• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to start a new file, it's not like I was really far though (only maybe 2 or 3 area mapped with the towers) another game tend to get between me and zelda and huh I have a tendency to forget BoTW.

Not this time!

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Left the plateau and headed to Kakariko Village! I think I'll just get the last rune and than wander from there. Beat the talus stone monster as well for some easy money because I want the Sheikah outfit. (Link looks too good in it okay >.>)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I got my Sheikah outfit and I side tracked quite a bit but remain in the constraint of the part of the world where Kakariko Village, I have yet to wander beyond that. In the past, the further I uncovered was the Plateau, the kakariko village part of the world and hateno village. So far i've seen quite a few koroks and enemy camp and when I look at what's left to discover it blows my mind.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Returned to the game today, playing since launch and still haven't complete it, but today I went out exploring and couldn't believe that I found a new shrine. Just when you think you've looked everywhere!

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I learned today that, apparently, the encounter rate for the Yiga Clan increases based on the number of mighty bananas you have in your inventory.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Is there any way to force the game to drop the green outfits when I use the amiibos? I tried them a few times but for now, the best thing I got was Epona but I really want a complete set of one of the green costumes

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to force the game to drop the green outfits when I use the amiibos? I tried them a few times but for now, the best thing I got was Epona but I really want a complete set of one of the green costumes

Not that I know of. They are the rarest things so you just have to keep trying. Also, you can get dupes.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The game has finally clicked with me after 3 separate times I've tried and quickly dropped, ah it's great. Really enjoyed all the shrines I've done so far (except 1 that was motion controlling platforms, couldn't control it at all and just walked up a couple of wonky ass platforms) and the freedom to just do stuff in any order really is extremely refreshing, compared to most open worlds.
I'm especially surprised it finally clicked as I hate weapon durability more than most game mechanics and thought it never would due to it, but I'm getting through it, though still definitely hate how fast weapons break, doubt any game (that's not horror anyway) will make me ok with weapon durability being there.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else seen Bokoblins riding BEARS? I have hundreds of hours in the game, been everywhere collecting Koroks, and just saw this the other day. I love that I still find new stuff.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How do I put a saddle on my horse? Got a new one from a time trial race and have no clue how to put it on my horse.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
How do I put a saddle on my horse? Got a new one from a time trial race and have no clue how to put it on my horse.

You have to go to a stable that has customization options. Not all of them have it. I think Highland is one that does. There will be a person standing near the horse stalls who can change the look of your horse and change gear for it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm addicted to finding Shrines. Got 80 so far, only done 1 of those Beasts in comparison, because every time I enter a new area I'm just hunting for Shrines, which leads me to another area and so on. Zelda is well fucked.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Question if I start a new game on my main profile.... does that delete my original game?

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I did the best Beast first, because outside of the Zora one they feel super rushed with nearly no build up, the Rito one being the worst for this, kinda leaving me underwhelmed after really enjoying Shrine hunting for the 90% of the time and the Zora beast. Anyway back to finishing up the Shrines and then on to Hyrule.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
You ever just kind of load up your 200-hour BotW savegame, ride around aimlessly for an hour, and think about how it's the best game ever made?

Oct 25, 2017
You ever just kind of load up your 200-hour BotW savegame, ride around aimlessly for an hour, and think about how it's the best game ever made?

If I did the first bit of DLC, and now I'm into the second (I think something to do with the Champions?) after doing the one-hit-kill shrines, what is there after that? I think I need to do some more of the actual game too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Late, but I'm pretty sure you can scum save with the amiibos. That's what I did. It can still get tiring to continuously reload though.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda forgot how to do advanced combat after learning in the Temple on the hill of the first village.
It's the temple where you learn to do the dodges and strikes, right in front of the Faerie pond where the Faerie can buff your armors.

Is there anyway to re-learn them? Put the game down for a few weeks and now I can't remember any of the lessons.
I thought I could just go back in the temple and practice again. . . 😭

Oct 28, 2017
I am now convinced that The Great Plateau is actually another Hyrule lifted from that world and transported to this version of Hyrule in order to save it in some way.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I am now convinced that The Great Plateau is actually another Hyrule lifted from that world and transported to this version of Hyrule in order to save it in some way.

The locations match up very close to the Ocarina map - Castle Town (only the fountain is left), Temple of Time, gate to castle, and the castle (Eastern Abbey).

Oct 28, 2017
The locations match up very close to the Ocarina map - Castle Town (only the fountain is left), Temple of Time, gate to castle, and the castle (Eastern Abbey).
Do the other landmarks that we have confirmed to exist in the past show up in a relatively similar fashion (Lon Lon, Earth Spring, Skyloft Temple) with respect to map placement?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Do the other landmarks that we have confirmed to exist in the past show up in a relatively similar fashion (Lon Lon, Earth Spring, Skyloft Temple) with respect to map placement?

Lon Lon is in Hyrule Field - look on the map for the Ranch Ruins. It matches up. The Forgotten Temple was probably part of Skyloft. It has the Loftwing sculptures and the large goddess statue. All the springs in BotW look almost identical to their Skyward Sword counterparts.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After bouncing off the game pretty hard and quick when I first played it a year ago I gave the game another try and I'm really enjoying it now! Should I get the DLC while I'm working through the game? Or is it all post-game stuff?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
After bouncing off the game pretty hard and quick when I first played it a year ago I gave the game another try and I'm really enjoying it now! Should I get the DLC while I'm working through the game? Or is it all post-game stuff?
Get it now

what you receive after going through the DLC is worth having for the rest of the main game

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
*tap, tap* Is this thing on? Any Helpful Hylians still around?

I've been stumped on Garini's shrine quest - Palmorae Beach for literally years on and off. May I please have a vague hint putting me in the right direction? I can't find any of the fragmented pieces anywhere. I've tried looking over (I think) the whole beach area at night, from ground level and way above, soaring down. Am I blind? :( Am I supposed to just take a pic of the one right in front of him first? Not sure if I've tried that.

The other day I finally figured out the Secret of the Snowy Peaks on Mount Granajh and felt so satisfied. I was so confused about that for so long because I thought the pedestal in question was the taller pillar at the top of the snowy peak. So, I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding something about the game's internal logic, here.

Please don't tell me the solution for Garini, though, just the vaguest of hints would be most helpful. I'm wondering if maybe his initial flavor text gave more of a hint than his follow-up text?

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been stumped on Garini's shrine quest - Palmorae Beach for literally years on and off. May I please have a vague hint putting me in the right direction? I can't find any of the fragmented pieces anywhere. I've tried looking over (I think) the whole beach area at night, from ground level and way above, soaring down. Am I blind? :( Am I supposed to just take a pic of the one right in front of him first? Not sure if I've tried that.

The other day I finally figured out the Secret of the Snowy Peaks on Mount Granajh and felt so satisfied. I was so confused about that for so long because I thought the pedestal in question was the taller pillar at the top of the snowy peak. So, I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding something about the game's internal logic, here.

Please don't tell me the solution for Garini, though, just the vaguest of hints would be most helpful. I'm wondering if maybe his initial flavor text gave more of a hint than his follow-up text?

Trying my best to be vague, but two are close to water, the other is a decent hike inland. I don't remember if you have to find them in order or anything like that.

Nov 4, 2017

You only need to search to the west of where he is, and you may need to cover a bit of distance. Like most things in BotW, the geography is incredibly inorganic; features in the landscape are usually there to accommodate something. So if you're running along the beach and the terrain changes or looks weird, it's probably to telegraph something.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Thank you so much! Will I be able to see them at night?

The inscription on the fragments glows faintly, you would need to be rather close to see it. The first one is rather close, just stick to the rock wall on the right and proceed slowly towards the sea. Once you find a fragment come back to the questgiver with a picture and he will give you a hint regarding the location of the next one.