• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back when MTV actually showed music videos, music videos were pretty awesome and unique. Like Take on Me and Sledgehammer. Nightmare fuel like Land of Confusion.

And songs typically had more than 1 verse and 1 chorus repeated a few times for 3 minutes, but this isnt about how modern songs blow ANYWAYS ;) Its a joke, calm down.

So yeah lets post some favorite music videos.

I'll start with one of the most famous:

Also:

and of course

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020
Artists still make amazing music videos because kids listen to music via YouTube a hell of a lot more than they used to watch MTV.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019

Remember that time in Beauty in the Beast when the Beast drove a motorcycle through a wall?

broadwayrock

Oct 27, 2017
Back when MTV actually showed music videos, music videos were pretty awesome and unique. Like Take on Me and Sledgehammer. Nightmare fuel like Land of Confusion.

And songs typically had more than 1 verse and 1 chorus repeated a few times for 3 minutes, but this isnt about how modern songs blow ANYWAYS ;) Its a joke, calm down.

So yeah lets post some favorite music videos.

I'll start with one of the most famous:

Take on Me was directed by a music video director name Steve Barron who also directed these:

He was a really good visual storyteller who didnt just lazily visualize the lyrics of a song on screen

Oct 27, 2017
I think Music Videos are still incredibly creative even in the mainstream space, with the exception of major US pop artists. You just need to know where to look. MTV use to be a great aggregate of the best, but since MVs were pushed into the digital space, its up to the user to find the gems themselves.

It's tougher, but they're all still out there.

Ooooh, I had no idea Vossi Bop had a MV, and I had no idea it was so well shot/directed.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a unique, recent music video (and song) that I absolutely adored, in part for being so dang weird. I've watched it multiple times now:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Coffee and TV is my fav. video of all time. Somehow I still manage to tear up every time I watch this lol

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Art when we're in something of a resurgence?

There's been some killer videos for the last 5-10 years.

This isn't the best one, but it just came out recently

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There's still a ton of great music videos coming out all the time...they're just not on MTV.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
For the longest time I've wanted to make a music video voting thread (the kind where you make a short list and we add them all up to see), but I don't really know how to run one of those.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
www.youtube.com

Annie Lennox - Walking on Broken Glass (Official Video)

Annie Lennox - Walking On Broken Glass (Official Video)Listen on Spotify - http://smarturl.it/Lennox_SPTTListen on Apple Music - http://smarturl.it/Lennox_AM...

www.youtube.com

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime (Official Video)

Music video by Queensryche performing Operation: Mindcrime.#Queensryche #OperationMindcrime #Vevo

www.youtube.com

Robert Tepper - No Easy Way out

Robert Tepper's official music video for 'No Easy Way Out'. Click to listen to Robert Tepper on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/RTSpot?IQid=RTNEWAs featured on N...

Tepper going off in that warehouse

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unique music videos haven't gone anywhere, there's just no big event for them Like when MTV would do premiers back in the day. Which is sorta sad, but that era also lead to some shady practices.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Echoing the sentiment of some in here that the art of the music video isn't lost, OP just isn't looking hard enough

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
How about some animated videos?

One of my favorite music videos ever, and the only Pearl Jam song I like.

I remember being shown this back in college and being blown away by the unique animation style.

And the all-time classic.