• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite RE ENGINE redesign:

• Leon Kennedy

Votes: 399 23.1%
  • Ada Wong

Votes: 649 37.5%
  • Jill Valentine

Votes: 289 16.7%
  • Claire Redfield

Votes: 345 20.0%
  • Chris Redfield

Votes: 46 2.7%

• Total voters

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Leon or Ada.

I dunno, the GCN-era models are the ones scorched into my mind so they are all kind of jarring to me.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
The actual Gen 1 Chris

charlie-kraslavsky-as-chris-redfield_5.png

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
The new Ada is great, Claire is good as well and the rest ist so-so. Except for Chris, I mean, what were they thinking?! He was already downgraded in 6 and the CGI movies, but this abomination is next level. Roidfield of RE5 was perfection, why would they even consider changing anything about that design? I just hope they never touch any RE with Wesker in it with the RE Engine. His RE5 design was flawless, absolute perfection. It just can't be improved any more.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Ada is perfect.

Leon and Claire look amazing.

Chris and Jill are completely different people and I never would have guessed it was them based on pictures alone.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Jill > Ada > Leon > Claire >>>>>>> "Chris"

Though counting Ada as part of the main 5 and not Barry...tsk, tsk!

Hopefully he'll still make a glorious appearance in R3make!

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I voted for Leon, but Ada and Claire are great too! The new Jill is okay, but I wish her face looked a bit closer to REmake, and she had a jacket tied around her waist. Who knows what they were thinking with Chris.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Chris is really the only one that doesn't work for me, and it's telling he's the one that doesn't look like himself too. Thankfully capcom managed to make the others really fit their iconic looks while having the realistic vibe to them.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Chris is the only bad one, and he was also the first to be redesigned. Leon's is the best, followed by Ada, Claire, and Jill. I like Jill's new face but I'm not a fan of the outfit. I wish they made it more distinct from Claire's RE2make outfit.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like them all minus Chris.

I like the new Jill here, but it's a major redesign, she doesn't even look like the actress they use to model her anymore.

Today's Claire have the nose of last gen Jill.

Ada is stellar.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Chris looks like a guy pretending he's Chris now. Chris is a frickin tank with a very recognizable hero voice, don't know who this dork is.

The rest are spot on. Leon looks a lot younger but eh.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
All of them are a downgrade except Ada.

Ada >>> Claire > Leon >>>> Jill >>>>>>>> Chris

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Jill new desing is just terrible, cant even stand looking at her

RIP Jill

Last edited:

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I like them all to be honest. Chris was the hardest to get used to, but that's mainly because of the detour he took during his roid days.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
The only right answer ADA.
Jill is factually worse and Ada is factually better. Others can be subjective

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Jill is fine. Just because she doesn't look like Julia Voth doesn't mean she looks bad. Her design is a huge improvement over Revelations Jill.