• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Just heard about this and knew I had to share as survival horror & dinosaurs is always a perfect combination (Especially when the developers themselves say Dino Crisis is an inspiration). The game was awarded an Epic Megagrant to help with development.

Between the use of dinosaurs (something I obviously always love to see) and doing something new with the setting being a japaense research facility. I'm very excited to see more.

Some Information via their Faq

What genre is The Lost Wild?
We describe The Lost Wild as a survival horror adventure game, taking inspiration from the likes of Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Trespasser, and Alien: Isolation. We are putting our own unique spin on the genre, adding a cinematic quality akin to Jurassic Park, while lightly borrowing on the adventure and narrative elements from games like Half Life and Firewatch.

What's The Lost Wild about?
The Lost Wild is a survival horror adventure game about overcoming nature's most formidable forms of life. Using systemic AI to support our core gameplay loops, our dinosaurs react and behave like animals, not monsters. Explore an overgrown Japanese research facility nestled in a lush wilderness. Scavenge locations and find valuable items. Combine what you find to create makeshift contraptions to give you a fighting chance. Be resourceful, endure, intimidate and outwit to find a means of escape.

Is The Lost Wild open world?
The world is largely based on a "Hub and Spoke" design that allows for paced and controlled storytelling while supporting the systemic nature of the AI encounters. With a sprawling, multi-pathed approach to our world design, we reward and promote thorough exploration and backtracking while enabling our AI systems to surprise and thrill the player. From overgrown maze-like structures to lush open vistas, expect nonlinear exploration underscored by a cinematic and mostly linear narrative.

greenlight_flare.jpg

carlot_sc.png

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Despite dinosaurs being in more games now, it's been a while since there has been a linear single-player game so this intrigues me. That's cool that the studio is focused on avoiding crunch and have a hybrid WFH/WFO setup. Glad to see more Brighton based devs.
5LfJa73.png

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
I've been waiting for a game like this God knows how many years.
I hope they find a publisher asap, game looks promising.

Thanks Capcom for sleeping on my goat, in the meantime.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Only just came across this on my YouTube feed and had to see if someone had posted it.

Looks like they're trying to do Jurassic Park: Trespasser - only, you know, right.