• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: The price has been removed from the store listing. It might be a price error or it might be uploaded too early. We'll know more tomorrow after the Direct.

Pl5EozK.png

www.nintendo.com

The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I figured they'd wait until the Switch 2 to increase the price of their games, but I guess not.

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gimmie that $120 version with the season pass/other digital goodies pls

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, it was a matter of time, whoever thought otherwise was fooling themselves.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Lmfao

I like to naively think this means it's a Switch 2 game.

But we know it's just greed.

Excited for a 20 page thread, though!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
lol

lmao

and of course they start the trend with the game that will 100% sell boatloads regardless of the price

well-played, Nintendo

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
That's a mighty expensive but Everything is expensive nowadays, so it was expected, but still going to wait for a price drop on this

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Most likely a price error but, be prepared for the incoming outrage.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Do vouchers still work for it? Makes that a much better deal if so.

With Nintendo you'll be waiting at least a year for anything more than 5 bucks off.
That's a great point. Pay 30$ more for a second full price game.
Really not sure how they are justifying the price hike. Not like Sony or MS raised prices on ps4/xbone games.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Brothers has always been 69,99€ in Portugal.
The original Breath of the Wild was actually marked up on digital in my territory as well come to think of it. Both it and Smash Bros. are outliers, wonder what that means for Tears of the Kingdom's pricing in those territories.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Literally the first $70 game that I will not hesitate for a single second to buy on day one. And probably one of the first $70 games ever that's actually worth the price.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll pay whatever they ask for. I made my peace with 70 dollars games if that's what it takes to keep physical games alive

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Used copy will be around $40-45 within a year, not too bad... Or buy the vouchers for $90 with usual eShop card deals and make it $45.
Personally not going to touch this until Switch 2, unless I decide to buy it and rip with my OG Switch.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And since it's a Nintendo first party release you can be sure that shit's staying at $70 for several years to come. Ah well, I wasn't planning on playing it anytime soon anyway.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-orders have been up for 60 dollars for a long time on sites like Amazon. They still are, so some of you might wanna lock that price in.

I'm assuming this is just a price error though.