• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 15 hours, 26 minutes, 24 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

The Mandalorian |OT| A Complicated Profession [SPOILERS ON EPISODE DROP]

What did you think of Chapter 5: The Gunslinger?

• Great

• Good

• Average

• Poor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
In Disney canon Palpatine specifically made sure to spread as much propaganda about the jedi as possible on top of deleting nearly 100% of their records. So the people who were kids and/or born during that time had zero exposure to what the jedi order was like.
Yup. One of the few things I liked about the Force Collector book is that kids even in the ST era either don't believe that the Jedi were even real (which fits somewhat with Rey in TFA) or buy into the old Imperial propaganda that they were all traitors.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
that’s dumb though because it seems like sw Empire is far less of a surveillance state than the modern USA.
I mean, take Fallen Order's opening as an example, look how fast the inquisitors came to Bracca when there was just a rumor that there was a jedi there. Palpatine really wasn't playing around and none of the dissent could really be made public. So even if you knew the story about the jedi being traitors at the very least sounded fishy and/or was total bullshit, unless you were joining the rebellion holding your tongue was still a far better alternative than what the empire would do to you. And it's fucked up because it becomes increasingly normalized in the galaxy until a full on rebellion is needed.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Why does every episode have to be linked with a larger plot?

I hear this criticism a lot and it feels a bit unfair. Guess maybe because I haven't seen a modern mainstream TV show in a while and that's the normal now?
Everyone loves "Cinematic Universes" these days

I remember when Logan came out, people were complaining about the "timeline not making sense." The best thing that movie did was not give a fuck about other X-men continuties

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So they pulled a Doom Patrol most of the time. It's amazing how they make the synergy of stunt actors and voice actor work.

Huh, that's wild. Apparently Bryce Dallas Howard didn't even meet Pedro Pascal.

Can't deny that it still works though

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the latest episode. Why did they let Ming Na get murked like that? She actually brought a significant presence/atmosphere to the show in the couple of minutes she had onscreen. I would’ve kept her around for another episode.

I agree that the standalone nature is much better than every single episode being connected.

KyrieEleison

Avenger
Dec 31, 2017
Mando is a Bounty hunter, and quite well known - since he has his own ship.
You'll actually find that owning your own ship is kinda essential to being a bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe.
It's pretty clear, from the dialogue of the show he is only well-known "in the parsec" <---quote from the show.
you're telling me that he would not know that the most famous Mandalorian in recent memory was Boba Fett, and that he brought Han Solo to Jabba and died while Luke Skywalker orchestrated a rescue?
Jabba didn't know who Luke Skywalker was when he met him. Fett didn't really consider him a threat and ignored him at Jabba's Palace. He didn't even consider him a threat on the Desert Skiff until he had taken out a couple of guards. The Stormtroopers on Endor referred to him as "this rebel".
And you don't think the Rebellion propagnda spreading of a moisture farmer named Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star would get to the outer rim - especially his home planet of Tattooine?
What Rebellion propaganda? The Rebels were living out of caves or were nomads five years prior to the show took place.
Given last week's episode, Mando is quite well versed in the top Bounties and other hunters.
It's clear from the show that Mando is a local operator and his preferred modus operandi is under the radar.

Last edited:

Drewton

Oct 27, 2017
So they pulled a Doom Patrol most of the time. It's amazing how they make the synergy of stunt actors and voice actor work.

This is what I’ve been saying for months