• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This was just confirmed by Nintendo UK on their Twitter. Felt like it is important considering the discussion around its price and all.

Wake me up if old.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
noice! well deserved success and critical acclaim.

edit: oh, that's a different accolades trailer than the one by NoA

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
B-but the experts said the framerate issues made it unplayable??? I don't understand! s/

Congrats! Well deserved. Toy Link for Smash next!

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I am over the moon with its success, and I truly hope this encourages Nintendo to make a new game in the Zelda series similar to both 'A Link Between Worlds' and 'Link's Awakening'.

It has pipped Sekiro, Outer Wilds and Control as my Game of the Year.

It is also the warmest, cosiest and most charming I have played since Tearaway on the PS Vita.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to Grezzo/Nintendo !!!

Even funnier when you consider that after getting positive reviews - some people here thought that this should be the first mayor Nintendo release that shouldnt be full price...because of reason.

The BotW comparison were quite ridiculous as well - most games wouldnt be able to charge more than 20 bucks when you only allow to charge 60 bucks for BotW quality and mass of content titles. Let alone the fact that both games complete completely different kind of gameplay experiences.

Anyway......a 2D zelda being able to perform like this in 2019 is very good news. Makes me hopeful that we might get a new "mainline" 2D Zelda with a relatively big budget since they know there is an audience willing to pay 60 bucks for them.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the German numbers because people here have a lot of nostalgia for that game. Nintendo should have bundled the game with a condom here to promote it.

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
Great news to hear!

I am looking forward to seeing how much it sales. Perhaps 5 million?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am looking forward to seeing how much it sales. Perhaps 5 million?
life time? probably more than that.

schleimer02normalversq9jvd.jpg

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loved the game so much, but it was really short. I hope they make a new game in this style, but much longer.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
All i hope is that nintendo realises there is still an audience for 2d zelda top down zeldA.
Now give them some engine help, lots of money and time to make their own new zelda title.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I wonder why they sold it at 60 dolars. Really cant think about why.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad 2D Zelda is still profitable even though I personally can't justify paying full price for this one. Will definitely get it when I can and hope we get sme Oracle remakes.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
People lump the Oracle games together so much that they're going to be in for a rude awakening when Nintendo charges $60 for each one.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
So weird that I haven't bought a new TLOZ game (I mean, it's Zelda!) with such a lovely artstyle and how much I'm into LTTP-style gameplay...
...it's just that I have beat Link's Awakening for the first time when it released on 3DSVC (despite owning the non-DX cart since forever) and it feels to soon to replay the same exact game with a new coat of paint e few QOL fixes and pay €60 for that.

Is that a fair assessment on the game? Is it essentially a fantastic videogame although only the 'video' part of it is new, while the 'game' part is lifted entirely from LADX?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch and BotW. BotW is such a landmark title for the Zelda franchise. So much impact in Europe.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People lump the Oracle games together so much that they're going to be in for a rude awakening when Nintendo charges $60 for each one.
I'll be disappointed but unlike Link's Awakening I have actual nostalgia for the Oracle titles so it'd probably override my better judgment that time.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Apart from the framerate issues, I'm having a blast with it.
I paid only 41€ for it, so it is even better.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So weird that I haven't bought a new TLOZ game (I mean, it's Zelda!) with such a lovely artstyle and how much I'm into LTTP-style gameplay...
...it's just that I have beat Link's Awakening for the first time when it released on 3DSVC (despite owning the non-DX cart since forever) and it feels to soon to replay the same exact game with a new coat of paint e few QOL fixes and pay €60 for that.

Is that a fair assessment on the game? Is it essentially a fantastic videogame although only the 'video' part of it is new, while the 'game' part is lifted entirely from LADX?
I think that's fair. With stuff like the Crash and Spyro remakes or the Yakuza remaster collection offering more content for the same price or less I have a hard time justifying a purchase for a remake of a game I'd already played pretty thoroughly. It's honestly why I'm fine with the approach the FFVII Remake is taking.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
B-but the experts said the framerate issues made it unplayable??? I don't understand! s/

A-and the artstyle and the price, ahhhh!

All i hope is that nintendo realises there is still an audience for 2d zelda top down zeldA.
Now give them some engine help, lots of money and time to make their own new zelda title.

I doubt they ever thought of ditching 2D/Top Down Zelda, ALBW was a proof of that.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news, it's very loving remake of LA. Just wish they kept in the photoshop in some way, the dampe thing is crap.

Hope this opens the door to more remakes. Would love to see zelda 1/2/3 and the oracle games.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
My 2nd favorite Zelda game ever. I gladly bought the Dreamer Edition.

Jan 2, 2018
And some people thought this would be one of the smaller releases this year! I''m really impressed by the success of the remake and can't wait to play it myself in the coming month!