• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The story will be awesome.

Link will convince Zelda to use her dragons to help unite the tribes of Hyrule to fight against a resurrected Ganon.

Then he'll stab Zelda through the heart after she goes cray-cray and murders half of Hyrule city upon realizing Link actually is next in line for the throne (by virtue of being her nephew, whom she has already slept with).

Zelda's dragon will burn down the the throne room and fly away. Link will be banished to the Mushroom Kingdom to appease the council of remaining characters.

It's going to be great.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017

Link will convince Zelda to use her dragons to help unite the tribes of Hyrule to fight against a resurrected Ganon.

Then he'll stab Zelda through the heart after she goes cray-cray and murders half of Hyrule city upon realizing Link actually is next in line for the throne (by virtue of being her nephew, whom she has already slept with).

Zelda's dragon will burn down the the throne room and fly away. Link will be banished to the Mushroom Kingdom to appease the council of remaining characters.

It's going to be great.

I appreciate your work and would like to nominate you for an Emmy for best writing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

It's going to be great.
The thought of Zelda unleashing Dinraal on castle town is so funny.

Let's have Tyrion be Impa
I'll write it, but only if the game can be 15 hours long, because I need to move on to my next gig.
yes cram it all in so you can get to Metroid! Lol

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
I'll write it, but only if the game can be 15 hours long, because I need to move on to my next gig.

Throw in some gratuitous Zelda nudity and Deku Tree cracking jokes about how much bigger his trunk is than Link's and you've got yourself a deal!

I'm curious if this was the original plan when BoTW was in development or if Nintendo is reacting to the extremely positive reception the game received and this is basically a stop-gap before whatever comes next for the franchise.

I find it highly likely that Breath of the Wild was released with the idea being to build on the (incomplete) world they made with dlc expansions, but decided after release to instead merge all the expansion ideas and beef things up a bit so as to make it a whole second release. Thus them announcing the first dlc would be the only one, despite there being such glaring opportunities for more.

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Throw in some gratuitous Zelda nudity and Deku Tree cracking jokes about how much bigger his trunk is than Link's and you've got yourself a deal!

I've even got a killer scene where the remaining council of Hyrule characters finish the game's story arguing over how to reopen Hyrule's brothels. Camera dollys out ... to credits. Link goes to the Mushroom Kingdom to find his buddy Luigi is waiting for him post credits. It will be very emotional and profound.

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany

It's going to be great.
Deku Tree will be king in the end, am I right?

Oct 26, 2017
It will never be a given, this is Legend of Zelda we're talking about here lol

Every entry (including the BoTW DLC), we all hope it'll happen, and it never does. Assuming it will just off of a hair change is just asking for disappointment.
What do you mean it never happens? People only really started asking for it after that first BotW trailer when he looked like a girl. This is the first game game since that one and it looks like we'll get to play as Zelda. Seems like they're listening.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I keep saying it, Demise of the Wild. That Red haired mofo has taken over Ganondorf's malice and he is ffucking pissed.
That doesn't make sense though. Ganon/Ganondorf is what remained after Demise used his dying his moments to lay a curse to force his, Link's, and Zelda's/Hylia's conflict to repeat into perpetuity. Ganon/Ganondorf is his avatar in the effects of the curse.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
The plan was that this game is a 2020 game, dont know if things changed since than, i didnt even know that its gonna be showen this E3.

What i heard was another game and that didnt happen, am not sure if that was bad source or that Nintendo changed their plan for the show.
Since you mentioned it,
Can I ask what the other game was?

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well, personally I don't want co-op in my Zelda games. Zelda is a singleplayer game first and foremost, but I would be cool with playing another character for a short time, for example in Wind Waker's Earth and Wind temple. The whole game centered around multiplayer or multiple characters like a MMORPG would ruin it for me.

Yes, that's true.
So you're not much of a fan of four swords or triforce heroes then? Shame they're great, I'd love to see optional elements from those games included. I'd take a whole botw game like that too but I doing that's the case.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean it never happens? People only really started asking for it after that first BotW trailer when he looked like a girl.

Female Link =/= Playable Zelda

People have been asking for the latter for the longest time lol

This is the first game game since that one and it looks like we'll get to play as Zelda. Seems like they're listening.

People's evidence of them "listening" is a hair change, and Aonuma being a little coy, despite that same coyness being what mistakenly led people to believe it would happen for BoTW in the years before its release.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Next trailer at Game Awards is my bet as well. Just given Nintendo's historical presence there and Zelda's presence especially.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Female Link =/= Playable Zelda

People have been asking for the latter for the longest time lol

People's evidence of them "listening" is a hair change, and Aonuma being a little coy, despite that same coyness being what mistakenly led people to believe it would happen for BoTW in the years before its release.
Honestly with how much BotW apparently changed before release, wouldn't be surprised if it was something they were considering then decided against

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with how much BotW apparently changed before release, wouldn't be surprised if it was something they were considering then decided againy

Given his past comments (i.e. the infamous "What is Link going to do"), I personally am not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Only way I'll be convinced of playable Zelda is to see it with my own eyes at this point lol

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This makes me think we'll be getting an Odyssey 2 as well, that always seemed more likely as far as direct sequels go.

Jan 15, 2019
Just spitballing ideas here...

Zelda and Link will both be playable in some fashion, though perhaps not at the same time. Whatever takes over Link's right hand will likely imbue him with abilities Zelda doesn't have, and Zelda will probably have abilities Link doesn't have. It may be advantageous (or necessary) to play as one or the other or both to get through certain segments. I don't think Nintendo would do something like show Zelda exploring with Link in the first trailer of the game innocuously, just like how Link using a Guardian Arrow in the BotW reveal trailer ended up being significant to BotW's backstory.

I'm not sure the shots of them exploring with the oxen are taking place beneath Hyrule castle. If you're just going to a tomb beneath the castle, why do you need to bring an ox with tons of supplies? The only explanation would be that it isn't beneath the castle at all, or it's waaaaay down there, like miles down, which would lend some credence to the theory that much of the game takes place in caverns and crypts beneath Hyrule. Would also fit the dark tone of the trailer I suppose.

This sounds obvious, but Ganondorf's revival will be a central focus of the game. I think the trailer starting and ending with Ganondorf's heartbeat suggests that he won't just be the villain in the plot, but that the intrinsic tie between the three triforce characters will be explored and fleshed out through the game, similar to how BotW's reveal trailer featured a guardian chasing Link and the history of the guardians ended up being a huge part of the story. Maybe Link and Zelda getting close to Ganondorf's corpse is actually what revived it, and the energy that wraps around Link's arm is "punishing" or "cursing" Link for allowing Ganondorf to ressurect himself. I wouldn't be surprised if the story of BotW 2 focuses heavily on Ganondorf's history and fleshing him out as a character (literally and figuratively it seems.)

Gameplay wise, I have this idea that Ganondorf won't just resurrect and then sit around and wait for you, but might actively pursue you. Similarly to how the Yiga clan would pursue you in BotW, but more foreboding. Perhaps you could try to fight Ganondorf at any point as he pursues you, just like how you could fight Calamity Ganon at any point in BotW, but until you're stronger and more well-equipped it would be a quick death, like leaving the shrine of resurrection and running straight to a Silver Lynel with a tree branch. The idea of being lost somewhere on the map and then hearing this faint, foreboding music signifying that Ganondorf is closing in on you would be pretty intense and compelling, in my opinion.

I really don't know what to make of Hyrule Castle lifting off the ground, but I think we can narrow it down to two options: 1) the castle lifting allows you to explore the ruins beneath it, and this is what causes Link and Zelda to find Ganondorf's corpse in the first place (though what lifts the castle in the first place is a mystery) and then you spend much of the game beneath Hyrule or 2) Link and Zelda are in the castle when it takes off, and we're transported to a whole new map. Based on the trailer, I think there's probably more evidence for the former than the latter right now but my gut tells me Nintendo wouldn't make an almost entirely subterranean Zelda game.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
With Ganondorf back what could he possibly want from a destroyed Hyrule other than unearth the Triforce and turn back time 10000 years to get back to its glory. We could be exploring the same land but 10000 years in the past.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
I think "of the Wild" works for part of the subtitle, similar to "of the Tomb Raider" for this last trilogy.

So...

Legend of Zelda: Corruption of the Wild
Legend of Zelda: Dusk of the Wild
Or stealing from another poster:
Legend of Zelda: Death of the Wild

sound bad.

Legend of Zelda: Shadow's Rebirth

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think "of the Wild" works for part of the subtitle, similar to "of the Tomb Raider" for this last trilogy.

So...

Legend of Zelda: Corruption of the Wild
Legend of Zelda: Dusk of the Wild
Or stealing from another poster:
Legend of Zelda: Death of the Wild

The return of Ganondorf, the King of Evil, Gerudo King, Demon King.

The Legend of Zelda: King of the Wild

Deadcelledo

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Puerto Rico
not sure if anyone mention this before, but I remember Aonuma once said that during development the team was working on how to implement the hookshot in Botw, but they remove it since it made traversal too fast, wonder if they will add it now, imagine swinging around hyrule like spider-man...

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Countless different 'Zelda: _____ of the wild' titles is just dumb. It will hopefully, and should have a proper new title.

Zelda: Awoken Souls
Zelda: Spirits Reborn

These titles are kind of lamb because they are just based off what was shown in the short teaser, but something like that.

JNCA

Jun 11, 2019
I would love to play as Zelda at some point in the game (if not the whole game), but I think that they'll have some sort of explanation as to why you can't play as Link. IIRC at some interview a while back Aonuma said that they turn down the idea to have Zelda playable because then that raised the question "what would Link do?". So my guess is that Link gets trapped at some point during the game and that leads to Zelda saving Hyrule baby. I wonder if that ever happens how different will gameplay be in comparison with Link

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I really hope Zelda is playable and they really go all with it as an option and mechanic, even for co-op which I don't give a flying fuck about but if that's what it takes to open this door to Zelda bring it, but I'm not holding out for it or taking nothing statements by Aonuma as any kind of confirmation or hint at it. My belief in Nintendo to actually make that leap is near rock bottom.

Jan 15, 2019
Really though, 3d Zelda titles aaaalways reference a central gameplay mechanic in the title, so a correct guess would probably reference what's happening to Link's arm in some way.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is really into leakers these days, its better to stay quiet.
yup, makes sense.

Out of some curiosity, if it got revealed in a future Direct/whatever, would you be willing to to say "this was the game" after the fact.
I've just been interested in what gets retooled, cancelled, or put on pause in Nintendo's pipeline. With recent stories like LM3 Wii U, Retro doing whatever, many others

Could you at least say if it had to do with Metroid?
that would exactly be a leak tho lol.
And would get picked up by sites, etc.
Which he said he isn't doing.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Zelda will be playable. At least not in a way where you can select to play the whole game as either of them. You would need to tone down Zeldas personally to match Links and that wouldn't be any good.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
My main concern for this game is that it won't be able to have an in-depth story alongside a world that is as rich and amazing as BotW's. If they sacrifice the freedom and the joy/magic of exploration for a better story, then it will probably still be a great game, but it'll fall short of the magic of the original Breath of the Wild. However, if they can capture the same magic, even if the atmosphere is more creepy, alongside a better story and hopefully more traditional dungeons, then it will easily be the best game I've ever played.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I started a new file under a different Profile today. Something about the game just draws me in right away. It's amazing.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Soo i was analyzing that shot from the hryule field that appears on the trailer, comparing side by side to see if i spot any differences, and there's nothing much, just:

Towers are gone, you can see in the mountain where it was akkala's tower (i think is this tower) , in the same angle you can cleary see it in BOTW but is not there in the teaser
Death Mountain looks bigger, im not sure if is effect of the video, but is bigger by a small amount i think, im not sure why they made this change, if they made it
They added a waterfall to a mountain in the left

And thats about it to be honest