• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Ooooh, begger's canyon. :) oh, I knew the pit lady was Amy Sedaris! I finished it, this was way better than last week.

Huh, and the space cowboy himself as the space port operator.
Haha. I felt like an idiot cause I didn't realize it was her until the credits.

Did you see the art though at the end with Mando and the rookie on speeder bikes? It's totally Orlando bloom riding the bike. The artist definitely used him as inspiration

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, the problem is that it's only 8 episodes. If this was on normal TV and not streaming, people would have different expectations. It's a TV show through and through, which is awesome.. it's not some 8 part movie, or some trying to be an epic each episode to hold you over.

8 episodes isn't a long run for this type of show.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
So far the only weak episode is 4. And even then it's not bad and had some really great moments. I just didn't care for some of the acting and line delivery and I wished that there was a little more of a threat or twist.

Really appreciate how this show is confident in it's decisions to be slow and quiet when it chooses to be.

A little worried that it was renewed for a second season but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Mar 26, 2018
I mean that's two throw away episodes. The acting and dialogue has definitely been more hit than miss in all but the last two are losing me for sure. This Space battle is not as cool as jangos as well

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Episode 4 was mediocre at best. Episode 5 was just really bad tv. Really disappointing to see the quality dip like this after a strong start.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So Filoni mentioned how cool it was to see a character he created walk up to him and talk to him and so I think the natural assumption was that that character would be in this episode but AFAIK they weren't? Is this the last Filoni directed episode?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
So Filoni mentioned how cool it was to see a character he created walk up to him and talk to him and so I think the natural assumption was that that character would be in this episode but AFAIK they weren't? Is this the last Filoni directed episode?

He wrote this episode, so everyone in it was someone he created.

Oct 2, 2018
Small scale sets ... can't unsee.

I enjoyed the betrayal at the end of the episode

mostly, the show seems to be done on a semi perfunctory unkinectic manner. Fight with Ming na wen was sloppy and the ship shoot out at the end was just okay.

can't believe this is an 8 episode run. So short

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
another cool episode, loving this show.
can't believe how spot on things looked with the mos eisley locations,
though i wish they had populated the cantina a bit more.

so fennec shand is dead or are we supposed to think she survives? and no way that's boba fett, how many times have they said he isn't in the show?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
That was probably the lowest-stakes episode yet. And that's totally fine, though between this one and the last episode, it seems like every non-hunter/military person the Mandalorian interacts with has the bearing of a Disneyland cast member hamming it up for the guests.

The tease at the end is either Boba Fett (the spurs jangle and the radar noise are unmistakable) or it's a fakeout and is actually just a flashback to Mando checking on Fennic's body (maybe she's still alive?).

If not, kind of a waste of Ming-Na if you ask me.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
another cool episode, loving this show.
can't believe how spot on things looked with the mos eisley locations,
though i wish they had populated the cantina a bit more.

so fennec shand is dead or are we supposed to think she survives? and no way that's boba fett, how many times have they said he isn't in the show?
I thought the Cantina was empty because Mos Eisley has almost been abandoned?

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did not care for this weeks Mandalorian. Why did we have to go back to Tatooine? Out of the big old Galaxy, that's where he chooses to go? That's a poor use of nostalgia.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought the Cantina was empty because Mos Eisley has almost been abandoned?
right yeah i realize that's what the case is. Guess I'm just trying to say it felt weird to see it so empty, and even if there's story reason for it to be that way, I still would have liked to see it fuller, but I'm ok with what we got it was really cool.

Also initially I didn't really like the guy we see sitting in Han's spot at the booth, but I warmed up to him over the episode and the fennec shand betrayal scene was solid. There's no way he could possibly have the same coolness factor at his introduction, in the same place Han was introduced, and you know what, he probably isn't supposed to compare to Han favorably, bc he is a rookie at that moment.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I did not care for this weeks Mandalorian. Why did we have to go back to Tatooine? Out of the big old Galaxy, that's where he chooses to go? That's a poor use of nostalgia.

Well, he's looking for planets that would be easy to hide in away from major population centers.

Plus we don't even know if he was headed to Tatooine or if that's just where his dog fight put him in the vicinity of.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
right yeah i realize that's what the case is. Guess I'm just trying to say it felt weird to see it so empty, and even if there's story reason for it to be that way, I still would have liked to see it fuller, but I'm ok with what we got it was really cool.

Also initially I didn't really like the guy we see sitting in Han's spot at the booth, but I warmed up to him over the episode and the fennec shand betrayal scene was solid. There's no way he could possibly have the same coolness factor at his introduction, in the same place Han was introduced, and you know what, he probably isn't supposed to compare to Han favorably, bc he is a rookie at that moment.

His vest was fuckin ace tho. I wish LF had a series store and put some of their fashion wears up. I would fuckin buy that leather vest!!!

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
kinda hoping the person at the end is cad bane, but that's gotta be wishful thinking.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
If that teased character is not Boba Fett... then that is really a suspect use of Tatooine.

Also upcoming chapter description:

Chapter 8 - The Mandalorian comes face-to-face with an unexpected enemy.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the idea of it being Boba Fett at the end. Is it really possible to die in this universe? First Darth Maul is chopped in half and lives and now this. At least they could say that Maul used the dark side of the force to live.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If that teased character is not Boba Fett... then that is really a suspect use of Tatooine.

Also upcoming chapter description:

Chapter 8 - The Mandalorian comes face-to-face with an unexpected enemy.
I guess? I was kinda hoping the clown Boba Fett is just fucking dead.

Mixed feelings on what that would even look like having Fett appear, I'd assume they would fight? Seeing Mando beat Fett would be something, though it'd probably not be satisfying to Fett fans and more annoying to Fett antis to have him appear at all.
If he was introduced not as a rival to Mando tho, then it could maybe be interesting.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Its like entire structure of the show changed after the first three episodes to "adventure of the week".

Kinda jarring.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing quite a few people who think the figure at the end is Giancarlo's character, but I'm not so sure. A Moff having spurs feels... odd, as does him just hanging out by himself in the desert. Combined with the radar SFX... hmm.

Also hearing some claims that details in the character's outfit line up with the Mando's, but not sure how true that is.

I don't like the idea of it being Boba Fett at the end. Is it really possible to die in this universe? First Darth Maul is chopped in half and lives and now this. At least they could say that Maul used the dark side of the force to live.

IMO, the guy with a jetpack coming back from falling down a pit isn't any more unbelievable than a guy coming back from being sliced in half and falling down a pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.