• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you ship it?

• Yes

Votes: 224 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 17.0%
  • I want to see more about Yellow Toad and Blue Toad

Votes: 247 50.5%

• Total voters

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GameXplain posted the opening cutscene of Luigi's Mansion 3, which is just delightful. Have a look if you haven't yet (minor spoilers obviously)

Something that really stuck out to me though is that after some recent attempts from Nintendo to downplay the idea of a romantic relationship between Mario and Peach, this trailer seems to go the other way and shows them the closest I've seen them in a game in a long time.

A few observations.
Granted, this isn't EPD developed and Mario is pretty fast and loose with canon anyway, but it looks like maybe after Odyssey, Mario had to face some hard truths about feeling entitled to Peach and they're kind of starting fresh now that some time has passed.

Anyway, this is Mario we're talking about, so I doubt any of this sticks in the long run, but I'm a sucker for character development and this made me smile.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait for the weird official lore from Nintendo about this.

Miyamoto: "Mario is actually Peach's concubine and has been since he was 18 (now 24) as per a debt Mario's parents owed to the royal family.

Please enjoy"

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Mario series is done. It's like in Caroline in the City when she finally got with her comic strip artist. No reason to keep up anymore.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Needed to use every Mario exclamation possible in the span of 6 seconds, did they?

Luigi sounded a bit weird, maybe Martinet needed to shift him a bit for all the new voice clips.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lmao jesus. Poor Mario has a debilitating condition where he can only speak in catchphrases and canned expressions.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
The animation is great but finding out a way just so Mario can say "Lets a go" in a cutscene is annoying. I'm not asking for dialogue, just less.. wahoo in response to everything.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario probably doesn't even wash his clothes. Or relies on his more responsible brother to pick up the slack.

sirronoh

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not seeing it. Mario (i.e. men) and Peach (i.e. women) can't be close, non-romantic friends now?

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more concerned about who thought it was a good idea to let Toad drive. He can't even see past the goddamn wheel.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Peach were about to have that wild vacation sex

The headboard banging against the wall would've kept Luigi awake

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
God I love that Luigi is the fifth wheel and has an invisible dog as a friend. I love him

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Luigi being the third-wheel on Mario and Peach's romantic vacation is kind of perfect.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
tenor.gif

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think in SMO, Nintendo made it clear where they stand on any Mario/peach relationship.

Everything in the video is super circumstantial. All it proves is they have A+ rapport between each other.