• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
zelda-breath-of-the-wild-climbing-gear-location-guide-822x411.jpg
ss-013.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Ehm if you get different games and then you get one with the older structure you might not feel that way anymore, just be open to that idea
I've played an old Zelda bruv. It's a 30 year old franchise that I dont need to reopen myself up to. It's my favorite franchise in fact, I just dont want to deal with stuff like bottles anymore.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I was kind of wondering if they would add to the bizarre enemy cameos like Goomba and Kirby to include stuff from other Nintendo properties, but I guess they just stay with exactly what was in the original?

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that a lick of paint and updated controls are enough to make this game stand proud in 2019, on a console that hosted BOTW no less, is a testament to the genius of Miyamoto and Tezuka. What they've achieved on the GB was simply astonishing and essentially delivered a timeless game design.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Solid reviews...

I never played the original but will pick up the new one.

Anybody knows what kind of control scheme it's using? I'm wondering if it would play well with the new SNES controller?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Solid reviews...

I never played the original but will pick up the new one.

Anybody knows what kind of control scheme it's using? I'm wondering if it would play well with the new SNES controller?

Since there isn't support for the d-pad in this, I think the assumption is that the SNES pad won't work.

Sorbete

Oct 30, 2017
I've played an old Zelda bruv. It's a 30 year old franchise that I dont need to reopen myself up to. It's my favorite franchise in fact, I just dont want to deal with stuff like bottles anymore.
Well, I'm not trying to argue or anything with you. It's my fav series as well and I love BOTW and almost every other Zelda. But things like bottles might return in future games so I think it's ok to realize that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The salt. Yall getting more and more salty stuff dont turn out the way yall want it to
yeah, pretty much

The fact that a lick of paint and updated controls are enough to make this game stand proud in 2019, on a console that hosted BOTW no less, is a testament to the genius of Miyamoto and Tezuka. What they've achieved on the GB was simply astonishing and essentially delivered a timeless game design.
yeah, it just shows what a masterpiece the game is, in all its versions, and how well it holds up after all these years. the only issue, controls, are fixed now and more people will get to experience this classic.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reviews are looking great! The soundtrack for this game is AMAZING.

Still bummed I had to cancel my Dreamer Edition and do in-store pick-up for the regular version so I could have it for my trip tomorrow.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I mean yeah including the sword, hence I wrote jump, slash (sword) and action. So you only get one additional extra button for bombs, shovel, bows and what not. All the while the d-pad is completely useless.
I thought you get two face buttons for items while boots and shield are on triggers and sword and interact take the last two face buttons

Though I agree the D-Pad should be used either as another movement option or an item quick select.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, never played the original but just pre ordered this!

Huge zelda fan but this is the only one i've never played :(

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
miyamoto was mostly a supervisor and a tester on link's awakening. Tezuka and koizumi were the real heroes here, together with the programmers that were able to make alttp basic mechanics and screen transitions work on a game boy. Honestly tezuka deserves way more credit than he gets. Miyamoto is briliant with basic mechanics and practical solutions, but tezuka's directions is equaly as genius. Neither zelda or mario would have the sense of wonder they have without him.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Why would they not be real when you had video of it posted over and over again?

They may be real but the threshold of it affecting my enjoyment of a game is clearly lower and more flexible than the general sentiment expressed here.

I was playing Super Metroid for the millionth time on NSO the other day.. The boss in the ghost ship was causing some crazy slow down to the point where it was affecting my ability to kill him (yay for rewind!).. Now, that game is one of my all time favourites and is generally considered a classic but I guarantee you if it launched today this forum would be full of posters falling over themselves to express their disappointment and how they were cancelling pre-orders etc..

Applying technical requirements as a non-negiotiable requirement to the subjective decision of liking a game (or any other form of art/entertainment) is a dumb hangover from the Ninty-sega power wars that a lot of folk who grew up then can't seem to let go of.

I also don't believe every poster who expresses such concern is arguing in good faith.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo has been having a crazy year since Mario Maker 2 released.

Not gonna lie.

I didn't expect Fire Emblem to be Nintendo's leading first party Metascore.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Oof! What a terrible post and you even had to add a silly trademark.

Scores are looking great, which is not surprising considering the game it is based on, so this definitely goes to the must-buy list and as I said in a previous thread, I hope some of the issues will have been fixed by the time I get it. I also hope they let us adjust the blur that borders the screen, it doesn't look good and was very distracting in the few previews I watched.

Well, how can I argue with such a thoughtful rebuttal.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
*Never played the original*
*Preordered it for a good price AND goodies included*
*it reviews well so it's the cherry on top*

I win.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah how many game boy games would still be relevant today gameplay-wise?

Every review mentions technical issues. Is this the first time Nintendo missed the quality mark like this?

It's the first time in a long time I see almost every reviewers mentioning the framerate so yeah.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, the scores are quite good. I just completed the second dungeon and I'm having a blast. Frame drops are quite noticeable in the overworld, but dungeons have been flawless so far.

It's a great game.