• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Yeah Normal seems pretty easy for regular battles. Is Hard much different? I will say some of the boss battles have been tough. Actually got destroyed by the early boss Hastur the first time.

Hard Mode is busted. On Normal, bosses can be challenging at times but overall quite doable and the Ruins 'bosses' are challenging, sometimes wiping me at times depending on what enemy the boss uses on that floor.. Switching to Hard mode means that you'll probably get wiped in a few turns due to bosses having high damaging aoes, multiple turns and high crit rates. If you don't believe me, next time you get to boss, swap to hard for the first attempt, get wiped, then switch back to Normal. It's ridiculous. Normal enemies are pretty fine and they can make you worry if you're not paying attention, but they felt fair enough in the first dungeon. After getting pounded by Hastur 5 times in a row though, I switched it back to normal and only looked back once, which was when I got to the Umeda miniboss and swapped back to hard just to see if it balanced out by this point.

It did not.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I've played about 4 or 5 hours over the past few days and yeah the difficulty curve is really weird. The normal battles are a cake walk which lured me into a false sense of security. Went into the first boss, Hestur or whatever it was called without going back to buy items or restore MP and got decimated. To be honest even after i did go out to heal up it wasnt that easy due to spamming his silly wind aoe. Though I might have been underlevelled since i didnt exactly battle too many normal enemies due to their ease.

I've not gotten to another boss since but the normal encounters in other areas were easy too.

Edit: Sigh, got to the next boss, beat it but the game froze up after saying you won in the battle log....

Last edited:

Hickem

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Any help for
befriending bosses? How can i obtain the items for unlocking the boss we fought?

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably pick this up when I get a Switch. It'll be nice to play a budget dungeon crawler that doesn't ask me to fondle 14 year old girls through the touchscreen.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Finished the game a bit ago. I thought it was decent, but it definitely has problems. I ended up using Enoch, Echidna and Yamaoto-Takeru like the whole game even though there are a ton of Astrals to choose from since I had no real incentive to change due to the game being so easy. Probably not going to bother with the 100 floor bonus dungeon.

How long did it take you?

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
Does anyone know how to complete the Tokyo's Hidden Demon investigation? I believe it's the last one I have to do for unlocking the trophy.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Get:

D2CBmFMXQAAq9yI.jpg

No book. :( Hyped to start it, though. Sorry, Oreshika.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
This game is so Soul Hackers that I'm surprised Atlus didn't sue somebody.

D3KHo28WkAEp2IT.jpg

Also, I got curbstomped at R'yleh Road. Tried to go to 2F, found no way out, got overwhelmed, died horribly. And then it crashed.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I wasn't lying when I made that comparison in the op!
No kidding. How did a blatant SMT clone end up as the sequel to El Shaddai?

You know; playing El Shaddai made me feel like that someone had an idea for an interesting story in their head, but due to budget constraints instead just blew the budget on special effects. Then, I find out that this is a sort'of sequel? I'll admit, it's an incredibly bizarre series. (With one of the most anti-climatic endings I've ever seen.)

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Picked this up in the recent eShop sale. Only played up to the first boss, but getting very strong Soul Hackers vibes.

Playing on Hard mode and it's definitely challenging. Getting Matador vibes with the first boss in that you really need to build your characters properly & prepare your party for it.

Not sure how to allocate stats with the 2 characters. Enemies in Hard mode seem to get a large boost to all stats, so I'm guessing Speed & Evade are worthless to invest in unless you invest heavily in them (enemies always seem to hit & go first). Crit seems like a strong choice since astrals don't gain crit with levels and base crit is low so even with a little investment, crits are really frequent. Attack & Magic Attack seem like musts if you want to deal damage with those (the regular +2 per level & equipment bonus isn't cutting it, even with crits). Defense & Magic Defense seem useful, but there's not enough points to spare to boost booth and still be useful.

I'm thinking +3 Attack & +2 Crit for the MC. Not sure how to build Lua. Normally, I'd think she was meant to be a mage, but her MP is really low compared to magic-focused Astrals & with the Astrals, you can let them die & re-summon them to refill their MP. And both characters have weapons with interesting effects (already, I've gotten a weapon that hits 3 times & a weapon that hits an entire row) so I'm wondering if it might be best to just build her for regular attacks & just use her for attacks & support magic.