• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
dlc2otvmj7w.jpg
Release Date: December 7, 2017 (NA) | December 8, 2017 (PAL/JP)
Genre: GOTY
amiibo: Nothing new was added
Video Recording: Yes
eShop Download Size: 1.2GB installed (2.5GB total req. to download incl. updates)
Price: Only available as part of the US$19.99/€19.99/£17.99 Expansion Pass with DLC Pack 1
EU Download Site: Here
Global SKU: Yes, any region DLC works with any region retail/eShop copy
Access Requirements: You have to have freed all 4 Divine Beasts to access the DLC
Links: DLC Pack 2 Website

tcbbannera6u63.jpg

The Champions' Ballad
Following the guidance of an unseen voice, Link encounters a new test: the Divine Beast Tamer's Trial. Take hold of the One-Hit Obliterator to clear out monster encampments, discover new shrines, conquer a huge dungeon and more. Overcoming all these obstacles will earn you the power to call upon the Master Cycle Zero.

Additionally, help the travelling bard Kass complete an unfinished song left behind by his mentor. Better still, Kass is also inspired to write some verses of his own, revealing scenes from the Champions' and Princess Zelda's past that even Link never knew of. And what exactly could Kass's mentor's song be...?

Note: To play The Champions' Ballad content, you must first complete the four main challenges to free the four Divine Beasts.

Nine hidden items for you to find
The following items, which pay tribute to The Legend of Zelda series, can now be found scattered across Hyrule: Island Lobster Shirt, Ravio's Hood, Zant's Helmet, Phantom Ganon Skull, Phantom Ganon Armor and Phantom Ganon Greaves. You can also find the Royal Guard Cap, Royal Guard Uniform and Royal Guard Boots, which were once worn by Hyrule's royal guards.

Ancient Horse Gear
The Ancient Bridle, which increases the spurs available when riding the equipped horse, and the Ancient Saddle, which lets you summon the equipped horse wherever it is, are hidden in treasure chests somewhere in Hyrule, waiting to be found.

800x556_ancientbridleh5us3.jpg
800x556_royalguardq3uxh.jpg
800x556_ganonarmoreyuy0.jpg
800x556_zantshelmetzauak.jpg
800x556_ravioshoodgru4l.jpg
800x556_islandlobsterwruag.jpg
800x556_onehitvvubk.jpg
800x556_cycle_screenpnugb.jpg

expansionpass-v2-bannabufb.jpg

US$19.99/€19.99/£17.99/AU$30/NZ$33/¥2500 (incl. tax)

Last edited:

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the new dungeon gives you a heart container. And if so, how many shrines did they add? I saw four in the trailer but we need 8 to have both max stamina and max hearts. Anyway, excited to play this when I get home from school since I don't have my cart with me. And yeah, BotW now takes up 2.5GB on my Switch (450MB before).

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading it right now. I have an exam tomorrow, but it won't stop me from playing tonight lmao.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Someone try out the motorbike and tell me if the DLC is worth buying it for.

e: and whether or not I can freely use and summon it whenever I want. Gave up on horses because they were more hassle than they're worth most of the time.

Last edited:

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dammit, I don't want to see those stupid red lasers in the sky so I held off on the divine beasts. I now have to destroy my beautiful atmosphere for the DLC? :(

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Takes 2.5GB to download, 2.1GB after everything is installed:

Also, there's no extra amiibo support from what I can see. There's a bundle on the eShop with the game and DLC too!

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That bike looked pretty cool. It has to control better than horses...right?

I'll probably start the DLC tomorrow. Hoping they went all out on the dungeon and shrine difficulty this time, those were huge disappointments in the regular game.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Genre: GOTY. That's something I can get behind.

I still have a ways to go before I can access this, I'll be playing catch up over the weekend. Have fun everyone else! :)

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT title. Can't get to the DLC now, but hopefully later in the month I can. It looks great.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I've started playing it.

Well I'm not loving this new weapon... One hit kill but you also die from one hit.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Genre: GOTY. Nice.

Also, that badass image of link on his horsecycle reminds me of a bob ross painting for some reason.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
That bike looked pretty cool. It has to control better than horses...right?

I'll probably start the DLC tomorrow. Hoping they went all out on the dungeon and shrine difficulty this time, those were huge disappointments in the regular game.

I want to know about the dungeons before buying. If they are not big classic dungeons I am selling the game as I am done with it. Loved it but was disappointed by the lack of classic dungeons.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I want to go back in time before BotW was shown off and show people that art of Link riding a motorcycle.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
So... as someone who has the Expansion Pass, and all four beasts freed... how the heck do I access this stuff?

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Wait so you're still in the "modern" time? I was hoping it would be a flash forward in time or a flashback where everyone is still alive.

Anyone else in love with that theme song at the beginning of the trailer?

Deleted member 15457

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's time to start another playthrough!

Opinions on hard mode? Is it good and rewarding like giving enemies new attacks, or does it just turn them in to damage sponges?

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Are there new generic weapons too? Or did I just manage to not find a double axe in my 130 hours of playing?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
This pack better be great with some good meat to it, cause I ain't paying $20 just for this pack otherwise. I just read impressions for now before I even consider.

Anyway, Phantom Ganondorf outfit looks so awesome.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, so it's not actually post-game content, it's just post-Divine Beasts content. I guess that answers my questions about how Zelda figures into this. Too bad.