• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

google translation:
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening has sold more than 430,000 copies in Europe in 72 hours, according to Nintendo Germany. No other game for Nintendo Switch would have sold as fast as the remake of Link's Game Boy adventure this year in Europe. However, it should be noted that this year, with the exception of Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, the competition for this switch launch record was not really big.

Last edited:

Sahasrahla

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kakariko
Really glad this was such a hit, bodes well for more side projects like this. What other Nintendo games would you guys like to see remade?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really glad this was such a hit, bodes well for more side projects like this. What other Nintendo games would you guys like to see remade?

Only the best Game Boy game

220px-Donkey_Kong_94_box_art.jpg

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

The Oracle games done like this would be great, especially in one single release.

Not a "remake" exactly but I want to be able to play Thousand Year Door on a modern console. Port, remaster, whatever.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
The game will likely sell 5m+ LTD which is a pretty amazing result for a remake; in fact, it would be the second best-selling remake in the franchise history behind Ocarina of Time 3D and also the second-best selling handheld entry.

The original sold 3.83m on GB + 2.22m including Link's Awakening DX on GBC.

Ocarina of Time 3D sold 6.02m (with much less competition and a budget release; it was also the best-selling entry in the franchise until then) while Majora's Mask 3D did 3.09m. A Link to the Past on GBA did 2.82m. Wind Waker HD did 2.3m and Twilight Princess HD sold 1.12m.

A Link Between Worlds did 4.07m. Phantom Hourglass did 4.76m while Spirit Tracks did 2.96m. The Minish Cap sold 1.76m. Oracle games did 3.99m.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty solid! It had a decent start in Japan too and rumors are very good for US too!
I am glad it's selling well, because so far it has been the best evidence of the advantages of the hybrid console

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Good result. I wouldn't be surprised if shipments that Nintendo will report (as of September 30) will be bigger than 2 million.
With the number reported being shipped figures, most definitely. I'd wouldn't be surprised if it sold through 2 million in that 10 day period up on till Nintendo's Q2 reporting period.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
I doubt they will continue with the identical art style for multiple games.
But why not? It's already proven to be a big hit, and it would save on development time. Why fix what isn't broken, especially if it means spending more and taking longer to get it done?

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
I have two questions:
  1. How many sales can we expect for the game LTD? 5M? More?
  2. Do you think it will end its life above Super Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, or had it just a better start?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Nintendo shipped 1.08M for Ocarina of Time 3d, of which 810k outside of Japan. That was for a period of just over 2 weeks.

That puts LA's performance way above that one, since Europe should account for noticeably less than half of that 810k - and LA did 430k in 3 days, not the 15 days that OOT3D had for reaching that 810k ROTW number.

It would make sense to me that shipments are well over 2M already, considering how big this growth seems to be - and indications from the US are that it won't be small there either.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I bought a copy (the LE was too pretty to miss) and I don't even own a Switch yet.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
OOT3D and MM3D both cost the same as a new 3DS game despite charing a ton of work.

They charged $50 for upresed versions of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

They charged $60 for Link's Awakening.

They'll release the two Oracle games as 60 each, won't they 🤑

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
OK Nintendo, you made lots of cash with the game. Now use a little bit of that money to fix the performance issues please, thank you!

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
so this is the first Zelda remake that will outsell the original version going by this.

maybe they'll finally remake the NES games now.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
People were hungry for a new Zelda game. I just hope it doesn't break BOTW legs. That game was so fantastic, it deserves to be a generation evergreen. I love the fact that it still charts even to this day.

Legend!

Ryuun

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
CT
Excellent. I bet we see more sales of the game around xmas as well.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo must be laughing to the bank. Almost every game they publish and/or develop is selling well. Has one title inderperformed this year on Switch?