll.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just over 81 hours and in what I'm thinking is the final dungeon which I'm hoping it's not.

I love this game and have 2 and 3 physical collectors and early adaptor editions pre ordered and paid off.

With that said...

I'm gonna be pissed if I'm really at the end of the game and won't be able to see the fruits of my labor I've been building for the past week. I'm hoping my frustrations are a design choice and not because I didn't play the game the way it was intended to be played. I'll voice those frustrations after I watch the credits roll.

You'll know you're in the final dungeon when you hear the amazing music, I won't spoil anything but it's not the end of the game though...

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll know you're in the final dungeon when you hear the amazing music, I won't spoil anything but it's not the end of the game though...

This is really really encouraging. Though this whole soundtrack has had nothing but amazing music. We'll see. My disabled ass would envision myself doing a back flip if I'm just at the halfway point. I love deep long JRPG's.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where in the game are you?

6 month mark. I just beat the 7th floor of the old school. There's a mech now. I was supposed to go back and talk to George but I'm taking a break.

Roughly how far am I? I personally hope I'm just at the halfway point because I don't want it to end.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
6 month mark. I just beat the 7th floor of the old school. There's a mech now. I was supposed to go back and talk to George but I'm taking a break.

Roughly how far am I? I personally hope I'm just at the halfway point because I don't want it to end.
I'm afraid I've got some bad news...