• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite RE ENGINE redesign:

• Leon Kennedy

Votes: 399 23.1%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 649 37.5%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 289 16.7%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 345 20.0%
  • Chris Redfield

Votes: 46 2.7%

• Total voters

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think with chris it's different. They weren't originally making him as a full playable character for a remake, and re7 was going for a different look. Plus he is older there. Let's see if they remake CV.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris is unrecognisable and awful all over.
Ada is worse than her original RE2 outfit which was much more practical.
Claire isn't a Redhead anymore.
Jill is generic and boring.

So I'll go Leon, because his design is 90% his hair and they did that right.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ada Wong is still the most pitch perfect translation of the RE characters into the RE Engine. If there's any argument speaking for the more "realistic models", then she personifies it. Leon looks a little bit off in some areas, but he still looks good and he definitely exudes a "novice" exterior compared to his subsequent chronological appearances.

All the other ones are pretty mediocre. I've warmed up to Claire a little bit over the year, especially since they were already moving towards that kind of design with Rev 2, but Jill's original design is so ingrained into the series at this point that I don't think I'll ever get used to how different the new one is, especially given how it feels too comparable to a lot of other contemporary female characters. Chris' is the only one that surpasses it in how much it deviates from the original and it's by far the worst of the lot, they really ought to get a mulligan on that one.

Last edited:

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Ada regressed to heels, so it can't be her.
Claire lost her hotpants, so it has the most progress.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
jill, she looks realistic, but also looks like she's a hardened bad ass.
claire is derpy.
leon just doesn't match my vision of him at all (neither did RE4 for that matter)
ada is fine, nothing special, about what i expected.
and chris...

...chris is a fucking travesty. lol

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Claire and Jill's redesigns. Leon and Ada are great too. Chris' is awful and needs a new design.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Ada > Leon > Claire > Jill >>>> Chris.

Chris is the only one I don't care for. Ada looks amazing. I'm really curious to see an RE4-era Leon in this engine.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'd say I like all the re-designs except for Chris. I was in the group who thought initially this could be some kind of bait-and-switch when he first took the helmet off and said he was "Redfield."

My favourite is probably Leon. Still recognizable at a glance, when he popped up in the trailer I knew 100% that's my boi, but it's still a great re-design for what he'd look like as a young, rookie cop. The shorter hair, the baby face, and yet still the same brave, selfless Leon. Capcom nailed it. VA did an excellent job as well.

Though if we were talking all redesigns, my vote would actually be for Carlos who I think looks absolutely badass.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
KQa5nRG.png

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I think everyone agrees that Chris is the worst. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll alter him to look closer to the original though in future games.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is easily Ada Wong. They made a great design even better with how she looks in the RE2 remake. I want more campaigns with her, Capcom!

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
People are gonna vote Ada because ofcourse they are (and it is a fantastic design), but R2makes Leon is a GOAT character model.

The problem with Chris is that's it's so unrecognisable. It's a good looking guy they've used and it's not a bad model. It's just completely unrecognisable to the point were most people were outright confused by the reveal and it had to be confirmed outside the game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If they remake Code Veronica and it uses Nu-Chris' design with the only modification being his age, would people be pissed?

Anyway, I think Claire has the best design. Maybe tied with Leon. Ada and Jill are good too though.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If they remake Code Veronica and it uses Nu-Chris' design with the only modification being his age, would people be pissed?

Anyway, I think Claire has the best design. Maybe tied with Leon. Ada and Jill are good too though.
I was in denial over it being Chris in RE7 until they datamined it to confirm it, so yeah I'd be pissed but at the same time not surprised.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like any of them except Ada. They all have weird uncanny valley shit going on, they look too "perfect" or something. I can't precisely articulate why but I find this totally photorealistic approach off-putting.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
Jill is my fave so far, before her would be Leon.
Chris will probably get another redesign tbh since Remake 2 has started a new timeline.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
The characters models all look pretty amazing, technically they're some of the best I've seen.
In terms of personal preference though I'd have to rate Chris last, but the rest are pretty much equal.
So good.

KfokbPe.gif

Hi3y6kK.gif

dxxXtti.gif

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ada is perfection. The model's face they used is super cute and her outfits look even sexier. I didn't think they could surpass the original but they did.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Agreed, new Ada is perfection. Her debut and demeanor in RE2 is perfectly like how I envisioned it back then.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Voted Jill but she barely edges out Leon. Leon is a great modernization of his RE2 look but he had a good base to begin with whereas with Jill they took a god awful design and made it look great. Clair and Chris are both fine but not amazing, though I do like they've moved Chris far away from the monstrosity in 5. And Ada's red dress look has always been bad and I was bummed they didn't do more to change her.

Jill > Leon > Chris > Claire> Ada.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I voted Claire, and to me it has to be either Claire or Jill, just for the inclusion of pants. The original designs are overly sexualized and silly. I like everything about Ada now except for the high heels - that's stupid to think that anyone would go on a mission to Raccoon City like that in high heels.

Leon's design in my opinion has been consistently the best over the course of the franchise.