• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
A bit odd that a Moff is piloting his own TIE Fighter in that situation at the end. Would have figured he'd use a normal T4-A.

But that's the nittiest of nit-picks. Still cool to see the folding wings there, which makes so much more sense for those things landing than assuming there's like a giant ladder or something for them.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
giphy.gif

My head cannon of the making of this scene is that this wasn't Herzog acting.

This was when they were about to remove the puppet from the crib and Herzog started making his argument for leaving it in and not replacing it with CGI.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
OMG, that one "Poor" vote! Definitely didn't actually watch.
I definitely did. I just think it was poor 😅

It's all so flat. The acting is flat. Nothing had an impact, even the big dramatic turns this episode fell flat for me. I was waiting for three episodes for something to happen, and it finally did and I didn't care at all. Probably because because the last three episodes showed me I don't care about Mando at all.

I just think his armor is very cool and I dig Star Wars 😎

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic episode and the stakes kick right back up.

god this finale is really going to be something.
You don't mess with los pollos Hermanos space chicken man......

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Episode 7 was a perfect example of what I want to see more. All the prinicple actors had something to do (really hope Cara stays on with Mando) and it progressed the story forward by bounds.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
I definitely did. I just think it was poor 😅

It's all so flat. The acting is flat. Nothing had an impact, even the big dramatic turns this episode fell flat for me. I was waiting for three episodes for something to happen, and it finally did and I didn't care at all. Probably because because the last three episodes showed me I don't care about Mando at all.

I just think his armor is very cool and I dig Star Wars 😎
So strange... No impact? A character we knew since the first damn episode died.

Flat is my ass. Not this.. :/

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
On the Force Healing, I don't think it is canon anymore, but in Shadows of the Empire Vader was able to use the Dark Side to heal his own lungs. The only drawback to it was that he felt such joy and relief when he took his first gasping breath that his Dark Side power would fizzle out and the healing would stop.

He would do this to turbo charge his rage periodically, I think, because he really lose his shit after this.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they're disappointed they can't just write words for Herzog to say on camera anymore.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
At least give my man a name, finally. If we can get a complicated backstory for every extra in Mos Eisley with crap glued to his face, surely we can dispense with this "The Client" bullshit now.

Borgnine

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooo they be stealing my baby. This show is soothing the burn of garbage episode 9 I'm going to subject myself to tomorrow morning.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Maybe the droid killed him actually.. we're not 100% sure it's the troopers
You know, that's a possibility, because to me the editing was a little weird there. We see him only a few feet or so from the ramp up into the ship. Then baby Yoda is in the dirt. Then a stormtrooper kind of zooms in from a decent distance away to scoop the baby up.

You'd think if they shot him from behind after running him down, they'd just park and grab the child. This makes it looks like they came up on him lying there like this, and did the swoop and scoop to avoid [whatever killed him].

I'm probably overthinking it, though.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The concept art showed the Storm Troopers shooting at Kuiil. I really don't think "IG-11 killed Kuiil" is what they were setting up at all.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Finally an actual good episode again. Crazy what 40 minutes can do for you if you actually use it properly. Glad to see some stakes being raised and shit happening again. I knew they were fucked when my boy Gus pulled on the scene in a tie fighter.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Alright, I'm fully back on board. If they can keep this up for the main storyline and last week's quality for the one-offs, I'm a happy man. I don't think I've ever seen anything by Deborah Chow, but this episode was very tight. Also, a surprisingly good script by Favreau and performance by Carano.

Status
Not open for further replies.