• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I disagree.

We were with Chewbacca for 3 full movies without knowing anything about his species, really. I think they could easily go an entire series without saying anything about his species, or very little anyway.

3 movies, not full seasons of television. Chewbacca also was a secondary character, he was cool but he wasn't central to the plot of the films. So far this whole show is about Mando and the Kid. I'm sure it's entirely possible Disney could keep the lid on the background for Yodas species, but I don't think they will.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 movies, not full seasons of television. Chewbacca also was a secondary character, he was cool but he wasn't central to the plot of the films. So far this whole show is about Mando and the Kid. I'm sure it's entirely possible Disney could keep the lid on the background for Yodas species, but I don't think they will.
Fair point. You're probably right, but for the sake of keeping some things sacred, I hope you're not. I'd be very happy if they were to maintain that secrecy, and the only things we found out about Baby Yoda are things we see from him as he develops as a character - not based on the species he is.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Probably coded to their DNA or something, seems to be beep more as a person gets closer to the target, so it has to be tied somehow to that person in some manner and if it was an implant ppl would just remove it. So possibly tied to the person biologically ?

Yeah, this makes the most sense. I could definitely see a blood draw being required by powerful figures making risky deals as an insurance measure. The only hiccup that I can see would be that it creates a situation where one would have had to already accessed the DNA of the target. In a case like The Child, it then calls into question how they got that DNA in the first place but lost the child. So I doubt they ever really explain the tech because it would require explaining more backstory detail that doesn't really serve the forward momentum of the story itself.

The type of storytelling this show operates on relies heavily on minimalism. It creates the tension, enhances the drama, and maintains the mystery that helps keep the audience returning episode after episode to get that next little bit of a reveal. It also makes it harder for the most critical minded audience members to pick it apart using minor detail conflicts.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More than 0.

Let's bring in the Mandalorian Slayer.

5v0ecFG.gif

Damn that is gnarly for a kids show. I really gotta finish Clone Wars.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was really bizarre with the timeslot it held that Rebels was so much tamer. They'd go out of their way to show most of the time that they somehow weren't killing Stormtroopers and mercs, despite blowing up plenty of ships and bombs. Felt like Saturday morning cartoon vs evening programming.
Hopefully Season 7 of TCW and further follow-ups don't keep that far to the scale and return to TCW/Mandalorian where they'll hide the brutal stuff and blood, but won't treat their audience like idiots.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, does the show drop earlier in different countries/timezones? Or is it a universal everyone gets it at 12AM PST

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just finished episode 4. Little behind due to some stuff but overall I liked it except Gina Carano's character. I just didn't enjoy her acting for some reason.

Hoping if she returns later in the season I'm feeling her character better.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished episode 4. Little behind due to some stuff but overall I liked it except Gina Carano's character. I just didn't enjoy her acting for some reason.

Hoping if she returns later in the season I'm feeling her character better.
She's just not a good actress. Not sure why she got the role. There are countless other great actresses out there.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Clone Wars gets pretty dark. Sometimes bizarrely so, lol. Like, there's an episode where a villain character gets tagged with an explosive attached to a knife and you straight up see them explode into blood and chunks, down to seeing the remains of their head.

Keep in mind that it's part of an arc that heavily involves Jar Jar hyjinks.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped for this episode but really hope it's a big step up from the last. Episode 4 was a bit concerning. The shows been going downhill for me since it started. I liked every episode a little less each one. Episode one was too good. Still loving the show overall but I found 4 hugely disappointing

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. Fix your server propagation, Disney. Some of us stay up until 3am for these episodes to go live...

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So..

random mando or Boba at the end? This might be the "rival" that was mentioned in the synopsis of a later episode. I'm thinking maybe a death watch mando? Could even be Sabine Wren.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.