• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Ooooh, begger's canyon. :) oh, I knew the pit lady was Amy Sedaris! I finished it, this was way better than last week.

Huh, and the space cowboy himself as the space port operator.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Wow, Filoni upped his game. The direction was much better this time around. Really funny episode too. Lots of jokes hit.

I hope to god the person at the end isn't who I think it is. It lines up though with the planet they are on. Please no.

Smelck

Oct 27, 2017
Rotorua, NZ
This show is everything I want from Star Wars ...from tone to cinematography to writing...love it to bits.

Oh and the theme tune is fucking legendary status.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Filoni upped his game. The direction was much better this time around. Really funny episode too. Lots of jokes hit.

I hope to god the person at the end isn't who I think it is. It lines up though with the planet they are on. Please no.
From the beginning I have been absolutely expecting Boba Fett for the finale

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This one didn't hit for me as well as last week, but it seems I enjoyed last week's episode more than most on here.

Still a fun time though! It's a good thing we'll be seemingly getting more Ming-Na Wen screentime

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I kind of feel like I've got my money's worth from my 1 year sub just from this show....and I still get to see Falcon and the winter Soldier before i have to resub, too.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Far and away the best episode so far. I feel like this was both the best written (easy since Favreau isn't great and this is the first one he didn't write) and directed one to date. No surprise though, I always expected Filoni to deliver the goods.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
What a tease. But, could it really be a Fett tease or just that Imperial played by Esposito? Moff Gideon.

Kind of slow for me, but it had great cinematography and of course who doesn't like nostalgia.

Mos Eisley looks practically deserted now, though. This is post-Jabba's death, so maybe there's a reason (outside of obvious budget constraints).

Also, I think this was the first time we get a name for the planet the guild is on?

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
So is baby Yoda legit a baby? He's supposed to be 50 after all. Just thinking of Empire where actual Yoda pretends to be an idiot. Perhaps this is variation for survival purposes.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting Boba Fett to defeat and unmask Mando in the finale, and in S2 he'll be with the bounty hunter guild.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
So is baby Yoda legit a baby? He's supposed to be 50 after all. Just thinking of Empire where actual Yoda pretends to be an idiot. Perhaps this is variation for survival purposes.

Yoda was 900 so compared to that you can say he's a baby. We have no idea what age they mature at or even the race name for that matter.

Edit: Also crazy to me his race never got a name. We have full background stories and race names for one off species that are only seen for a second, but a main character we can't get a race name for.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of slow for me, but it had great cinematography and of course who doesn't like nostalgia.
That's exactly why it was good. Finally a real episode that takes its time, with a character that developed. Even just having a (fairly basic) twist puts it leaps and bounds ahead of all the others, which did not (apart from Baby Yoda being the package in Ep 1 -- though that's more a surprise than an outright twist).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
This episode's villain (the young guy) didn't hit for me at all. He's a goofball for almost the entire episode, and then at the end when he decided to betray Mando, I just knew he'd die in two seconds (which he did).

Speeder bike action and "sleeping" Mando gag were great. Droids and the cool mechanic too.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
That's exactly why it was good. Finally a real episode that takes its time, with a character that developed. Even just having a (fairly basic) twist puts it leaps and bounds ahead of all the others, which did not (apart from Baby Yoda being the package in Ep 1 -- though that's more a surprise than an outright twist).

Yeah, I have to see it again, but also I think "slow" wasn't the correct word. I didn't find it boring, I was enjoying taking it all in, so maybe it was just my expectations that we would get a faster paced episode this time. I was hyper-aware of the entire show only having four more episodes left, when I should've just been enjoying this one.

But yeah, it started with a frigging space battle! I was actually just thinking about it earlier before the episode aired because I remember seeing a bit of it in one of the tv spots.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
All beskar sounds like that on the show.

He has ditched his OT armor though. It's currently in the possession of self appointed sheriff of Freetown cobb vanth.

I don't think that was ever confirmed to be bobas. They could easily get around that.

I also just went back and watched some scenes with mando walking around and didn't hear that noise at all. It's honestly not something I noticed till this

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have to see it again, but also I think "slow" wasn't the correct word. I didn't find it boring, I was enjoying taking it all in, so maybe it was just my expectations that we would get a faster paced episode this time. I was hyper-aware of the entire show only having four more episodes left, when I should've just been enjoying this one.

But yeah, it started with a frigging space battle! I was actually just thinking about it earlier before the episode aired because I remember seeing a bit of it in one of the tv spots.
I'm glad they got at least one space battle in this season given it's a Star Wars show.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man, there's only three episodes left =(

I hope the season finale is at least a long one.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
This episode's villain (the young guy) didn't hit for me at all. He's a goofball for almost the entire episode, and then at the end when he decided to betray Mando, I just knew he'd die in two seconds (which he did).

Speeder bike action and "sleeping" Mando gag were great. Droids and the cool mechanic too.

That's kind of the point though. He was a rank amateur throughout the entire thing and it was easy to see that he wouldn't last one second in the guild. His death was inevitable.

The "That's my line" was super cheesy. Outside of that, great episode.

Loved the gruff, but sweet mechanic lady and her droids.

I really thought this series would have a bigger weekly cast. IG11's only been in one episode as is Cara Dune. But so far, it's just "Lone Mando and Cub". What gives?!

I LOVE how the old cantina used to be a place with no droids allowed is now completely run by droids. XD

Last edited:

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Opening space sequence was incredible. Are they using actual models for some shots? Or are the having the CGI replicate that? It looked almost stop motion in moments.

Felt like the actor playing Toro was a bit off tho. I got what they were going for in terms of how lame he's supposed to be, but I think the dude was also just not doing a good job at acting it out.

Last scene's got me intrigued/excited. Solid ep.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sheen on this show is starting wear of for me. It's starting to kinda fuckin suck, tbh. Elementary school dialogue and undeveloped, 1-dimensional characters are fatiguing. Usage of classic locations at random is actually more irritating than nostalgic.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That was really enjoyable. I'm so happy this is a brisk episodic adventure series and not some tired "It's all one big movie" kinda thing. Feels refreshing.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get where this show is culminating to. It doesn't feel like it's arriving at any type of conclusion or climax. Just meandering along from one filler episode to the next.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The show can be fun but it's getting a bit grating. The dialogue and acting is clunky at best. The storylines feel cartoony and not that well written. Nothing is developing.

The art and action carries it, but not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.