• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC

Beauty.
DhzxvfgVMAAaDvH

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this yuga clan infiltration bullshit. This game CLEARLY wasn't designed for any kind of stealth.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I liked trying to ninja my way into a rival ninja base except that I could nearly never get a good view to truly see what the nearby Yiga were doing and thereby not screw up. It's just a long, frustrating struggle with the camera.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Just bought this sans DLC and am excited about sharing my journeys here, but NOT about encountering spoilers. Should I just stay out for now? lol

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Just bought this sans DLC and am excited about sharing my journeys here, but NOT about encountering spoilers. Should I just stay out for now? lol
This is def a game where everyone has a different path / play style. I would just personally experience it 100% on my own. Maybe look up some cooking recipes, etc....but most of this game should be found through self-discovery imo.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Has this happened to anyone else,

Basically, I was in a cutscene in Zelda, that strangely wasn't too long, anyway, during the cutscene my Switch ( in portable mode) screen turns off requiring me to press the power button to wake it up. I think it goes into sleep mode.

Weird. Never had this happen before. I thought it was a bug.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a general guide I can follow? I fucking suck at this game, I keep wandering in parts I'm not supposed too and I keep getting killed. I'm only at the beginning, I just got the quest to get the 12 memories and now I'm not sure where to go without being crushed by 10 enemies at the same time.

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
Is there a general guide I can follow? I fucking suck at this game, I keep wandering in parts I'm not supposed too and I keep getting killed. I'm only at the beginning, I just got the quest to get the 12 memories and now I'm not sure where to go without being crushed by 10 enemies at the same time.
Master Mode or regular mode? Guides and tactics will differ greatly based on that.

My general advice is...just play the game. Go to where your interest takes you. Avoid fights you're not equipped for and come back once you have better gear. Complete as many shrines as you can find. You can use these to increase either your stamina or health (hearts). Buuttttt......if you want to go where the game tries to hint to where you need to go.... you should head to the NE part of the map towards the Zora region (it's past Kakariko). That will get ya going. The other huge suggestion is to find your first Great Fairy Fountain if you haven't. That will give you a HUGE boost if dying is the thing that's frustrating you. Let me know if you want any hints on a fountain location (everything is better in this game when you find it yourself).

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Throw bananas and those dudes will freak out for them. Then get the stealth kill :)

All you have to do is shoot the sticks holding up the little banana balconies. They're set up by every guard.

I did, and when i tried to get the sneak hits the game just didn't connect them, i was sent to the side activating the alarm, or dealing them as normal hits, or whatever. I just said fuck it and sneak past them to the treasure room.

As an update, i have the 4 beasts and the master sword so now i'm wondering around before going against Ganon, clocking 50 hours.

Lynel fights have been definitely the most interesting and challenging encounters.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
Master Mode or regular mode? Guides and tactics will differ greatly based on that.

My general advice is...just play the game. Go to where your interest takes you. Avoid fights you're not equipped for and come back once you have better gear. Complete as many shrines as you can find. You can use these to increase either your stamina or health (hearts). Buuttttt......if you want to go where the game tries to hint to where you need to go.... you should head to the NE part of the map towards the Zora region (it's past Kakariko). That will get ya going. The other huge suggestion is to find your first Great Fairy Fountain if you haven't. That will give you a HUGE boost if dying is the thing that's frustrating you. Let me know if you want any hints on a fountain location (everything is better in this game when you find it yourself).
I'm playing on regular mode. And yeah I think your advice to just keep playing is the best. This morning I was getting killed left and right and when I came back to it later things got a bit better... especially when it's not raining! I'll keep going in blind and will look up for stuff if I get stuck along the way.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Returned to my game from a pretty long absence and completed, which I thought was the easiest, The Divine Beast Vah Rudania.

The only Devine Beast out of the 3 I have completed so far that I didn't need a guide if I got stuck. It was fairly easy I felt.

How did everyone else find it, and should I spoiler-hide anything I've written?

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to barge into this thread with a controversial opinion, but...this game is the best. It's probably been 20 years that a "AAA" game has sucked me in like this. Really an all-timer. And it's also remarkable that a game company could, after so many decades in the biz, put out both this and Odyssey in the same year. Just shows a commitment to game design fundamentals that really can't be matched by anyone else.

That being said, after getting the 4 guardians and 96+ shrines done, I'm faced with Hyrule Castle and I have at last begun to feel a pleasant sense of completion, to the point where I'm less eager to dive into the end game. Almost like I'd rather just keep riding around Hyrule, discovering things and helping villagers with their miniscule problems, rather than whack Ganon and bring things to a close.

Favorite environment for folks? Mine is close between the wintry mountains (various places) and the rainy autumnal roads near the Akkala Tech Lab.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to getting deep into this game and just had to vent about stealth being on L3. I am trying to finish off the Gerudo beast and ohmygod I have gone into stealth accidentally so many damn times.

Anyway, this game is ridiculous, I have been all over the world and feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there something I'm supposed to realize about how to damage ganon when he gets to 1/4 health? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Wait...you can deflect those? Huh.
Not only you can, but you must. IIRC it's the only way to damage him.

As a side note, you can defect any beam that I know of. Yes even those guardians beams. If you're good at impact guarding, it's acutally a great way to defeat guardians.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Think I am going to start over on normal after taking a break. MM is pretty uninteresting. It has its positives, but the negatives for me outshine or magnify the issues in core BoTW.

To be fair I did give MM 40 hours.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Master Mode is bad, yeah. I like the higher damage taken from enemies, but making everything a rank higher and giving some of them such absurdly long health bars just makes it a slog.

And the Trial of the Sword is nearly unwinnable this way, to the point where I have to wonder if they even playtested it.

Master Mode just seems poorly thought out in some ways.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
been playing for a couple weeks now. I've largely been exploring the world and haven't done much major story stuff. I put all my spirit orbs into stamina which helps with exploring but so many things one-shot me.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
I want to get a Switch for this game but I don't have a TV. Does a lot of the immersion get lost on the small Switch screen?

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
I bought my son a Switch for Xmas with this, Mario, and MK. I got really into this for a week or two whilst travelling on business then I hit the first proper boss, Waterblight Ganon. I must have spent a few hours on that, exhausting weapon supplies and getting nowhere. I decided to grind some dungeons a bit for heart containers, but subsequently gave up. Any tips - I want to go back to it but am fed up with that boss. Having completed all the Souls games I'm surprised I can't get on with Zelda.

Narasumas

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Melbourne, Florida
I bought my son a Switch for Xmas with this, Mario, and MK. I got really into this for a week or two whilst travelling on business then I hit the first proper boss, Waterblight Ganon. I must have spent a few hours on that, exhausting weapon supplies and getting nowhere. I decided to grind some dungeons a bit for heart containers, but subsequently gave up. Any tips - I want to go back to it but am fed up with that boss. Having completed all the Souls games I'm surprised I can't get on with Zelda.
Trying to remember this one....is this the boss that throws the ice blocks to you?? If so, don't forget to use your Cryo and Stasis powers as often as you can. You can use Cryo on ice to instantly break it, and Stasis to buy yourself some time if needed. Also, drink some Attack+ or Defense+ food (whichever you find you're lacking in) beforehand. I remember that boss being pretty tough, but don't be afraid to exhaust your resources on it. Use whatever powerful arrows you have (ancient arrows are a big plus, but def use any fire,ice,electric arrows you have too). If you still can't manage, I'd say hold off until you have either more health, better armor upgrades, or have accumulated a decent stock of good arrows (a good bow helps too).

IIRC, I used my bow a lot in that fight.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
After mistakingly throwing away my Hylian Shield, I ended up having to do the Tarrey Town quest. I won't go into details of the quest ( I'm sure most have done it)

But I have it back now. :)

http:///CMSc.jpeg

Another pic I like.

http:///6QSc.jpeg

Last edited:

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
Does anyone know why specifically the game was delayed until 2016? According to Beta64, they came up with a bunch of new ideas they wanted to implement. I was wondering if there was an interview or something that details exactly what they were adding.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the Eventide Island quest.

I was going to play a bit of it then continue later, but you
Can't save your progress

End up doing it in one session ( Not that it's a long quest)

87 Shrines or so done!

Went back to Korok Forrest to do some of the quests there.

C5EHJPL.gif

Love how the clouds move about.

Last edited:

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play this originally on Wii U and then again on Switch?

I'm itching to play this again, just curious what sort of improvements I can expect going to Switch. For starters I know I'll very much appreciate having the full experience un-docked.

lmx

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2018
Anyone play this originally on Wii U and then again on Switch?

I'm itching to play this again, just curious what sort of improvements I can expect going to Switch. For starters I know I'll very much appreciate having the full experience un-docked.
It's nice. I play in my room for long periods of time, so it's nice to be able to take it in portable mode to play in the living room if I get sick of being in my bedroom. It's also nice to have something on the tv in the background too if you're just cruising around Hyrule.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Hey, listen!

I played Breath of the Wild back then in February/March and loved the game, but didn't play the DLCs. I've been in the mood to play more BotW and finally buy the Season Pass. My question is: is the season pass worth it? How many more hours of fun will I get out of it?

GildedMango

Feb 6, 2018
Hey, listen!

I played Breath of the Wild back then in February/March and loved the game, but didn't play the DLCs. I've been in the mood to play more BotW and finally buy the Season Pass. My question is: is the season pass worth it? How many more hours of fun will I get out of it?

It's hard to say, since it adds more of the same. You get a few trials similar to Eventide Island, and a handful of shrines and shrine quests to complete. There's also a couple of new DLC costumes to find and completely new upgrade, so I'd say it'd be about 10-30ish hours depending on your play style. I'd say its content is probably better than most of that of the main game, and I adored vanilla BoTW as is.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
It's hard to say, since it adds more of the same. You get a few trials similar to Eventide Island, and a handful of shrines and shrine quests to complete. There's also a couple of new DLC costumes to find and completely new upgrade, so I'd say it'd be about 10-30ish hours depending on your play style. I'd say its content is probably better than most of that of the main game, and I adored vanilla BoTW as is.

Thank you! I bought the Season Pass yesterday and so far I've been having a blast again. There are so many places I haven't been to yet and thanks to the Hero's Path mode I discovered that. Perfect for this weekend!

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
The Champion's Ballad is pretty bad so far. It's just a bunch of busy work, and since you can't play it until after you've beaten the main game, there's no incentive for exploration. Don't make me jump though all these hoops (sometimes literally) just to unlock a shrine.

It just doesn't respect the player's time at all.