• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair here, I think the marching chorus would have been cut in the original film had it come out in the current political environment.

Gotta make sure not a single person can possibly be offended including the fucking MAGAs nazis with these sterile as fuck remakes that have no message behind them so they can grab as much cash from the largest blanket audience possible.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta make sure not a single person can possibly be offended including the fucking MAGAs nazis with these sterile as fuck remakes that have no message behind them so they can grab as much cash from the largest blanket audience possible.
I don't understand why some people are using the goose-stepping imagery as an excuse for the entire sequence being left off the movie. Scar and the hyenas are supposed to be evil.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Toy Story with actual toys told from the perspective of the humans
the original isn't even that good.

giphy.gif

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I want to see this mainly for the insane CG quality, but it sounds like pretty much exactly what I expected from the last several live-action Disney remakes they've done.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Disney cancels the Star Wars side stories because of Solo (which was actually really damn good) but keeps rehashing mediocre remakes.

Fuck this world.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
It wont age well. Knew it the minute I saw the trailer. I think rather than trying to make these stories realistic looking they should take advantage of 3D animation and make them look expressive and vibrant.
Man Id fuck with that. Imagine into the spiderverse visuals and colour pallet for different songs and settings etc with solid voice casting, damn

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why some people are using the goose-stepping imagery as an excuse for the entire sequence being left off the movie. Scar and the hyenas are supposed to be evil.
The thing is that there was not a mainstream portion of the public in the 90s that actively identified with the imagery surrounding Nazism. Fascists back then were treated as impossible cartoon villains, not a prominent political group.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I've honestly never understood it myself. I never even related that sequence to Nazis specifically. Maybe it was just what my child mind implanted in my psyche on my viewings back then, but they just seemed like an evil army to me. More so because of the song itself and the imagery along with it, less about the march. Goose-stepping alone is not enough to directly evoke Nazis in my opinion.

But if there's even a chance that some piece of shit MAGA neo-nazi could be offended, well we gotta cut it you know. It goes against what this movie is meant to be. This movie is meant to be nothing but money, just like all the others.

Oct 26, 2017
Disney cancels the Star Wars side stories because of Solo (which was actually really damn good) but keeps rehashing mediocre remakes.

Fuck this world.

You say this like Disney is one team. The team that works on Star Wars is not the same as the one that works on the remakes of classic stories.

Furthermore, it's ignoring that Solo had a very pathetic box office run relative to its marketing and production budgets. If they're still doing remakes, it's because they smell money in doing them.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that there was not a mainstream portion of the public in the 90s that actively identified with the imagery surrounding Nazism. Fascists back then were treated as impossible cartoon villains, not a prominent political group.

You think people are gonna start hailing Scar as a neonazi hero or something? Come on man. The non-inclusion of the entire Be Prepared sequence as it was is just a sign of being weak and toothless.

I've honestly never understood it myself. I never even related that sequence to Nazis specifically. Maybe it was just what my child mind implanted in my psyche on my viewings back then, but they just seemed like an evil army to me. More so because of the song itself and the imagery along with it, less about the march. Goose-stepping alone is not enough to directly evoke Nazis in my opinion.

But if there's even a chance that some piece of shit MAGA neo-nazi could be offended, well we gotta cut it you know. It goes against what this movie is meant to be. This movie is meant to be nothing but money, just like all the others.

Sadly.

snowdrift

Mar 30, 2019
canada
This is not surprising. I'm an animation student and even to me there's something very offputting about the animals in this film (not even touching how awful and washed out the scenery is compared to the OG). Its weird to me that Aslan in Narnia looks totally fine to me but here its just kinda... eugh

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame. Disney Animation Studios could have done a fantastic 3D animated remake.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

Damn, I'm no longer in a hurry to see this movie. They took a real banger, and turned it into a short, scary speech.

I was waiting for the break down, and it never came, it just ended.

I'm gutted. Like, where are my xylophone bones ? Where's the marching chorus?

Seems like they just filled in the scene when they saw th2 backlash of the song's absence.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame. Disney Animation Studios could have done a fantastic 3D animated remake.
Imagine if they had Pixar do it...

These would be the studios I would want to be doing their original ideas, as Pixar will be in the next few years at least, not doing remakes.

I don't mind the remakes being made as they are now, I really don't think we are being robbed of great films that would have been made if they didn't exist.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
That is a type. I suspected they put in the song at the last minute when they were thinking about cutting the song.

Oh I gotcha!

Edit : I see now that Elton John originally named only 4 Classic songs to be included, and Be Prepared wasnt one of them.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You think people are gonna start hailing Scar as a neonazi hero or something? Come on man. The non-inclusion of the entire Be Prepared sequence as it was is just a sign of being weak and toothless.

Those realistic hyenas marching would've looked corny as hell lmao. Still should've went for it though.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Damn, I'm no longer in a hurry to see this movie. They took a real banger, and turned it into a short, scary speech.

I was waiting for the break down, and it never came, it just ended.

I'm gutted. Like, where are my xylophone bones ? Where's the marching chorus?

Oh my god, it's fucking horrible.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019

Sadly.
I don't think that is the reason. In that sequence you had marching Hyena's by the hundreds in Nazi style. And I don't think that they could do this in this movie because they have gone for the realistic angle. So how would they do that sequence in this movie.It just would not work.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has a huge interest in African wildlife, I'm 100% here for the photorealistic design choice. My favorite part of the Jungle Book was the accurate depiction of different bird species. Assuming that will be the case here (as the previews suggest), I'll likely be thrilled with it.

I have an interest coming from a similar place after the Jungle Book. It's basically if they still made movies about trained animals, like Homeward Bound or whatever, but the animals were able to do more impressive choreography, have have more realistic mouth syncing (like some of those types of movies would do, often to distracting effect), and a massive cast of animals with no concerns about ethical treatment of the animals or the behavior of the animal cast since they are all CG.

It seemed clear the approach that the movie would be going for after Jungle Book so I just can't understand the criticisms of the animals not being expressive enough or animated enough when usually those kinds of animations look even more out of place the more realistic it looks (see: Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle).

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have an interest coming from a similar place after the Jungle Book. It's basically if they still made movies about trained animals, like Homeward Bound or whatever, but the animals were able to do more impressive choreography, have have more realistic mouth syncing (like some of those types of movies would do, often to distracting effect), and a massive cast of animals with no concerns about ethical treatment of the animals or the behavior of the animal cast since they are all CG.

It seemed clear the approach that the movie would be going for after Jungle Book so I just can't understand the criticisms of the animals not being expressive enough or animated enough when usually those kinds of animations look even more out of place the more realistic it looks (see: Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle).
But The Lion King is not accurate to real life animals so you better just watch a documentary

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Fuck this world.

Thats cause these madiocre movies keep making bank. Aladdin is gonna hit a billion FFS.

You can bet your ass we'd still be getting a crapton of SW films if Solo did well, critic reviews be damned.