• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I got the call that the sunshine & love of my life, my best buddy, my bedrock and companion for the last 7 years (anniversary of when we first met would've been on December 14th) passed away, weakened by a disease that proved to be too much, even though doctors had said just the night before that things were looking to be on an upwards trajectory.

In many ways we were perfect for each other. Both equally goofy and dumb with each other. Deep neverwavering love and support. Never any need for either one to pretend to be something we're not. In past relationships I've never felt 100% comfortable (probably more because of my insecurities), but here I could just be my dumb, flawed self. Of course we got annoyed at each other and occasionally argued but it never got too nasty and we always ended up talking things through.

We'll never talk again. We'll never just stare at each other's eyes. We'll never hug tightly when the other one is going away for awhile. We'll never just lay on the couch together on a lazy Sunday afternoon. We'll never laugh together at something totally dumb. We'll never get wasted on some weekends and have to wonder where all the bumps and bruises had come the next morning.

Gone. Just gone. Forever. I knew this day would come sooner rather than later but you always hope for more. Just a month ago it seemed like we would still have at least a couple more years.

At least our last words were "love you and a thousand hugs and kisses". There was a time a year ago when I was afraid this had happened and I thought I had ignored the last phone call I was going to get. Luckily at least I got to do this part right in the end.

Just needed to tell this to someone. I'll probably log off this site for some time. To grieve and try to figure how to go on. If I can go on.

Bye all.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
All the love and strength to you, friend. Truly cannot imagine what you're feeling right now.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I know how you feel all too well OP. I lost my girlfriend last year in November. It's so hard, everything feels unfair but hang in there. Thank you for sharing and my condolences.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for your loss. Sorry you're going through this. This is one of my biggest fears and even thinking about it is terrible. I can only imagine how you are feeling.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
I am so, so sorry for your loss. Everyone grieves differently and I won't presume to tell you how to cope. If you need someone to talk to, know that I am (and, I'm sure, many others here are) always here to listen.

<3

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
So sorry OP. 😞
If you have the strength is there anything else about this person you can tell us about? Sometimes that helps even telling strangers.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking sucks, dude. I wish you the best in putting the pieces back together over time. Until then, take these positive vibes from across the internet.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. My most heartfelt condolences to you. Allow yourself the time to grieve. We're here if you need to talk.

please consider seeking help to accompany you through these difficult times.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am so sorry, buddy. It's good that y'all had good last words. That's something to be thankful for, and something many folks don't get. Life is fickle and unfairly finite.

I know you want time to process, but if you need to talk, pm myself or anyone else who has offered the same in this thread.

Also: the best thing you can do is go on and live for the both of you.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's just awful and horrible to hear, OP :(

Deepest condolences, and I hope you find some peace safely through the grieving.

Era is here if you need us

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like someone really important in your life. I hope you'll find time to grieve and be able to cope with this, we'd love to have you back when you are feeling up to it.

Vegeto

Oct 26, 2017
Frankfurt
Honestly? I have no idea what to say, I cannot imagine how this must feel, probably the worst experience you have a as human being. Life is so precious and sometimes I feel like most people are not aware of it.

I wish you all the best, you will get through this at some point, until then try to stay strong.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So sorry to hear this OP. I'm at a loss for words right now. My deepest condolences. I'm glad your last memory of her is a positive and beautiful one though. Stay strong, brother ❤️️.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have the same kind of relationship than what you describe with my GF and the thought of losing her one day makes me so anxious.

I'm sorry man, there are no words that can make you feel better. But I feel for ya and I hope you'll get through this.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I believe you can go on. I couldn't begin to put myself in your shoes but there must be support groups for people who are surviving this kind of thing.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the hugs. Just let everything out, lean on anyone you can, vent, vent, vent! Support groups can be great too. Also, PM any time, vent as much as you like!

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Famassu you have a support system here if you want it. If not, that's 100% understandable, but take advantage of it if you need/want.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry OP. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. Stay strong as much as you can but take all the time in the world to grieve. Again, I am truly very sorry for your loss.

Nov 21, 2017
I am at a loss for words... I almost lost the love of my life three years ago. Drunk driver smashed into her car. She had to be cut out of the wreck, while the drunk walked to the ambulance. She suffered a traumatic brain-injury that still affects her, but thank God she is alive, and recovered incredibly well given the initial expectations. It was the toughest year of my life, even though she survived. Can't imagine what I would have felt if she had died.

My condolences, OP. Stay strong.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
So sorry for your loss :(
It's good at least that both of you had the chance to say good bye to each other.
Do take your time to heal and know that we're always here if you need a company.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My deepest condolences, Famassu. Take time to heal. Take time to cry about it. The pain you feel never go away. But it it will hurt less as the years go by. We're here if you need to vent

Last edited:

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't even imagine and it's probably one of my greatest fears right now. I sincerely hope you can make it through this and cherish the good times you had together.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Hey I posted a thread about 5 months ago for the same reason. I know you're going through a nightmare and let me tell you it will be awful, probably for a long long time, but at least there are so many support options out there. I'm a bit of a hypocrite and don't use many of them but I am fond of the widowers Reddit. If you ever want you are welcome to private message me though I'm probably not a lot of help either.

I am so so sorry for your loss.

Namea

Dec 2, 2017
Painful to read this. It's the scariest thing I can think of. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Take all the time you need and allow yourself to feel everything that shows up in the process.
I hope that the love you felt for each other will carry you through the dark times.

Oct 29, 2017
I am sorry for your loss. Folks online used to say "don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

But, just cry, OP, cry, mourn, and cry some more. It's okay.

And when you're done crying, smile because it happened.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know what to say OP. I can't imagine such a loss.

Your relationship sounds beautiful though. Something we all aspire to. Cherish the memories you have, some people never even meet somebody that wonderful. You had all those amazing years, as tragic as it is you didn't have more.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm so sorry Famassu. My deepest condolences, it's a wound that will never fully close and you're justified in all you're feeling now.

I lost my closest friend and support when I was younger and fear losing my partner in life now. I can't imagine what you're going through. Don't hold anything in and allow yourself the space and time to grieve.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry for your lost. I hope you, and everyone he loved find comfort that he's no longer suffering. He loves you and he would want you to live your life fully.

For both you and him.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through now.

Lean on your family and friends. Take the time to grieve.