• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
So there's actually people in this thread who are pissed that the reviews aren't bad? lmao love it....

I never played the original, and this remake looks and sounds amazing. Had already bought the digital version a month ago, so the great reviews are icing on the cake. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Nice streak for Switch games, kinda shame Switch is not just a tiny bit more powerful so these performance issues could be ironed out.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
MC score is at 88 now !
ezgif-1-95351588ff9aqej1t.gif

This pleases the Owl a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Great reviews! I'm hoping that by the time I complete Astral Chain (and a couple of other games) and buy this, the performance issues have been ironed out.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
speaking of game boy remakes, i really think they can do something special with super mario land. of course it can't be 1:1 like link's awakening and has to be greatly expanded, but a 2D mario game outside of mushroom kingdom, with all the crazy enemies, powerups, etc of the super mario land games would be great.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AusGamers (9/10):
In the end, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remade and rebuilt for the Nintendo Switch is downright delightful. A memorable return to the stunning Koholint Island, and for newcomers to experience a journey they'll savour for years to come. The Switch just got its second must-play Zelda.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, happy to have been wrong LOL, I hope the performance issue won't affect my enjoyment too much

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Every review mentions technical issues. Is this the first time Nintendo missed the quality mark like this?
No. BotW had some framerate drops in random areas at launch, still has some in the forest area. Xc2 was criticized to lower the resolution to really low numbers in handheld mode. FE 3H looks and performs way worse than most 1st party Switch games.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of game boy remakes, i really think they can do something special with super mario land. of course it can't be 1:1 like link's awakening and has to be greatly expanded, but a 2D mario game outside of mushroom kingdom, with all the crazy enemies, powerups, etc of the super mario land games would be great.

I'd love to see Wario Land get some love. One of my favorites on the system.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
review scores look good. In previous years this would be their big holiday game and It's coming out in September with more to come. Just goes to show how packed fall and winter is.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Odyssey was kind of this, and I expect a Odyssey 2 game to be even crazier tbh.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
And I like that game, but it was primarily based around A Link to the Past.

You're rejecting the notion of what has literally been happening for the past decade.

Has it? I would argue that major new 3D entries get in the way of Nintendo making new original 2D entries more than anything else. The big reason both remakes and new 2D games haven't consistently happened alongside each other is because a remake of a beloved 2D classic Zelda is a sure thing that can be turned around fairly quickly because you already have the exact template for the game you're making and I think Nintendo (justifiably or not) views a new completely original 2D Zelda as less of a sure thing and something that they would need to do internally which would potentially mean devoting way more resources to it than they would want. I guess Nintendo could outsource most of the development to some external dev team but I have far less faith in an external team making a good 100% new 2D Zelda game than if they were to just remake a classic one.

I'm sure that they could turn out new 2D Zelda's more quickly than they have been but I don't think any of us want 2D Zeldas to go the way of 2D Mario. Either way, I think remakes like this selling well will only help reinforce that there's an appetite for 2D Zelda. If anything, I think new 2D Zelda's getting made is less likely to happen without remakes like this one existing. I think this game will absolutely open the door to a 100% new 2D Zelda; it's less of a question of if it will happen and more like when will it happen.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Sounds like a great title after a performance patch and a price drop. I'll probably pick it up around Black Friday during a buy 2 get 1 free sale or something similar.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It bums me so much to read reviews talk about the game design like it's not viable today, that's it's too old fashion. I will always think old school Zelda is better design than BOTW.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
It bums me so much to read reviews talk about the game design like it's not viable today, that's it's too old fashion. I will always think old school Zelda is better design than BOTW.
BOTW has had only one game. I would wait to see what they can do on a second go.

First Zelda to Link to the Past was an amazing improvement on the design. (Skip Zelda 2 cause it's a side scroller)