• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The ceremony of the Videogame Awards is just around the corner, so is a good chance to know more about the sequel of one of the best games of the generation. In aticipation to that, I have decided to list and put in order what I expect from this title.

- Completely new map.
- Underwater playable areas.
- Maintain the open world structure with total freedom to explore but with a clear progression regarding the acquisition of new power ups, abilities or items.
- Crazy new abilities (Link with an ultrapowerful robotic arm would be acceptable for me).
- Big classic Zelda dungeons instead of or alongside shrines.
- Maintain the weapon durability and stamina mechanics because I think they were big part of the core gameplay of the first title.
- More emphasis on the story.
- Zelda as a playable character.
- A more detailed and rich environment graphically.
- More variety in enemies and bosses.
- Weather conditions affecting encounters, Link and enemies depending on their types.

Thats it.

Your turn.

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Really, it's the emphasis on story. I love Zelda lore (I know, I know) so it would really be a dream game if they pulled off an incredible story. But it's a Nintendo game, so I'm not really getting my hopes up. :(

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Zelda as the sole playable character.
Mix of old and new dungeons.
Return of a musical item that plays like Ocarina.
Better story, cutscene and VA integration into open world and their overall direction/quality.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Gimme two hookshots and let me swing around like Spider-Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
They can do whatever they want. Just meet two criteria. 1.) No McGuffin items for dungeon clearing and overworld gates. 2.) No voice actor for Link. Go nuts with the rest.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
- World a bit smaller but higher density
- Fewer weapons and no breaking
- Better technical performance
- More variety when it comes to dungeons/temples and bosses.
- Also more mainline dungeons
- more emphasis of beauty and combat and less on empty open world / climbing.
- More items to use (traditional zelda style)

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I don't really want a remix of Hyrule but I think that's what we're getting.

So:

Different land or unrecognizable version of this Hyrule.

Add dungeons.

Playable Zelda.

Different way to tell a more engaging story for an open world game (not memories).

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
  • Zelda is along for the ride
  • Multiplayer (for more replay value)
  • Pacing similar to the Great Plateau but throughout the whole game
  • Significantly stronger enemies and more variety
  • Lost woods are a mini-roguelite
  • Dual clawshots return
  • Beetle returns
  • Whip returns
  • Flying mount
  • Dungeons
  • More megastructures
  • Takes place on island or series of islands -- nothing you can see you can't get to

Last edited:

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I would like more reason to traverse the world. Once they gave me fast travel it felt like the main goal was "get to the towers" and that kinda killed my desire to really explore. If there were more incentive to walk about on foot or horse, I'd be happy.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know this will be at The Game Awards or

OT: Underwater traversal (with GOOD swimming) and floating worlds in the sky with some kind of sky traversal while keeping the original game's world and updating it with new things would be the best of both worlds for this game.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Continue with being as open as ever much like Breath of the Wild and those before. I have students currently playing Link to the Past and by god are they enjoying just how open it is in choice and direction. Do that and you have a recipe for success.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
Not called BOTW2
Playable Zelda
New overworld
Delayed to 2021 (if planned for 2020)

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Link/Zelda drop-in/out co-op. Let me just roam around the world with a friend, please.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
60% Traditional dungeons with no key item to find.
20% Traditional dungeons with key item to find.
10% Mechanical/Beast Type dungeons
10% Bonus/Hidden dungeons not related to the story.

Tons of shrines.

Better and more story-heavy sidequests.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
More of the same really. I guess it could do with more story as long as it don't interfere with the freeroaming aspects. Perhaps more side story quests like Majora's Mask? That helped bring Termina to life.

Also more visually diverse dungeons with different themes, lots of hidden places to find and more Zelda.

More iconic boss fights! For all the shit Skyward Sword gets it has some really great fights, take inspiration from that.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
- big open air dungeons, like Aonuma talked about before the games reveal. Giant dungeons with multiple entrances
- if shrines stay, more variety in aesthetic, lore and music. As in, different types of mini-dungeons
- more enemy and boss variety!!!
- more unique music for different regions. Also I thought that some areas like Death Mountain were ill fitting with minimal music. Volcano's should be a bit more bombastic. Also more music for dynamic stuff. Like Sand Seal surfing should've triggered a GV-esque track
- I won't be mad if it doesn't happen, but I'd love playable Zelda

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Less climbable surfaces. Being able to go in pretty much any direction at all times makes for some cool world design, but weak game design. The most interesting parts of BotW were the most limited in terms of traversal, generally.
Actual ability progression. Getting all the required powers before leaving the Plateau combined with weapons being temporary game me very little sense of progressions.
More shrine variation. Ignoring the repetitive combat ones, they are all extremely samey visually.

mrgoomba

Dec 10, 2017
I hope they get things crazier and try new things without caring on making everyone happy. they kind of did it on botw.. but now they can level up... get new gameplay mechanics swimming, flying.. new enemies, puzzles, bosses. New puzzles, temples, dungeons, caves, castles.. and now make a living world.. no more wild and ruins.. but whole built structures everywhere.. if they are going to use the same world.. then make link and zelda travel to the past where nothing was destroyed

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
more challenge overall
better enemy variety with more varied attack pattern
good boss fights
more classic dungeon and less samey shrines
better and more varied melee combat
no drinking or eating in a menu (so real time)
more health and stamina in the beginning
maybe add some flavour to climbing
more life in the open world (more similar to rdr2)
better and more present story
more unique non-breakable weapon
not every gadget in the first 5-10 hours
more rewarding exploration
a damn roll or evasion move when you don't lock on on enemies
undestuctible shield during sliding
some other minor things

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
-Playable Zelda
-Fishing Rod
-Higher enemy variety
-Dungeons
-Interesting Rides
-Cities that are more than small towns
-Revamped Combat

ShinMaruku

Oct 25, 2017
-Playable trio of Link Zelda and Papaya with unqiue abilities so you can tackle challenges differently.
-No weapon breaking
-Proper dungeneering
Mounts for our trio, or you can use their skills to build vehicles.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
- Proper Dungeons
- Unbreakable Weapons. Default one that is super weak, strong ones that are exceptionally hard to find like in Story of Thor.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
More explorable structures like Hyrule Castle.
And ways to permanently alter paths within those structures instead of bullshit like those eyes that return after the blood moon.
More permanent (but possibly reversible?) changes to the environment. When they announced the game, the way they described it I thought you would be able to alter the environment to create shortcuts - like a vastly improved Skyward Sword.
Abilities that improve traversal. I got the high jump first, so you can imagine how disappointed I was with every new ability after.
Bigger more involved towns

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Separate inversion options for camera and aiming controls. Still need to make that rant thread.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
No traditional dungeons. Nothing of "small key, digital compass, map, big key".

Playable Zelda

No intrusive RPG elements. BOTW already has enough.

Deleted member 10428

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Classic dungeons
Standard weapons with no durability
Side activities instead of shrines (UFO catcher, fishing and so on)
Return of the magic medallions from ALttP
More enemy variety
A new map

other than that I'm satisfied if the keep the rest from the first game as long as they spare us any edgy Twilight Princess crap story and world wise

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I think you pretty much nailed it. Better main quest, side quests and characters, toning down(or getting rid of) that GOD AWFUL weapon degradation, better dungeons, more tools/equipment, better enemy variety.

I feel BOTW was an interesting and fun open world game but also totally over hyped though. It was a good time and I believe they have a great framework here it just needs to be expanded on.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Two things that immediately come to mind are that I don't want Link to speak at all ever and I want Zelda to be a very big part of the game.

Aside from that I hope everything they (the developers) want the sequel to be is what the sequel is. I trust them and I hope that nothing will happen to undermine that.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More variety in general, especially with enemies. I also want actual dungeons this time with dungeon items.

Mana Latte

Banned
Jul 6, 2019
Just to be able to summon a horse from anywhere within reason like Witcher 3 or Assassins Creed Origins/odyssey

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Dungeons, weird environments - maybe even indoors or underground. And please for the love of all that is holy ease up on durability - way too aggressive in BotW1.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
  • Classic dungeons
  • Different visual themes for the dungeons
  • At least one more "midgame" dungeon in the style of Hyrule Castle (i.e. huge space with multiple entrances/exits, challenging combat, and secret rooms)
  • Reduced HP scaling for enemies -- it's no fun fighting damage sponges, especially when lot of the creative things you can do with Link's toolkit sort of goes out the window due to low damage
  • More enemy variety
  • Ditch the brittle weapons system in favor of something more traditional where weapons are differentiated by moveset and damage type (already basically in BOTW, just needs to be pushed to the center) and finding a fire longsword or an ancient battle axe is cool because there may only be one in the world, and you just found it in some obscure desert cave, and you get to keep it
  • Ocarina-style instrument that you can freely play (via button inputs, not motion controls or microphone)
  • An optional megadungeon with online elements where players can leave map fragments or items for other players
  • Related to several of the above, at least one giant cave network with underground rivers, catacombs, and a buried city or dungeon.