• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What did you think of Chapter 8: Redemption?

• Great

Votes: 708 73.8%
  • Good

Votes: 179 18.7%
  • Average

Votes: 60 6.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 12 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the twist is that it's Jango Fett and his head can detached from his body a la Batman Animated Mr. Freeze.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
text1vukq6.png
"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe.... Boba Fett."

nahhh.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, his name will be Jenga and his true goal is to reintroduce the game to the star wars audience.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Remember when Lucas Arts was making a AAA Boba Fett game and tried to hide the fact that it starred Boba Fett in the marketing until after the project was cancelled?

Dec 12, 2017
I think he envies your ability to see it for the first time. At least I don't see a /s tag, as many fans regard the Clone Wars series very highly.

If you decide to watch beyond the mandalorian arcs, I recommend using this guide to watch it in chronological order.

god no it's one of the best piece of media to come out of Star Wars. There's some wonky episodes here and there but it does wonders for the series as a whole.

Ok, perfect. I got content to watch it would seem.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, perfect. I got content to watch it would seem.
If you do want to watch more of TCW, I'd actually advise to follow this guide instead:

fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Just make sure you include all of the "Honorable Mentions" in your watch along with what is actually highlighted.

The reason being... this series does have its fair share of actual bad/stinker episodes and the vast majority of the episodes not highlighted as "required" or "honorable mention" on this list fall in that category.

If you follow the chronological list, especially, you end up seeing quite a lot of stink (Especially that pilot movie) before you get to anything decent.

Dec 12, 2017
If you do want to watch more of TCW, I'd actually advise to follow this guide instead:

fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Just make sure you include all of the "Honorable Mentions" in your watch along with what is actually highlighted.

The reason being... this series does have its fair share of actual bad/stinker episodes and the vast majority of the episodes not highlighted as "required" or "honorable mention" on this list fall in that category.

If you follow the chronological list, especially, you end up seeing quite a lot of stink (Especially that pilot movie) before you get to anything decent.

Which season has Jabba's nephew named Stinky so i can avoid that season?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which season has Jabba's nephew named Stinky so i can avoid that season?
It's the movie, and a couple of other episodes throughout the series. Like I said though, I wouldn't avoid whole seasons. I would just follow that guide I posted. If you only watch the episodes that are highlighted or marked as "honorable mention" you'll only get the good stuff.

If you did end up skipping any season in its entirety, I guess it would be Season 1. The show gets progressively stronger each season that passes imo.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That image is old, doesnt include season 6. I wouldnt skip anything in season 6 (yes watch the Jar Jar Indiana Jones rip-off episodes damnit).

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That image is old, doesnt include season 6. I wouldnt skip anything in season 6 (yes watch the Jar Jar Indiana Jones rip-off episodes damnit).
I agree all of Season 6 should be watched. It not being on the image isn't that important given that there is nothing to recommend skipping.

Dec 12, 2017
It's the movie, and a couple of other episodes throughout the series. Like I said though, I wouldn't avoid whole seasons. I would just follow that guide I posted. If you only watch the episodes that are highlighted or marked as "honorable mention" you'll only get the good stuff.

If you did end up skipping any season in its entirety, I guess it would be Season 1. The show gets progressively stronger each season that passes imo.
Ok, sounds good. Someone told me once about Jabba's nephew and i noped the fuck out of any interest in seeing that show.

Sounds like there is now a pristine pathway around the fuckery.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, sounds good. Someone told me once about Jabba's nephew and i noped the fuck out of any interest in seeing that show.

Sounds like there is now a pristine pathway around the fuckery.
Yeah, it's garbage. And unfortunately throwing it way up front turned a lot of people off of what is mostly a very good show. I do envy that you get to watch it for the first time. Enjoy!

If you really end up loving the series, at the end you can always go back and watch the more kid-targeting stuff you skipped if you'd really like.

you won't be laughing once Dave Filoni sticks Stinky in Mandolarian! You can't avoid Stinky forever.
Stinky is so clearly a Lucas idea. I feel confident in saying we'll never have to deal with him again lol.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Me too! If memory serves, the earliest reports that Lucas was aiming to create that live action show date all the way back to around 2007.

"We made it, fam."

I remember reading that it was supposed to air in 2008 and I was like "That's so soon! I wonder when the trailer drops..."

Yup! They apparently had two full seasons of that show written too. It's a shame it never came to fruition. Super excited we're finally getting a live action show.

People were saying that George Lucas had written like 100 episodes or something but I always found that dubious.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stinky is so clearly a Lucas idea. I feel confident in saying we'll never have to deal with him again lol.
Later day Lucas I think was at the point he was so tired of all the attacks hurled at him he was going into full troll mode. Stinky was a total troll move Lucas move.

"Oh you don't like Jar Jar huh? I am going to give Jar Jar a baby and name him STINKY."

Same with Darth Icky and the like.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People were saying that George Lucas had written like 100 episodes or something but I always found that dubious.
I highly doubt there were that many, but I do think there were quite a few scripts. I think a lot of ideas from that show though were recycled into other subsequent products like Star Wars 1313 (Also cancelled), Rogue One, Solo, The Force Unleashed, certain parts of Rebels, and maybe even the new Fallen Order game. As far as I know it was meant to be anthology, sort of like TCW, with some familiar characters and a lot of new ones, set in between ROTS and ANH.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt there were that many, but I do think there were quite a few scripts. I think a lot of ideas from that show though were recycled into other subsequent products like Star Wars 1313 (Also cancelled), Rogue One, Solo, The Force Unleashed, certain parts of Rebels, and maybe even the new Fallen Order game. As far as I know it was meant to be anthology, sort of like TCW, with some familiar characters and a lot of new ones, set in between ROTS and ANH.

That's interesting. At least they got some use out of them though!

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
It's not actually confirmed one way or another. The Mandalorian government denies he's one of their people, but it's just as plausible that's a lie.

Wasnt Jango exiled from Mandalore? I forget if there was more reason for him being at Kamino asides from being the clone template
According to the Clone wars. Jango was just a common bounty hunter who got his hands on mandalorian armor. Apparently durasteel and not Beskar

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Trying to avoid spoilers but that info in the app about characters I wasn't aware of has made me just more excited.

I don't remember Nick Nolte being announced for this!

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I know I pre-ordered this but I wonder if I did it through iTunes so that will automatically download the app when it is released.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How soon will it be before Boba takes off his helmet do we think 🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.