• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Shevek

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Speaking of Ragnar products, Draugen comes out next week and there's literally 0 buzz. Hasn't been mentioned here in months and the release date news got like 8 posts. Hasn't been mentioned in the news in months.

The coverage of this game has been terrible! The only reason I even remembered that it was being released soon is because I happened to recently check Ragnar's Twitter feed.

I really hope the game succeeds and generates enough buzz upon release to be successful for the studio. Ragnar's been pretty open on Twitter about how insanely difficult it has been running an independent studio, and they deserve the success and then some imo

amazing, this was done with that AI resizing trick everyones playing around with nowadays? I'm really impressed at how little artifacting there is.

Yep, the results are pretty damn amazing. I really hope we get to see more games receive this kind of improvement from communities. Commandos is one that immediately springs to mind as a series that would great with this kind of treatment.

Now I just wish we would get a proper game for April like the Longest Journey Home, but alas Ragnar & Co. appear to be done with the universe.

Sadly this does appear to be the case, yes :(

It's funny of all the GK games GK2 ends up looking the best these days thanks to it's FMV (though the wolf models look quite dated now lol).

I still think even GK3's visuals hold up, albeit just barely and in its own peculiar way lol. I also imagine the original GK1 could look great with the kind of upscaling that TLJ received

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
AS I posted in another thread, I just wanted to inform people that Red Thread's next game is called Dustborn and will be a third-person singleplayer game with a woman protagonist - it recently got funding by government so that's how we got all the details: https://www.nfi.no/tildelinger/produksjon/spill/dustborn

"The year is 2030, three decades since the environmental catastrophe that changed everything and created a new subclass, 'Dustborn'. You play Pax: prison bird, small criminal, outcast - born with superhuman powers she never asked for and which is as much a burden as a gift. With the help of a group of outcast revolutionaries, she must smuggle an important package past the fascist regime that is hunting for her.

Dustborn is a third-person, single-player, future-western; a road trip across a split land; a politically charged adventure with a stylized cartoon aesthetic in a colorful dystopian vision of a world not miles from our own. "

If anyone wants to make a new thread with this news, be my guest

OP
OP
Shevek

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
AS I posted in another thread, I just wanted to inform people that Red Thread's next game is called Dustborn and will be a third-person singleplayer game with a woman protagonist - it recently got funding by government so that's how we got all the details: https://www.nfi.no/tildelinger/produksjon/spill/dustborn

"The year is 2030, three decades since the environmental catastrophe that changed everything and created a new subclass, 'Dustborn'. You play Pax: prison bird, small criminal, outcast - born with superhuman powers she never asked for and which is as much a burden as a gift. With the help of a group of outcast revolutionaries, she must smuggle an important package past the fascist regime that is hunting for her.

Dustborn is a third-person, single-player, future-western; a road trip across a split land; a politically charged adventure with a stylized cartoon aesthetic in a colorful dystopian vision of a world not miles from our own. "

If anyone wants to make a new thread with this news, be my guest

I had no idea about this but it sounds awesome! That's probably where this character is from:

I wonder if they're still working on Svalbard? We've had no news or trailers about the game since they announced it