• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 3DS. It looks like a 3DS game.

407231-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-two-worlds.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
My wishlist for this

• Better item management (Allow me to equip more than two items, make some items always equipped like the sword, shield, and strength bracelet, pegasus boots)
  • Make the fetch quests simpler and feel less obtuse
  • Don't keep the true ending behind a no death playthrough
  • New dungeons
  • More anime cutscenes
  • Killer remixes

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
They shouldve renade this in the BotW engine. Doesnt look very good to me, I dont really like the adaptation of the original art.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
People complaining about the art style need to understand it was never about how it looked for LA, its about the music. If they remix and fuck it up then I'll be pissed. Anyways my take on the art style, I think everything looks great except for Link; Link just looks out of place for some reason.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It doesnt look bad or like a 3ds game but I think games should get a price according to their budget. Why would it have the same price than botw? It's not insulting to say that this should be 40 bucks.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Screw a "second quest" that's a hard mode of the same island. Give me a whole second island!

I'm hyping myself up for disappointment, lol.

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
I think the new art style not only is an interesting and awesome take on HD-ing GameBoy graphics but resonates well with the theme of the game.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
It doesnt look bad or like a 3ds game but I think games should get a price according to their budget. Why would it have the same price than botw? It's not insulting to say that this should be 40 bucks.
But this is all being said based in a single trailer and in some cases solely because of the art style which is not a good way of judging value especially when the product is not yet near release.

Do we know the budget? What are the limits to how much something should cost based on that?

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017

The harsh truth is that it's priced there because people (probably a lot of them thanks to BotW and the established brand before that) will pay that much for a Zelda branded game.

If other publishers were confident that they could charge $60 for a product and get meaningful sales numbers, they would. They don't price things at budget prices to do the consumers a favor.

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I think they were going for a classic 2D look remade in 3D with that art style. But it came off WAAY too mobile looking, seems cheap af

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Then just wait until the game is the price you're willing to pay for the budget you are guessing it has.

I don't care about how much it costs to make a game. I pay based on the amount I think I'll enjoy it. That's the only value that matters to me.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Screw a "second quest" that's a hard mode of the same island. Give me a whole second island!

I'm hyping myself up for disappointment, lol.

Maybe they'll keep the GBC dungeons, add a Switch specific dungeon or two. I'd be happy.

I do wonder if the online rumours are are true and there is an online co-op mode with randomly generated dungeons.
As of right now we know practically nothing about this game so anything is possible.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't know if it's a $60 game but a 3DS game? What is wrong with you people? You don't need to dig in after you make a bad argument either!

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they replace it with something original. The color dungeon was basically there to check if you were playing on a gameboy color. A new dungeon would be a lot more interesting.
Agreed. I'm hoping for new stuff in general, but I think it's more or less a straight remake.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'm hoping they replace it with something original. The color dungeon was basically there to check if you were playing on a gameboy color. A new dungeon would be a lot more interesting.
They shouldn't remove it, but they should definitely add a new, appropriately advanced and complex dungeon in addition to the color dungeon.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't remove it, but they should definitely add a new, appropriately advanced and complex dungeon in addition to the color dungeon.
I just don't see the point of the color dungeon itself, as its only purpose was to have the color based puzzles that could only be solved with a gameboy color. These would just be really lame translated directly. My vision would have a dungeon in the same place as the color dungeon with the same reward, just something more interesting instead.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I wonder if the long-term plan for the creation of this Zelda art style -- grid/tile based but aesthetically modern -- is to use it in an eventual Zelda Maker.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Link would look completely different if this were connected to BotW. This is a remake.

The title font was changed in Japan as well, where the title font for both BotW and this remake mirrors the look of the original NES logo. These are just the new styles.

Damn. Lotta of Likes and retweets.

The NOA one is almost doubled.

BOTW and switch has really put Zelda on the map like never before. Curious to see how it does. The old Zelda fans will all play it (98% at least) but there's a new huge audience that will try this game for the first time.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
No dude, it's fn common decency.
1. it's a 26 year old game. Where does the statute of limitations end on media older than some of the posters on this forum? Wait til you hear about Darth Vader my guy...

2. Knowing it's a dream without context isn't even that much of a spoiler. It's hinted at throughout most of the game. The joy of the game's story is how it handles the theme of "ending" the lives of all of the inhabitants of said dream for the personal gain of waking yourself up. It's one of the most poignant stories among all Zelda games. It's so much more than the typical kill Ganon > save Hyrule storyline which is common in Zelda.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I really dig the art style of this remake, it reminds me of old claymation like the Rudolph Christmas special or what Elf tries to emulate at the North Pole or something. I think it's pretty fun.

I don't have any particular nostalgia or fondness for this particular game as it came out before I really gave Zelda games any notice. So it'll be a good way to experience this for the first time.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. it's a 26 year old game. Where does the statute of limitations end on media older than some of the posters on this forum? Wait til you hear about Darth Vader my guy...

2. Knowing it's a dream without context isn't even that much of a spoiler. It's hinted at throughout most of the game. The joy of the game's story is how it handles the theme of "ending" the lives of all of the inhabitants of said dream for the personal gain of waking yourself up. It's one of the most poignant stories among all Zelda games. It's so much more than the typical kill Ganon > save Hyrule storyline which is common in Zelda.
It may be a 26 year-old game but it's a whole new remake. Because of both these reasons, for many people it will be their very first contact with the game and its story. It's not asking too much to give it the same treatment as to any given new game and let those people have the freshest experience they can get.