• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Considering that's Aladdin and The Lion King (the two together), I'm assuming Aladdin is the Genesis version since both are Virgin Entertainment games;

Capcom's Aladdin on SNES is not related

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I too am glad we will get both the superior SNES Aladdin and the inferior (but still good) Megadrive version.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
figured something was up when the DOS versions of those games got delisted from Steam a month or two back. interested to see more

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That Lion King game is so fucking hard

to hell with that giraffe level

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing something because everyone seems to believe this Twitter account with 300 followers

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it whenever we get a remake of classics ppl feel the need to nostalgia police and state the games weren't good now y'all will see lol

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Can I stop you right there...
I wonder if Aladdin will come with the extra content from the GBA release?

To shake my hand and compliment me on my objectively correct opinion? Sure!
The last "Genesis vs. SNES Aladdin" thread on ERA had Genesis win.

And we all know ERA is the world.
I feel like I'm missing something because everyone seems to believe this Twitter account with 300 followers
This. But I'm inclined to believe that someone with the confidence to tag Wario64 isn't just making something up out of the blue.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
The Lion King game is infuriating but I don't recall the Genesis Aladdin game being all that bad. Sure it might not feel as responsive/tight to control as the Capcom game, but I didn't think it was much of an issue.

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
I played through the snes aladdin again recently and I couldn't believe how well it stood up. It has really fluid movement.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they are going for the original animated movie looks and not for current movie looks. :/

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Aladdin on Megadrive is one of my all time favourite games and it still holds up today. Played through it recently on my Mega SG and it's simply a beautiful and well crafted game.

Anyone saying the SNES one was better needs their heads examined lol jk

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Remakes that hopefully don't suck like their respective film remakes.

Can we also get Ducktales Remastered back up on stores in October as well please?

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
It plays like other Virgin games around that time like Cool Spot, Global Gladiators, etc., which is to say it plays just fine.

I played through Aladdin pretty recently and I was pretty aghast by the collision detection. It rears its ugly head, in particular, around the point of the dungeon stage with the retracting platforms. also, those fuckin' bats.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I enjoyed both versions of Aladdin so I'am glad they are both in, The Lion King was to frustrating to be enjoyable however.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet if true, love the MD version of aladdin (and replayed it when I got my Mega SG, still holds up to me.
Not so interested in the snes version as it was way too easy.

Will be interesting to see what tack the remakes take. Would love it to be pixel art but I doubt it. Will probably be the more cartoony style used for Streets of Rage 4 (which I don't like for SoR but will at least fit Aladdin)

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Aladdin yes of course, LK nope, it was too hard to be enjoyable

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I'll play the shit out of the Genesis Aladdin and then play ten minutes of the Genesis Lion King and say fuck this shit.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom and Virgin games? Im confused.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I have some serious nostalgia for the Lion King game. Excited to see these in action.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
BTW one of the Devs Play videos that Double Fine did was about The Lion King, where they go into a lot of behind the scenes stuff about it.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I used to play that Lion King game a lot as a kid, it was one of the first games I ever finished, no idea if it holds up anymore but I'd give it a shot.