• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I was called crazy when I said the Aladdin remake looked better than the Lion King one, looks like I was right, hopefully after this Disney will slow down on the live action remakes

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
I feel like people are forgetting how animated JB animals are in comparison to LK

Like compare the two scenes

In JB the characters had problems with the photorealism but the characters do emote and had more life they're doing motions and voice actors are way better. It's probably subtle but they feel like they have life

LK just have blank faces most of the time, the camera is a lot more lifeless and they don't move around as much or at least their heads don't

They went full realism

Yeah, I was about to mention that. Seems people are forgetting how Jungle Book was.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fun part about Mulan remake is that while they are trying to be more respectful to the original,they are only doing so it can perform well in China since the original did bad there.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It's in it, but not as good as the original.
Do you really, really think it would be in the movie and NOT be ruined?

These Disney remakes do nothing better.
It's in, but they completely sucked the life out of the song that made it rememberable and epic.

Damn, I haven't seen any of the other live action remakes, so I wasnt really sure what to expect when it comes to the music.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
but the songs are all but lifeless

Haha what? Be Prepared is a joke. Dude talks that song now.

dictating what to watch ,what to support,

Dictating? I didn't tell anyone to do anything, I merely expressed my own wishes and opinions.

I said "I wish" people didn't support stuff they know is mediocre.

If some people truly believe the remakes are on par with the originals then there's nothing I or anyone can do to save their souls, but there are people who know what they're getting into and watch it anyways, like I said in my post.

We had people in the Sonic trailer thread saying they'll watch it fully knowing it'll be bad. And it makes no sense to me when people reward mediocrity.

There's not many 90s films left and the older Disney classics have proven to be far less of a box office draw.

Don't worry, they'll just remake the remakes!

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised "Hunchback" hasn't had a remake yet since it is the one of all the Renaissance Disney movies that would benefit the most from a second go around, there's so much that they could add/remove to make an incredible movie.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Uncanny Valley for talking animals? I remember loving Milo and Otis and those were real animals talking without moving their jaws. Though maybe it was just the narrator talking for them, I don't remember.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised "Hunchback" hasn't had a remake yet since it is the one of all the Renaissance Disney movies that would benefit the most from a second go around, there's so much that they could add/remove to make an incredible movie.
These remakes are mainly to capitalize on nostalgia of their more successful films, they're not going to remake their flops

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lilo & Stitch is right around the corner my dude
Lilo & Stitch is so unlike any other Disney movie at the time that I always forget it's a Disney movie.

I like that movie a lot and I actually think "Lil' Stinker E.T. In Hawaii" has remake potential. The problem is, I also think they'll fuck it up and make it lame. They need a director with a real vision and a real take.

That's what these remakes lack, a take. A concept motivating the remake beyond "make money."

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
So far its at 66%:
Screenshot_2019-07-11-10-18-45_1.png
Good, fuck this movie.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was never super interested in this but I figured that if anyone could pull this off, it would be Disney. That say, most critics are comparing this to the OG LK. Most youngins probably haven't seen it so for them, this iteration will be fresh.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Disney is pretty much done making live action original movies so these remakes have essentially replaced them. I do hope they dont go into the 2000s and start remaking everything.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Don't care for this version of Be Prepared. Maybe I'm too used to the Jim Cummings version

Honestly? I kinda like it. It's very short but I like the menacing spoken word stuff quite a bit, and I do think that it's good to have the stench of that far-right sex pest as far away from this as possible.

There is almost nothing I like about this movie that I have seen, but this is OK

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Dictating? I didn't tell anyone to do anything, I merely expressed my own wishes and opinions.

No, you said that a lot of people in here are "part of the problem" and i say again, spare us the sanctimonious attitude.

Haha what? Be Prepared is a joke. Dude talks that song now.

You know what....Be Prepared is my favorite song in the original. Today i listened the new version and i was confused at first, not really feeling it, but after numerous listenings is kind of growing in me. It's different for sure.

What do you say about the following, is this lifeless too?

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
It's about what I was expecting. I still plan on checking it out, but my expectations have been knocked down a few notches mostly from the re-recorded songs not sounding as good.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this movie makes a fuck ton of money just to prove the point that its not critical reception that is fueling these movies.
It's going to make a shit ton of money. I believe Fandago said had the 2nd highest presales of the year after Avengers. You can look at Aladdin to prove the point you're trying to make, it has a rotten score and will pass 1B.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We also start getting into the issue where the films they are going to have to remake weren't good to begin with.

Hunchback? Hercules? Atlantis??

Jungle Book II (was actually announced), Aladdin Harder, The Lion King 2: African Boogaloo.

I think people have long predicted that eventually Disney will set their sights on remaking Pixar's movies lol.

ss1

Oct 27, 2017
The question I want to know is why is Disney so intent in destroying their legacy properties with these terrible live action remakes? Is it just a copyright play to extend ownership of these titles for another 70 years?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney is pretty much done making live action original movies so these remakes have essentially replaced them. I do hope they dont go into the 2000s and start remaking everything.
Of course they will. We're about to enter the 2020's. Nostalgia is already shifting towards the 00's.

It's always whatever people in their late 20s to late 30s grew up with.