• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely up there as one of the recommended classics, yeah, next to stuff like An American Werewolf in London

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Love The Lost Boys

I'm also gonna give a big vampire shout-out to John Carpenter's Vampires. Although it's hard to rewatch these days because of James Woods

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
I always confuse The Lost Boys with Near Dark. Both are great tho. RIP Bill Paxton. :(

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
it's not even like top 50 horror films but...

...UUUUUNNNCCHAAAAAIIINNN ME 'A SISTER

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a t-shirt that has some kind of B&W mock ad poster of the concert on the beach. And the soundtrack.

tumblr_nspuc4w5Co1thr7ppo1_500.jpg

I don't think it's a great horror movie, but it's an extremely good period piece that happens to be horror.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid I had Lost Boys and Monster Squad on the same VHS tape, it was a amazing

Like a lot of studio horror films, it gets by on the ability to produce spectacle on a budget that most horror films couldn't dream of while not for one second being remotely scary and not having much going on between the ears otherwise. Despite being about vampires, it's rather toothless and can come off as a slightly more adult take on The Goonies, though I can't knock it much since that's pretty much what it wants to be in the first place. It does look and sound rather good, and the humor does land quite often, even if my choice for the film's best joke (that evil vampires would worship Jim Morrison over more satanic icons) may not actually be one.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm head Frog here"
I wouldn't consider it a horror movie, more a horror comedy, but it is a quality movie.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I love the film, Keifer is great, as was Edward Herrmann.

It's amazing how well it's held up compared to other films of it's era.