• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? That garbage-looking goop is an insult to one of Disney's greatest character designs.

zubee3hkongmcjwkvlow.jpg

Alright compared to the original I can see that argument. However the post sating that it's no better than the monstrosity that is Sonic is hyperbole of the highest order.

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
Any idea what they've done with
Simba's dad appearing in the clouds? Did they keep that supernatural aspect or did they try something more "realistic"
From what I saw the cloud is "somewhat" formed within a lightning storm so when a bolt goes off in the cloud you see the outline of the eyes, mouth, mane etc

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This hurts. I loved Jungle Book and I was extremely excited about a version of Lion King like that as its my favourite Disney movie. It's lost all the warmth and charm, damnit :(

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
This hurts. I loved Jungle Book and I was extremely excited about a version of Lion King like that as its my favourite Disney movie. It's lost all the warmth and charm, damnit :(

This for me. Quite enjoyed Jungle Book and expected the talent and creatives to see this through to similar success. Such a shame.

I guess this is a reminder to grab that 4K Blu Ray of the 1994 disc soon.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
God I feel bad for not just Jon but also the crew and cast. I really hope that the cast continue to work for Disney as they seem to have fun working on the remake.

I will still see this when Disney+ launches.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
To my complete surprise, this film is also getting dumpstered in Letterboxd user reviews.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God I feel bad for not just Jon but also the crew and cast. I really hope that the cast continue to work for Disney as they seem to have fun working on the remake.

I will still see this when Disney+ launches.
Why should anyone feel sorry for Jon? He's the egomaniac that thought he could remake The Lion King and do it better. Like this. With these choices.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they just take the OG movies, perfectly redraw them with some super 8k bullshit technology with even smoother animation and slap that in cinema?

Jungle Book was okay but everything else is bargain bin tier.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Why should anyone feel sorry for Jon? He's the egomaniac that thought he could remake The Lion King and do it better. Like this. With these choices.
I highly doubt that's the mindset he went in with. This is probably a paycheck gig, just like the rest of these live-action remakes. No one is trying to make their "vision" happen.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in this thread who progressively likes the new version of "Be prepared" the more you listen to it? (Or at least changed the "This fucking sucks" initial view)?

In a vacuum its fine. A great performed by the voice actor imo. But I hate it for what it isn't.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
How else would you describe someone that wakes up one day and thinks to themselves "I think I'm go and remake the Lion fucking King today."
Do you really think that he fought tooth and nail to have his vision on board with this flick? Disney needed somebody to remake The Lion King, and he proved he could do it after the success of The Jungle Book. I do not doubt that Disney came to him and he saw the dollar signs, I don't think he had any grand intentions of outdoing the classic film.

god damn it, I picked this movie for a date next week
Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be such an utter pile of shit that you'll both have a laugh together!

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
How else would you describe someone that wakes up one day and thinks to themselves "I think I'm go and remake the Lion fucking King today."

I don't know about that. If Disney carted in wheelbarrows of cash through my front door, I too would most definitely take a shot at doing a Lion King remake, and I've got the artistic talent of a frog. I doubt Jon went to Disney and asked to make this film, and instead I want to believe the success of Jungle Book made Disney make him an offer he couldn't reasonably say no to.

Nov 1, 2017
It's funny that Favs made Chef, a movie about the benefits of scaling back to your roots and doing your own independent thing, and since has only made $200 million Disney IP blockbusters

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The only thing I thought when I found out this was happening is
how bad is the lion trampling scene? Does anyone want to see a realistic lion getting trampled?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt that's what went down

I bet it was more Disney asking if he'd like to handle the project in exchange for a couple million dollars

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god damn it, I picked this movie for a date next week
If you hate it and your date hates it, you'll have something to talk about afterwards.
If you hate it and your date loves it, you'll have an easy reason to start a fight and distance yourself from them.

Either way, my advice would be to be super combative about the movie.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any evidence that Favreau pitched the idea, or did Disney conceive it and then hire him? Because his pet projects seem nothing like TLK/TJB.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any evidence that Favreau pitched the idea, or did Disney conceive it and then hire him? Because his pet projects seem nothing like TLK/TJB.
Honestly I'm just talking nonsense, I have no idea. I know that Favreau's involvement was announced before they hired a screenwriter.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Just reacted to that. He just seems like the epitome of "hired director" to me that I never for a second thought this was his brainchild.

What's the last Disney film that seems to be the product of a director over that of the producers? Thor: Ragnarok?