• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I am super late, but what a great episode. That is exactly what I wanted from the show.

I think I enjoyed this episode more than ROTS.

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017
I really want Baby Yoda to reveal himself to be a sleazy 50 year old man just pretending to be a baby. It would be the greatest Star Wars twist since Empire.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I definitely prefer the weekly episode drop. Though if they had all been dumped at once and people were done with the series in two days no one would be complaining about 'filler' episodes. They would all just run together (which is worse imo.)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really want Baby Yoda to reveal himself to be a sleazy 50 year old man just pretending to be a baby. It would be the greatest Star Wars twist since Empire.
IncredibleFavoriteDoctorfish-small.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say the soundtrack for this is amazing. Göransson channels some Williams with the orchestral version, one week after getting very modern with ep 6. It's better than it has any right being.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the whole series so far, I found it decent at best and boring at worst. But episode 7.......gahdamn. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time watching Mando assemble his crew and enter Navarro. Gideon's entrance is incredible.

R.I.P. Kuiil. He had spoken.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The chase scene at the end had really great build up, it makes me feel like the Obi-Wan show is in the right hands.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok so, I'm catching up with the show right now, I just started E6.. that was the most SW anything the show has done, in the intro. I paused it once the title screen popped up, had a big smile on my face. I don't know where it goes from here but that was fucking great. The character designs (droid looks great), banter, "That's not very impressive" "I wasn't a Stormtrooper smartass" got a big laugh outta me. Tiny.. heh heh.

Here goes nothin'

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just caught up, god damn this show is taking off. Last two episodes have been incredibly good. That ending UGH...... :(

I hope this is a preview of what S2 is gunna be like.

Edit: sorry double

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just have to say. Never thought I would see so many people get upset over an Ugnaught Dying but Mandalorian did such a great job with the character in as short a time as he was around

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I wonder if it's the same puppeteer on each episode for The Child or of its different. Because the radio bit and the part in episode 6 where he looks at his hand are just amazing character moments.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I waited to binge under my free trial, which meant I was stewing with hype. Sadly that was a mistake as after the first 2 episodes I started to get serious doctor who vibes. Especially after that prison, shoot this exact same hallway in reverse, now with dim lights, now in darkness routine. Mando just does some dumb shit that I can't suspend my disbelief for. He basically operates as some who knows he can't die as the twelfth blaster fire that would kill everything else hits his shoulder pad again

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I just watched 8, that force choke, damn child, chill. I enjoyed it a lot and the direction was great. Also prediction now that we know the Moff wasn't the mysterious figure on episode 5, Mando and Cara will beat Gustavo Fring and rescue baby yoda wich will make Gus use his ace in the hole, which is, you guessed it way before me, Boba Fett, and season 2 will be a cat and mouse situation between the 2 until Mando kills Boba for good and finally "get one of those" jetpacks from his cold dead body

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Thread is too huge to check now, but some of you might not have seen this. Pretty amusing. The Harrison Ford impression is uncanny.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it's the same puppeteer on each episode for The Child or of its different. Because the radio bit and the part in episode 6 where he looks at his hand are just amazing character moments.

So, I was on a shuttle to Disneyland with somebody who worked on the Mandalorian two weeks ago. He was talking to a father and his son who asked a ton of questions and what I heard is that they have a team of people who operate The Child off camera. He didn't go into detail but it seems like The Child is mostly mechanically operated with a remote. I'm sure they have multiple versions of The Child rigged up that can do certain actions, and maybe a more traditional puppet for other actions.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bingeing the show now that most episodes are out and it's great. On episode 5 now and I liked everyone so far

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The puppeteer/animatronic work on Baby Yoda is straight-up amazing.

Only a matter of time before they introduce him into Galaxy's Edge somehow.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I think one of the things I like most about the show so far is that Mando is not the perfect warrior. People can get the jump on him, people can hurt him, hell things can get pretty close to killing him. I mean the first episodes animals do a better job of whooping his ass than anything else. I know there's no chance of him dying soon of course but I like seeing a main character who has to fight hard for their win rather than crushing everyone easily except for rando mooks. People are totally right too I do get a sorta video game questline vibe from the show.

I really fucking hope Kuiil is just injured and not dead because I fucking love characters like him. I have spoken.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
This show is good. It's very cheesy and you're often screaming at the screen because the characters walk into obvious traps, but that's because it's genre fiction, and genre fiction works best when the characters don't realize they're in genre fiction. Not everything can be Cabin in the Woods. Sometimes the spaghetti western only happens if the cowboy walks into the obvious trap.

I think it's interesting how many reactions to episodes like 6 amount to "what was the point of these one-off characters" when it feels fairly self-evident that the point was to... have a fun ensemble episode. For me at least, it succeeded at that. This era of TV has given us a lot of great shows where every episode fits into a grander whole, but I don't think that's necessary for a show to be good. The Mandalorian feels a lot like a (very expensive) show in the style of Xena or Doctor Who or X-files or [insert your favorite saturday morning animated series] where the premise is mostly a vehicle for one-off adventures, with a few Main Plot Episodes sprinkled in. I vastly prefer this over, I dunno, a bad Sopranos facsimile or something. I dunno if Star Wars could carry an earnest Serious Prestige show week to week, it's got to be sort of dumb fun at the end of the day.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely prefer the weekly episode drop. Though if they had all been dumped at once and people were done with the series in two days no one would be complaining about 'filler' episodes. They would all just run together (which is worse imo.)

i much prefer the weekly release. It makes each episode an event, builds buzz, fosters communication....

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure at some point his origin will come up-where he came from and how he ended up at that place where Mando found him.

Status
Not open for further replies.